News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

It would be great to have Goldberg tell us his favorites at the end of the show. I'm sure they have cut out some pretty hairy stuff..  :o
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

HITMAN 149

ok...well i'm still up trying to see if spike put tonights episode on the puter yet!!!!!!! aggghhhhhhhh not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!
so i cliked on a pop-up , and they had a clip of mr lambo gettin a "bullrun" tattoo on his lower back!!! aaa-aaa-aaafagot!!!(fake sneezing!!!)
as an avid ink collector & artist...i don't know toooo many (straight) guys who get ink (other than full back pieces) on their lower back....
that's usually reserved for hot :yesnod: (and unfortunatley some not :rotz: so-hot) girls to get some tribal design or a flowery vine w/ roses!!! LOL!!!
:D
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

defiance

That helmet throw - I don't know that it's really "mad" per se, as everyone keeps saying... Looking at the previews, it looks more, "Damn, I just did something badass and I'm PUMPED!"  Watch it again.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing.

SeattleCharger

See man, those Mexicans are smart, they pretend to be lost so they can ask the big boob lady directions, nice, and they know they will somehow not get in last place anyways, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: defiance on April 11, 2007, 12:04:39 AM
That helmet throw - I don't know that it's really "mad" per se, as everyone keeps saying... Looking at the previews, it looks more, "Damn, I just did something badass and I'm PUMPED!"  Watch it again.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing.
My son and I were talking about the same thing tonight, after our Tuesday night phone call to discuss the show. And that was one of the things we were talking about.  And he thinks the same as you about the helmet throw. Because he said Mike throws the helmet right after the explosion. Like he completed a challenge. :scratchchin:

SeattleCharger

Started out the series not liking Olds team, but now I do.  That comment about New Yorkers tell you to your face, and everyone else talks behind your back and is nice to your face, that was great.   Then they show the TA guy getting off the radio with them and talking bad about Olds, then the Lotus guys do it,
  then the TA breaks down and the Olds guy says, "Soulda got an Oldmobile, buddy."  hah,  The TA guy and Lotus guys do talk shit about Olds when radios are off,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

defiance

And yet, Mike's car breaks down, and he diagnoses the problem before ever leaving his passenger seat, fixes it losing *10 minutes*, and finishes in a respectable position.  We need a "props" smiley :P

meanwhile, olds guy drives by, talks crap, talks more crap about being two-faced, but he was the one trying to buddy up to the guy - how much you wanna bet he never said ANY of that stuff to his face?  But wait, wouldn't that be "two-faced"??

"Hey, pot! It's kettle..."
:P

LL1 1967 Coronet

Mike clear this up for me (if you can)...

How can Team F150 take a video of their speedometer when all your cameras were banned?

What marerial was the glass framed in? It looked like some pretty heavy duty stuff? By the way, when the TA backed into the glass frame it looks like he put a gouge in the rear fascia.

What was Paris doing to piss everybody off?

The clean up from all that glass between challenges must have been a bitch.

Did you guys get a chance to wash the cars in Reno? - - they looked clean. 

mikepmcs

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 10, 2007, 10:07:28 PM

Hey Mike, Have you said what kind of exhaust is on Mr Angry, I LOVE The way that baby sounds!

"Ceramic coated headers with full 3" aluminized flowmaster exhaust"

didn't get to see the show cause I had to go to the emergency room. got in a fight with my table saw and it won. Darn near cut my finger in half.

anyways, so what happened that the BMW guy gave up his spot to support his friend?????

and Mike and Jim are in 3rd now overall?? sorry i got confused reading the posts.

i'll have to wait til saturday i guess to watch it on the big screen.  I was more mad last night because i missed the show then cutting my finger.  the nurses and doctors kept asking what the heck I was pissin' about so I tell them i'm missing my favorite program, and they are laughing at me.   :icon_smile_cool:

Of course it's my middle finger and it's splinted in the eagle position. :D

v/r
mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SRT-440

Going back to the MPG thing and tuning..I'm a HUGE fan of big blocks (440's) and I have one in my 71 Dart..however..I bet a awesome combination for a rally in a Charger would be to put in a modern 6.1L Hemi with a 6 speed..slightly modded could put down 450hp and get 25 mpg. Oh well..maybe next year.  ;) :P

Love the show..I've even got my girlfriend watching and she's always asking..is the Charger doing good? LOL.. :pity:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

topduarte

Saw it for the 1st time last night, not a fan of reality shows nor tv but I really like this show.

TA guy could not spin the TA but could fix the tranny leak quick, OLDS guys are aholes, cute flag girls,

Cannot wait till next week and yes, hands up to the BMW guys for giving up their spot!!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

As always... thanks Guys, I'm really enjoying the fact that everyone likes the show and its' actually really fun to commentate on it. Ok.. so now for the questions, just let me know if I leave anything out.

We actually did have camera's in the cars - Spike TV gave us these little Cannon Elf (great little units BTW) and we were allowed to take pics and movies with them. HOWEVER, at the end of each leg they would take all the camera's and off-load all the stuff from the memory cards, then give them back to us totally blank so we never had a chance to actually see what was on the card. As of right now, I still have no idea what they're doing with all the pics.  ???

The BMW guys, Chuck & JR... this really sucked. Both were really great guys and it must've been hard for both of them to have to leave, Chuck was obviously upset due to the loss of his uncle and JR was torn between doing the right thing and completing the Rally - in the end he did the right thing which we all knew he was going to do, it just wasn't easy and we all hated to see them go. Nobody wants a competitor to go out like that.

Paris and Dirty - Man... there is SOOO much they don't show you... Personally, I had a problem with Paris... he actually dinged the rear quarter of the Charger with his door and "failed" to tell me about it... it was a BS move on his part. I found out because literally every other contestant on the show came up to me and told me about it. When I confronted him he just kinda blew it off... to say I was pissed was an understatement... but in that situation you have two choices, either toss the guy a beating... which if there were no camera's around would have been my option #1 or #2, let it slide... unfortunately for me I had to go with #2. After confronting him face to face in my own NY way he did apologize and seemed sincere about so I have no heart feelings against him... my whole thing is if your do something to someone else's property, be a man, sack-up and admit it... that is really where the problem lied. (the quarter has since been fixed BTW!)

As for Jeff with the Lambo getting a tattoo... yep he actually did that in Reno... crazy right. Also in Reno, we did in fact have a chance to wash the cars as they were friggin' filthy by this point.

The glass challenge... ooof. No way, no how the Charger was going through that... every car in that Challenge took damage. Be it paint, body or whatever, it messed up every car. (not mine though  :icon_smile_big:). It was only about 30 minutes between clean up and set up on that challenge, so it wasn't too bad.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything... let me know if I did though -

Cheers - Mike

NYCMille

Oh and BTW... when Jim said: "Like socks on a rooster..we're not going to have any problems"... He'll be on this later to explain as it does, believe or not make sense when he says it... go figure. ???

dm69charger

Mike,

Great Job Last Night!!! ;)  Hope it stays that way.

How do those F-150 guys keep coming in first? :flame:

How did the F-150 guys beat the Mexicans without going over the speed limit? :devil:

First off how did the Mexicans come from dead last to second on the first leg?  Wow what a recovery. :icon_smile_question:

-Don

(2) 1969 Chargers

NYCMille

mikepmcs

one last thing Mike since i missed the show, you guys are 3rd overall now?

v/r
mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigJim

Ok guys... I did say something about having socks on a rooster.  I had a friend in NY that cut and laid tile as an apprentice.  One very cold day, he made an uneven cut and his boss placed the tile anyway.  It doesn't fit right.  It's not a clean cut.  But his boss said it fits like socks on a rooster.  Meaning i will work but it's just a little off.  That's what the expression means.

Ain't no thing like a chicken wing means it will be easy.... 

And on a side note to Dave.  You should stop in to the Circuit City in Port Richey and say hi to me one day.
Big Jim

LL1 1967 Coronet

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 11, 2007, 09:45:18 AM

That's a good good question... :yesnod: been wondering about that myself ??? ??? ???  On TV, we only see scoreboard results for leg they showed. What about an overall standing?  Do previous results get wiped out each day and re-ranked? If that's the case, it doesn't really matter what position you finish in, as long as IT'S NOT LAST. Theoretically then, as long as you don't get eliminated, you'll have a chance to win the entire event  :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:, ....no mater what prevevious challenges you lost, or if you finished second from last each week.... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:   

pettyfan43

Hey Jim, Is that you facing off with the F150 guy next week?

pettyfan43

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 11, 2007, 10:00:21 AM
Quote from: mikepmcs on April 11, 2007, 09:45:18 AM

That's a good good question... :yesnod: been wondering about that myself ??? ??? ???  On TV, we only see scoreboard results for leg they showed. What about an overall standing?  Do previous results get wiped out each day and re-ranked? If that's the case, it doesn't really matter what position you finish in, as long as IT'S NOT LAST. Theoretically then, as long as you don't get eliminated, you'll have a chance to win the entire event  :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:, ....no mater what prevevious challenges you lost, or if you finished second from last each week.... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:   

Well last and next to last suck. BUT First and Second and you get to put OTHER teams in the challenges. That is the best part.

LL1 1967 Coronet

Charger74

Mike,
Question about the car.  Saw some sort of tank in the engine bay on those Bullrun shots.  What is it for??? And what does it do?  By the way, keep up the good work.  Can't wait to hear how you do in the real Bullrun.

NYCMille

As for our positioning. Remember that every show we start with a clean slate. At the end of last nights episode we came in 4th (I think)... all the teams that got the time bonus came in ahead of us.

The tank under the hood is an Accusump Pre-oiler unit. Basically as soon as you turn the key it injects 3 quarts of oil onto the motor so it is pre-lubed before start-up. Works out good - also works as an oil reserve system.

TruckDriver

I saw that with the paint gouges on Dirty's car :o wow!

Kinda a off beat question but...

Obviously they had meals and drinks fixed for you at every check point, did they have anywhere for you guys to take showers and or do your laundry, or did you guys have to deal with each others body oder? Just curious, cause that alone would of made it rough. :-X
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P