News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 16, 2007, 05:52:10 PM
man!, i'm enjoyng the sh*t out of this show. i'm looking forward to this weeks show . kinda like the amazing race and cannon bull run, put together. good job so far Mike , we're routing for you . Rene & Nurit

that what my wife and i decided too ,like amazing race with cars
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Recharger

I finally got a chance to watch my recording of the latest show, good work as always!   :thumbs:

I have a question or 2 for you guys:  on the first leg last week, they showed the F-150 in first, then the Chevy pulled in right before the Charger.  Then when they showed the results board, you were in 2nd place ahead of the Chevy...did they get penalized for something?  or was it just more creative editing?

Also, when it comes to challenges, do they let you make an initial test run or anything to check out the course before you run it, or do they just throw you into it?  I would have figured they allowed a trial run, but the way some of these cars (or should I say drivers) are performing, I'm guessing no?  And yeah, good thing you didn't have to put the Charger through that glass   :scared:  I figured they were using that fake sugarglass stuff from the movies, but damn, that Honda took some damage. 

Can't wait to see the 68 back in action tomorrow... :coolgleamA:

jasonfromIKILLYA

recharger - they stagger start the first leg of each run so it's about who has the fastest time for themselves, not who gets to the line first.  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

NYCMille

So, here's the deal on tonights show...

You WILL see some carnage on the show this evening... (man I hope they show it...) - keep a close eye on the F-150. The challenge tonight is definitely one that will make everyone be like  :o. Jim and I are in it as well so it should be pretty cool. You'll the F-150 really start to piss people off and the Mexican's are just well... funny.

The Lotus boys get pissed and so does Paris from Team Honda - I am actually really looking forward to this episode.  :yesnod:

TUFCAT

Hmmm, Paris gets pissed from team Honda??  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: I'm shocked  :devil: :devil: :devil:  By the way, when you say carnage, are you inferring that somebody will wreck a car??  When I hear you guys get into a challenge, it makes me cringe 'caus I wouldn't want to see the Charger crashing into anything - - thats just stupid of Spike to make you crash into stuff  :Twocents: :Twocents: 

Steve P.

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 17, 2007, 08:26:09 AM
- - thats just stupid of Spike to make you crash into stuff   

That's what many people want to see on TV.   Look at NASCAR..    If it was drag racing the interest would be in the launch and the breaking of records..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

Quote from: Steve P. on April 17, 2007, 08:41:44 AM
That's what many people want to see on TV.   

...Its still makes me 'cringe - especially if its a NICE car.

71ChallengeHer

Well, the TV guide says the challenge is a quarter mile race crashing thru obstacles. :scared: :scared:

mikepmcs

Mike has posted some recent pics of his car since the show, so I think we know it's back to show condition, at a cost i'm sure. even the little ding Paris or dirty(one of them) put in it and didn't sack up and admit it.

Here's a recent one just for kicks. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

:iagree:  It's sad to put all the time and money into something and have to go into a possible wreck just to further please people..   I think Mr. Angry takes all the points without even having to move..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NYCMille

Believe when we first saw the challenges we we're all like ... are you kidding me?

The key to them was doing them with without getting overzealous... which you WILL see people doing tonight. Honestly I could not understand why some of these guys would purposely destroy their cars... makes no sense to me. :rotz:

aifilaw

Quote from: Paul G on April 11, 2007, 09:57:43 PM
Quote from: Troy on April 11, 2007, 08:25:54 PMI think you'd have to be a fairly talented drifter to break the glass with a pole sticking straight out the back like that. You would need to almost stop and then do a donut but that would cost time.

Troy

I was thinking the same thing. Just slide the rear end around and then back in to it. May cost a few seconds but saves the paint. 

it was a near straight shot to the glass, and the breaker was on the rear. What it came down to was driver skill, and I didn't see any driver use it on this challenge really.
I've done these (for fun) in 3 of the cars I've owned numerous times (charger, police pursuit camaro, cutlass). What it takes is getting up to speed, or down to speed that you know, and whipping the wheel and hitting the E-brake. Drifting only works when you have the power to put it there (enough room to make the turn, or the braking to put it there. In order to power-drift you would have had to slow down to probably 30mph, and then gun the engine until you lost the rear end, and spin it into the glass.
The correct option for this challenge would have been to haul ass to the glass, slow to 40-50mph and E-brake it to a 90-degree angle, and gas it through the rest. Then its just knowing what your back end will do to put it through the glass...if you missed, reverse into it.
The F-body made me chuckle when it didn't pull this off, that vehicle is known for having a loose back end, he probably just didn't think about what he was going to do and tried to brake and power his way through the rest, but the back wouldn't break loose.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Paul G

I would have woosed out on the glass big time. I agree that the thing to do would have been to get to the glass as quickly as possible, spin the car around with the e brake getting as close to the glass as you can with no intention of hitting it, come to a stop and put the car in reverse and back the pole in to it. May take a little more time but way better on the paint.

These are every day guys driving there own cars. To pull off a stunt like that the way they explained to do it would take a pro stunt driver a few tries before he hit it correctly. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

dm69charger

Mike, is tonight's episode the one were we get to see you politely "toss" your helmet at the ground because of the challenge? :devil:

-Don
(2) 1969 Chargers

NYCMille

I cannot say...

I'm trying to keep the suspense here man!  :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Mike
you are starting to tip your hand a little more though i noticed so time to check up and put us back in the dark. :icon_smile_big:
J/K brother. :thumbs:

8 more hours...CRAP!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TUFCAT

Yeah, I would hate to see Mike get in trouble over us  :icon_smile_blackeye:.... Its gotta be hard to keep secrets this long (at least it would be for me :yesnod:) so my suggestion is - let's not tempt him  ;) - - After the show, ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE WITH QUESTIONS ANYWAY!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

71ChallengeHer

Mike and Jim, Shelby and I are looking forward to tonights show.  :thumbs: And I sure I'll get my 11pm phone call from my son. :rofl:

Steve P.

I just set my reminder on the tv..  Called my buddy Ray to remind him too..  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jasonfromIKILLYA

I don't think Mike has gone too far yet.  The Teasers show the F150 driving straight thru a brick wall and the fights so he's still in the clear.  :)
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Rolling_Thunder

notice however...     the challenge (F-150 driving through something) is during the day...     where as Mike politely throwing his helmet is at night...   seems like a different challenge...    making it a different episode...     making me think that Mike and Jim survive the carnage tonight....      so I think Mr. Angry kicks ass in the challenge....
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bee_fishy_6869

" Oh $#it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cookies went flying!"
hahah I thought for a second something really happened. Jim is the man. The ones liners are classic

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.