News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engines and drivetrains...

Started by aone415, February 20, 2007, 03:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

Okay, as we near completeion on the body of the 68 the engine and drive drain become the next focus point...

We want to go with a 440 (crate) so does anyone know a reputable builder that doesnt charge an arm and a leg???

I'm considering going with this guy, anyone know of him?
http://maundmotorworks.com/gallery.htm

We're also gonna go with a TCI 727 auto and a moser 60 rear... how does that sound to you guys?

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

skip68

I don't think their prices are to bad.  But then again I'm no expert.  I think anytime you plan on going over 500HP, plan on spending $6k to $8k or more.   Some of the other guys here are better at this than I am.  Check with the guys in the performance section. Good luck,   ;)  Chuck...................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Charger-Bodie

i had a hughes 440 in my prior charger it had 560hp 565tq and was aprox 8k but i felt it was worth every penny :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............