News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sequential LED Tail Lights For 69 Charger ,Opinions?

Started by Back N Black, February 22, 2007, 11:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

69chargeryeehaa

check out this site: http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

they make 3 light sequential kits, perty cheap, and you could just run LED replacment bulbs. 

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69chargeryeehaa on February 22, 2007, 12:10:41 PM
and you could just run LED replacment bulbs. 
The only bad part about those is that they usually only light up a small area near the bulb, unlike a normal 1157, where it lights up the whole surrounding area. So they just look like red dots in the middle of the lense. I don't like 'em.

Now the ones in that eGouge ad on the other hand, look like they'd light up a much larger area because there's many led's spread out over a square board. Those look like they'd work nice! :yesnod:
I'd like to see a set in action.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69chargeryeehaa

ya, i tried the led bulbs, in my 69 charger, and my 74 vw beetle, they went right back to the store, the good ol' bulb was much "warmer". :yesnod:

Brock Samson

Lowprofile

Those are sweet!  I always liked those Cougar/Shelby Mustang tail lights!! :yesnod: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

AKcharger

Guys I feel stupid asking this but do 3rd Gens have 3 bulbs? (car's been in storage for the past year, I forget) the 3rd Gen Guru Nacho said they have two but I thought mine has 3...do ralley lights make a diffrence?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The second gen actually only has 2 lights for the brake.....looks like this kit utilizes the inner marker light as a brake light as well.....maybe thats the case on a 3rd gen
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

3rd gens only have 2 bulbs no matter Rallye, R/T, SE or regular tail light. 3rd area on lense is only reflective without bulb not even like a marker, unless you cut the housing and install an extra bulb, but would need to be like 69s and 70s, a smaller one, low watt single filament since same than 69s and 70s sits too close to lense and will melt down.

Now, as Chriss states, the kit uses for sure the 3rd center light like brake/blinker function, but since is led IN THIS CASE I don't think is something to worry about melt down the lense

Mustangs also uses 2 of 3 bulbs ( outers ) like brake/blinkers so they would need same mods.

I tried the led change, but as 69chargeryeehaa did, went back to store. Led technology still needs lots of job to get same regular bulbs results for automobile use, at least to mod the old ones. Newer cars use leds on some parts but the lightning net is designed to cover up the needed parts and bulbs are located on strategic places, same as old car bulbs location is placed thinking on its own light radiation area.

Is not the same than flashlights like Inova or Surefire, where leds and lenses architecture are made thinking on led radiation area, able to light up up 100 lumens ( T4 and T5 INOVA flashlights )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

IF i redid the tailights i'd up the intensity of the front turn signals as well with a modern H.I. unit...