News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What type of 74' Charger is this? Could be rare ?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, February 25, 2007, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

I went to look at this 74' Charger today. It is full of mud and needs some odds & ends, needs to be restored. Needs some interior work and has a hole on the floor board. 318 car. The only thing that has me intrested is the rear window sections. I have never seen this before and was wondering, WHAT THE HELL KIND OF MODEL IS THIS.
The owner said that it is a 74' SE. It has no other emblems or options that would make it an SE, just the rear windows. Are these rare?
I was going to buy the Charger but it needs so much body work, rear quarters, rockers, etc.
Thanks Mopar buddies.
BMOTOXSTAR#079  :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

red72chrgr

Too bad you couldn't get pics of the problem areas. How much did he want for it?  Seats have a different kind of cover for sure. How rare is what options,etc. Still be a nice car to fix up.
Nothing personal, just business

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bordin34

Its semi-rare because of the opera window. It looks to be in good condition from what I can see in the pics.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

konigcharger

its a 74 spring special

IMO...

they don't seem to be all that rare

I've heard the number 212 tossed around but that seems awfully low considering there has been 4-5 on ebay over the last couple months

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

BMOTOXSTAR

It needs quarters, they are full of mud, rockers, full of mud, and t has a whole on the passenger floor board. Otha's a non-rally cluster, cracks in the dash, needs a headliner and carpet, package tray and rear lower door panels.
What would you think a car like this would be worth. He would not give me a price that he wants, just said make an offer. I was going to offer him $2000, Quarters are a big job.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on February 25, 2007, 09:10:37 PM
It needs quarters, they are full of mud, rockers, full of mud, and t has a whole on the passenger floor board. Otha's a non-rally cluster, cracks in the dash, needs a headliner and carpet, package tray and rear lower door panels.
What would you think a car like this would be worth. He would not give me a price that he wants, just said make an offer. I was going to offer him $2000, Quarters are a big job.

You do know that he has the car listed on ebay right?

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

bordin34

i will gladly buy those opera window covers from you if you win it. Better yet i will trade normal ones for those.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BMOTOXSTAR

The weird thing is that I made him a cash offer and he said he would get back to me tomorrow. He then changed the listing and put the BIN. It was listed earlier today and was at $1,300. I just called the guy and he never called back. I even e-mailed him.
I would like to know cause I am going to pick up a 74' Satellite this weekend and wanted to make plans.
It seems shady, what can I say E-Bay. I thought it would be different since I went to see the car in person first. :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT