News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey Mike,

Finally checked out the first two episodes online today - I'm Hooked brother !! that looks like such a blast!! I'll be watching episode 3 tonight, I'm rooting for ya man!! GO GET'EM

BTW....once again, LOVE that car baby!!

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bull on March 29, 2007, 08:12:37 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 29, 2007, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 29, 2007, 11:17:57 AM
Regarding the flag girls outfits...I've been in love with the skimpy costumes ever since I can remember ... :icon_smile_big: the more trashy looking - - the better. :cheers:  (Thanks to BULL for the pic)

I agree with you. 

Hey Dog,

Since you're good at grabbing stills off that show how about grabbing the one where Mike throws his helmet to the ground in the intro?

heh, ya, I justed watch episode 2 today, heard that oregon drivers comment,  it didn't sound that bad, he was stuck in heavy traffic I guess.
Those drivers probably moved there from here, wish more of them would leave. 

Just look at the lines of that car, just beautiful.  You just don't see that anymore.   

I made pics, here.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Here ya go Bull.   Mr. Angry, well, sorry Mike.   I hope you guys win man.  Good luck.    

After watching this last show I got a few questions. 

1. What the heck were them light poles in the challenge made of that some of the people felt confident enough to take them out with their grill?  They looked really weak so I don't think they were fluorecent lights.

2. Were most of the cars evenly matched on fuel runs?  It seems to me you'd be losing a lot of time in the Charger having to stop for fuel every 200 miles. 

3. How the hell do you manage to be the first car out of the gate every time?  I think tonight was the first time that you weren't first to leave the start gate. 

4.  About Mr. Angry.  What headlights are you using that you only need one for each side and what are those front bucket seats?
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

SeattleCharger

Here's some pics, him in front at beginning, and the headlights. 

SeattleCharger

Speaking of getting gas, I noticed the mexicans had a five gallon can they filled up and put in the back seat.  What was up with all the pumps going out?  That almost seemed like a set up, the show people knew everyone was going to hit that station, like it was a planned obstacle.  I don't know.  I didn't add that text to the photos, it was on the tv, they bleeped it out of course,   

I felt bad for the poor trans am girl when she couldn't get gas, 

PocketThunder

I used to have a 55 Chevy and those shoe boxes do corner like a "fat bag of donuts"  :rofl:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SeattleCharger

__

SeattleCharger

__

SeattleCharger

This is my new screens saver, awesome looking '68, here it is in right proportion to be a screensaver if anyone else wants it,

right click on pic and click on "set as background".

NYCMille

These screen grabs are awesome! thanks for pulling them. Let's see here, the flag girls in the order you posted them are: Angela, Ashley, Sterling (yes, that is her real name) and Jennifer. All of which were beautiful and again, just real sweethearts - we basically lived with them for a month so everyone got to know eachother pretty well. Angela, Sterling and Jen are simply awesome... the nicest most down to earth girls I've met in a long time and really fun to be around. Ashley, not so much... kinda' cold and acted she was doing everyone a favor by being there... I have no time for that crap. I do speak to the others every now and then though and will be seeing them again in May on Bullrun from Montreal to Key West so that will be fun.

Some questions:

- The light poles from the challenges were the same standard floresant lights you'd find in home depot. They were just wrapped in color celophane. Problem with them is that they contain mercury (I think) and when they shatter and it hits the paint it goes right though it. Plus they have the metal ends ont them so that also does damage. I can't tell you HOW HAPPY I was that I wasn't in the last challenge... I saw that and was like "oh sh*t... I hope we don't get picked for this one." - Luckily we didn't.

- Fuel was always a major concern for us, we ended up buying an additional 5 gallon can an putting it in the back seat just in case we ran out on some deserted road... let me tell you, it helped out more than you know. We probably got the worst mileage of all the cars on the show averaging about 9-11 depending on the conditions. We ran about 150-170 per tank... it sucked.

- If you remember people had asked about the "01" being on the side of the car and I had replied that it helped us about a few time... this was one of those time - we did a lemans type start every show and it just worked out that the way the cars were lined up in the coral we would always end up being closest to the gate, thus us getting out first most of the time.

- The headlights are a true xenon kit that utilize their own relays and a separate ballest for each light - they were not cheap but when we were in the mountains... man, did I thank God I spent the money on them.

- The one gas station we went to, when we got there the pumps worked but the portion did not, meaning they only took credit cars at the pump itself. Since we were not allowed to use credit our own cards we had to pay someone to use theirs... a pain the ass, but it worked. Believe me too when I tell you it was not a planned obstacle... if you noticed there was already a bit line in the gas station before we ran in there.

;D

LL1 1967 Coronet

On the fuel topix.....

The Chebby guys put a 5 gallon can iin the back seat area on a refuel stop  - - I betcha that helped them with the raw fume smell they were suffering with!!!

Also.....Mike, does your car have a larger fuel tank?  In a rear shot it appears to show some silver metal just below the rear valence under the license plate area. What's that?

Back on the flag girl topic....I'm glad they were actually cool chicks :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: .  Especially funny, they all wore "route 69" on their tops.  Coincidence?? hmmm,  I wonder.   ;D

Blown70

Mike,

Have you decided to run a large cell yet?  I have an idea that may work without you cutting your car floor.......send me a pm if you want.

or I can dig up your phone #

NYCMille

Honestly, I think I am going to run my stock tank - I have an insulated 6 gallon race can from my motorcycle racing days so I think I will just carry that inside the car. I figure if I roll 150-170 miles to a tank I'll want to stop anyway just to stretch. So it shouldn't be too bad. Also, there are guys who are running balls out... that will NOT be me... we'll probably run about 10-15 mph over the limit so we can still make time and even if I do get stopped it won't be the type that will get me thrown in the cuffs... plus I really can't afford the tickets.

Blown70

Quote from: NYCMille on March 30, 2007, 09:55:33 AM
Honestly, I think I am going to run my stock tank - I have an insulated 6 gallon race can from my motorcycle racing days so I think I will just carry that inside the car. I figure if I roll 150-170 miles to a tank I'll want to stop anyway just to stretch. So it shouldn't be too bad. Also, there are guys who are running balls out... that will NOT be me... we'll probably run about 10-15 mph over the limit so we can still make time and even if I do get stopped it won't be the type that will get me thrown in the cuffs... plus I really can't afford the tickets.

Mike you could mount a 25 gallon in the trunk without cutting a hole.  Use it as a holding tank.  Hook up a switch to a fuel pump and pump into your tank as you need.  We/I have done this with a project before.  That way you do not have to chop things up.  If you want a different tank tube for the plumbing I have a spare that is in reasonable good shape I would give to you.  That way you are not wrecking anything.  Just a THOUGHT :icon_smile_wink:

Let me know.

Tom

SeattleCharger

That was funny when the mexicans door opened in the light contest and they still beat the olds.  Those guys got a good attitude.  If I was them I would be wearing a respirator with the filters on each side, breathing exhaust for hours . . . no way. 
  I am surprised that BMW didn't do better in the curvy road section, great handling and speed and has decent gas mileage. 
    The show sort of looks like there are many factors to each section, chance etc., makes it fun watching, besides rooting for a favorite and seeing the short skirted hotties. 
  Jen looks really nice.   This girl looks like the cold one, but is hot still.        but figures the brunette one isn't so nice,

Ponch ®

It just occurred to me more than likely there is a thread like this at the Firebird, M3,Lotus, etc message boards that the drivers belong to.  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

LL1 1967 Coronet

Hey Seattle Dog, thanks for the flag girl pictures....it just reminded me they were wearing fishnets - - very HOT.  :flame: :flame: :flame:

PocketThunder

Quote from: The Iceman on March 30, 2007, 01:13:22 PM
It just occurred to me more than likely there is a thread like this at the Firebird, M3,Lotus, etc message boards that the drivers belong to.  :icon_smile_big:

No Sh!t Sherlock!          :icon_smile_big: :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

472 R/T SE

Quote from: The Iceman on March 30, 2007, 01:13:22 PM

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3aff5f0fb0f0474ccf80e42fb25dcd11&t=43331

Don't go taking a dump over there LL1 like you did with the Lambo auction.   ;)

LL1 1967 Coronet

68chrgrwife

So I checked out the T/A forum and they seem pretty lame.....I guess we love Mike a little more here...LOL  and someone posted another forum that was talking about the show and they seemed even lamer (if that is even a word and possible).  I didn't sign up or post anything, but cruised through the thread.  Seemed a little dumb...they were asking a few questions, but didn't seem to want to know as much as we did.  I will say that they did give Mike and Jim their props for Mr. Angry and their driving.  Hey I also read that the lotus and chevy were here in SD-----damn How did I miss that?  CRAP!!!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

LL1 1967 Coronet

I might have got busted on my fishnet comment... :icon_smile_cool: What do some of our our resident hottiies  :icon_smile_kisses: (like 68chargerwife) think of the outfits??  Cool or not?

68chrgrwife

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 30, 2007, 04:18:33 PM
I might have got busted on my fishnet comment... :icon_smile_cool: What do some of our our resident hottiies  :icon_smile_kisses: (like 68chargerwife) think of the outfits??  Cool or not?

I think the outfits are HOT I'd wear one for Hubby  :devil: !  I think he'd love it!  Love the route 69 name tags.  Even the fishnets aren't that bad...At least you can catch something in them...LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

70charger_boy

:scratchchin:
I wonder if Mike is getting paid for all this free advertising for spike tv and the show?