News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Accurate Exhaust Co- Anyone used them?

Started by 69CoronetRT, February 25, 2007, 12:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69CoronetRT

This spring means a new exhaust system.

Has anyone installed a system from Accurate Exhaust System? Anything I should know about them or their systems? Quality? Fit? Customer service?

How about exhaust tips? Who is selling correct tips for '69 R/Ts and Super Bees?

Thanks in advance 
:cheers:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Shakey

I bought my exhaust system from TTi and I bought my tips from Accurate.

I posted some threads showing photos of both and coverage of the installation.

Hope these help.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4835.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3753.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4518.0.html

69CoronetRT

Thank you. Those were very helpful. (Nice looking car BTW)
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

resq302

I dealt with Acurate Exhaust Ltd last year and their product is top notch.  They replicated the same factory bends and notches and everything fit together the first time with no additional bending or tweaking to fit.  I even had call them cause I was getting this for a show car and the mufflers had slide marks from moving around inside the boxes during shpping and they sent out another set to me in no time.  They have been on a year and I am just starting to show very slight rust signs at the flange where it meets the exhaust manifolds.  All of the correct clamps and hangers were also included.  I highy recommend these guys especially if you are doing a show car like me.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Stentboy

We are installing a system from Accurate , but  opted to go with hangers and clamps from Frank Badalson and chrome tips instead of the stainless ones from Accurate. I should know by tomorrow how it turns out.

Charger-Bodie

ive used it on 4 cars now and the all worked out excellant very nice product if you are looking for resto factory but if not tti is also a great product mandrel bend awesome fit all the same quality as accurite but does not look like orig
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

histoy

I have Accurate's exhaust system on my '68 440 Charger, and I'm very pleased with the quality and fit.  I opted to go with their stainless steel tips because I've seen some chrome tips discolor over time.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Doug, I have Accurate's system on my car as well.   I had Tom make mine all 2.5" all the way to the tips.

I also used his new high flow Hemi mufflers.

I had his orig hemi mufflers in my old set up but I wanted something a bit louder.  These new muffs fit the bill "Accurately" ;)   nice deep tone, a bit louder at idle than the old ones all with NO RESONATION....a pleasure to cruise.  get props all the time on the exhaust note.

Highly recommended :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

resq302

8wheeler,

I am guessing that you had a problem with them?  If so, what was it?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

tan top

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 26, 2007, 01:46:41 AM
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
Quote from: resq302 on February 26, 2007, 07:10:13 PM
8wheeler,

I am guessing that you had a problem with them? If so, what was it? 

....................... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

I remember, back on the old board, Dan did have a problem with them......not sure what though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

Quote from: resq302 on February 26, 2007, 07:10:13 PM
8wheeler,

I am guessing that you had a problem with them?  If so, what was it?

WELL
I don't have the time nor the PATIENTS, to go through everything that transpired between Tom and I.

We had two pages of info on his systems, and he and I talking back and forth on that thread, and he lied!!

The bottom line is, his H-Pipe was bent wrong, I and a mopar company, put it on, and it was way off. His first comment
back to me after seeing my pictures was ''YOUR FRAME IS BENT'' take it to a body shop and have it checked.............
So I did, even tho I bought this car from the original owner ''a good friend  of my Dad's'' back in 1978, and it has
never been in any kind of a wreck but door dings before I got it, and since then. It cost me $98.00 to prove to him my
car was fine, money I never got back........ the shop asked me why I wanted my frame checked, it looked fine to them!!
I did not tell them till they were done checking the car. Then I told them, they said that is BS, you can tell by looking at
the pipes they are bent wrong....................

Anyway, I took it to, two other shops including a friend of Toms that works as a mechanic in my area
trying to prove to him it was not my car that was the problem. After his friend checked out my car on a
hoist at the dealer ship he worked at, he told me my car was fine, and the fact that the pipes were over
to one side over an inch, and one muffler was an inch lower than the other, was the problem with the pipes
being bent wrong ''NOT MY CAR'' well good old Tom did not believe his friend either.

4yrs later, after a threat of getting my attorney involved he took the H-Pipe back and gave me a refund.
I had it on my car for less than a month, jumped through every hoop he asked me to, and he still would
not believe he could have possibly made a mistake, god knows I have never made a mistake HA HA HA.

Does this hapopen very often with his products? NO.... and I never said it did. But it did happen to me,
and one other person I know, and it had the same out come. Nobody is perfect, I know I am not, but
he sure thinks he is...............  :slap:

I could tell you three more pages of what happend, but I am sick and tired of thinking about him, and I don't
need more aggravation, that is why I was not going to say anything, oh well to lake.......

Again, this was my experience with him, I am not saying it happens often...............

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Shakey

The fact that the product was manufactured incorrectly is one thing - that is understandable from time to time.

The fact that he didn't step up and admit that you must have gotten a bad one and remedy the problem is the real issue.

It's a shame that business owners don't realize that if they simply resolve the issue and right the wrongs, things will be much better in the long run for all involved.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Shakey on February 27, 2007, 07:44:39 AM
The fact that the product was manufactured incorrectly is one thing - that is understandable from time to time.

The fact that he didn't step up and admit that you must have gotten a bad one and remedy the problem is the real issue.

It's a shame that business owners don't realize that if they simply resolve the issue and right the wrongs, things will be much better in the long run for all involved.

yep if a problem is handled professionally it goes away no hard feelings...
if its not handled professionally it will haunt you for years to come...
.......nobody is perfect we all breathe air and we all make mistakes from time to time its all in how its handled and the corrective measures taken to remedy the situation.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............