News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS 68 Charger fender, What's it worth?

Started by rarefish, March 03, 2007, 05:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rarefish

I guy I know has a 1968 NOS fender that I have been wanting to buy from him.
He is not sure if he is ready to sell it,  so we have not talked any price as of yet.
Any idea what they are bringing today? ::)

mikepmcs

if it's true NOS it could get a lot of cash.  If the guy doesn't know what he has, you might get lucky.  His reluctance to sell tells me he knows what he has.
Check out what this guy is trying to get for this, what really appears to be non NOS but advertising as NOS.  NOS is exactly that,New Old Stock..... unless this guys definition is Nice Original Sheetmetal. :icon_smile_big:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Charger-NOS-Right-Fender-Daytona_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQihZ017QQitemZ270095210601QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I remember some NOS fenders going for $2500 a piece.  I guess it just depends on how much you are spending on a resto.  I personally would never even think to spend that kind of money on a fender, but then again I don't have that kind of money to throw like that.  I guess if you are wealthy, then it really doesn't matter. 

I would be hard pressed to even spend over $400 on a fender and it would have to be in really good shape.

my.02

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

rarefish

I know it's NOS thought I have yet to see it. We all know NOS sheet metal sometimes get banged around from miss handling so I will have to give it the once over before I would buy it.
He knows it worth a good buck, but I don't think he is sure how much it is really worth on todays prices. I really don't need it for my car. I just want to have just in case.
I thinking anything under $1000 should be a good price? ???  It is not easy tying up that kind of cash on something that you don't need right now.