News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so i need a little help :(

Started by mikes_classics_68, February 20, 2007, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes_classics_68

well i know this may seem a little misplaced as this is dodge charger.com but a mopar is a mopar rite?  so on to my story.

So i was driving down the street yesterday and i happened look down back road and what do i see? i worn down 69 roadrunner, my eyes about popped out of their sockets. but it is in pretty bad shape,

someone used hot glue to plug up rust holes in the back and parts of the hood... :/ and the quarters do need to be replaced, and the front drivers fender has a fairly large dent in it, but the interior looks very good maybe 1 small tear, other then that it just looks a little worn and dirty, but under a layer of dust i saw a red H obviously symbolizing hurst under the shifter, so now i know its a 4 speed.

so the question is, what would be a safe price to pay?  obviously considering the many variables, whether the engine is matching numbers, whether it runs or drives, whether there are major mechanical defects that i could not see considering i just looked at it and did not speak with the owner.

This car has obviously been sitting here for a few years so hopefully they will be willing to part with it.

but i wanna make sure i dont pay to much, or turn down there offer thinking it is too high when in fact it could be a good price.  i also noticed that the frame seemed fine no major rust that i could see. just surface cancer : /

here are a few pictures.

any help would be greatly appreciated  thank you            Michael

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Im saying anywhere between 3-6k??? And also, can I use those pictures for my rotting mopars site?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Big Lebowski

If I'm right, that's a San Diego Roadrunner. I tried to buy it many times from an old guy who said it belonged to his son in NC. And that he would not sell it. No way. Where's it now? Since it still has the old Calif. plates, i think that's the same car.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Brock Samson

sweet find! i like those, bet it's a runner..  :yesnod:

TripleBlackGator

Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Mean 318

thats not too bad! I would say 2-4k DEPENDING on frame, motor, trans, and options.

NYCMille

Honestly, I would say unless you REALLY want that specific car... just walk away.

mikes_classics_68

69bronz it is not my car but of course you can use it. the fraim didnt look that bad at all, it seams to be purely cosmetic.      and yes this is a California car it is in a little town called rocklin where i live.  i also noticed a tach and a few non stock gauges on the steering wheel so i assume someone liked to race lol  well thank for the info that is pleasently higher then i expected.

Big Lebowski

If that's the same car I kept trying to buy in San Diego, how'd you get it from the old man? He kept saying it belonged to his son in the military. He also had a killer lawn mower collection.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

mikes_classics_68

ohh no i havent bought it yet i  just wanted to get an idea of what would be a safe price to pay for it , i haven't approached him  yet, i hope its not the same guy :( i really hope he lets it go.

truth be told i would prolly sell or trade it to get my hands on my true dream car,  a 68 dodge charger :) ~ ~ ~ 0     tomorrow i am going to talk to him, the car has sac state stuff in it  complete with an old parking pass, i cant imagine it being anywhere but around here for the past several years atleast.

dkn1997

Let's just say that they were selling and you got it for 4k.  you will throw at least another 4-10K into that body if you cannot weld or paint yourself. so now you have spent 8-14K on it, and you could have gotten one in that price range that was much better. 
RECHRGED

69bronzeT5

I just added it to Page 63 off my website.

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: mikes_classics_68 on February 20, 2007, 11:23:49 PM
truth be told i would prolly sell or trade it to get my hands on my true dream car,  a 68 dodge charger :) ~ ~ ~ 0     tomorrow i am going to talk to him, the car has sac state stuff in it  complete with an old parking pass, i cant imagine it being anywhere but around here for the past several years atleast.

maybe thats what i should do with that Challenger i found across town?  :scratchchin:
still thinking bout getting that 62 Bel Air/Impala SS too, its a bel air, but it has the Impala logo all over it  :confused:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69-DodgeCharger on February 21, 2007, 12:04:42 AM
Quote from: mikes_classics_68 on February 20, 2007, 11:23:49 PM

maybe thats what i should do with that Challenger i found across town?  :scratchchin:
still thinking bout getting that 62 Bel Air/Impala SS too, its a bel air, but it has the Impala logo all over it  :confused:

:scratchchin: you got any pictures of that Challenger?

mikes_classics_68

but yeah i would prolly just try to get a good deal and sell it so i can get more money for my charger  sigh  one day.  and i have friends who can weld, although paint would prolly have to be done by someone else.   so if i talk to him and i get him to sell it you might see it on here for sale when i have more info.  god i would settle for any mopar at this point but part of me is still holding out for a 68 charger.  i eat sleep and breath 2nd gen chargers. now if i can only add drives to that list then i will be happy :).

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 21, 2007, 12:07:26 AM
:scratchchin: you got any pictures of that Challenger?

just those two that i snapped off my phone that one day. ill try to get out there with a real camera and snap some more :)

mikepmcs

No more than 2k due to some of the facts stated above.  You can still get a real nice 69 RR below 15k all day long that just needs a little attention.  This car needs at least 15k in body work and paint alone.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 21, 2007, 09:17:59 AM
No more than 2k due to some of the facts stated above.  You can still get a real nice 69 RR below 15k all day long that just needs a little attention.  This car needs at least 15k in body work and paint alone.

v/r
Mike

:iagree:  I thought $2000 before i read all the posts here.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikes_classics_68

well i dunno i havent even talked to the guy but i am still kinda curious as to what is under the hood. it is marked 383. but there might be a 440 in it, or if its a 383 hopefully it is matching numbers  :/  maybe he will let it go for a few hundred  :lol: sigh well a guy can dream cant he. well hopefully the next car i find will be a 68 rt charger :)

Mean 318

Aftern  you say 383.. I say 2-3 bes of luck!