News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on March 26, 2007, 08:09:14 PM
Wow!!  I was reading that thread with the olds guys.  I thought the dc guys were bad.  These guys are really getting ripped and I think the olds guys won the bullrun..Call me crazy but If you read real close he slipped
I didn't read that. I saw he said they filmed for 3 weeks and Mike sais he filmed for a month. :shruggy: Plus he doesn't have 17 grand to run the real Bullrun.

Dave22443

I think if those guys did win, and someone could show where they let it slip, they can kiss their prize money goodbye.

I'm not picking a winner just yet, but I think I know who this weeks loosers are going to be...

Team '57 Chevy is going to need a miracle to survive another round.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Ya, I think Team 57 Chev is gonna need a miracle too. And also, Team Hurst Olds, they've been doing pretty badly too
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

The big thing we all must look at is that with each leg anyone can end up on top. Then with the challenges a car that came in very late can make it right back to the top of the leader board. 

We must just watch and cheer on Mike.....           ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69bronzeT5

The only reason I watch that show is because the Charger

DC_1

Dave22443

Like Mike, I too have a '68 R/T clone.  So of course I am going to pull for him!

Besides, he's helping me justify the expenses to the wife!  I can point to the T.V. and say, "See that?  When I'm done, my car is going to run like that!"   ;D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Dave22443 on March 26, 2007, 09:24:36 PM
Like Mike, I too have a '68 R/T clone.  So of course I am going to pull for him!

Besides, he's helping me justify the expenses to the wife!  I can point to the T.V. and say, "See that?  When I'm done, my car is going to run like that!"   ;D

hey my hubby's car is a 68 R/T clone too and I know that no matter what he says our car will never be as good as Mr. Angry.  Mike I give you mad props dude.  Your car is awesome, you drive like a nut, and I am routing for you all the way.......GO TEAM CHARGER (01, was not a mistake...your #1)!!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

dkn1997

How long until we see people trying to duplicate mr angry the way eleneor from gone in 60 seconds took off?  maybe not to that extent, but you can bet your john brown hind parts that those wheels will end up on a few black chargers soon.
RECHRGED

71ChallengeHer

bull

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 21, 2007, 09:13:12 PM
Quote from: 1 of 74 on March 21, 2007, 07:26:02 PM
That guy in the Olds sure got bent out of shape when he found out you can't pump your own gas in Oregon. :devil:

I guess I can relate because I once got all bent out of shape at a Washington gas station because no one would come out and pump my gas for me. I sat there for 5 minutes and finally left before I remembered that Washington is self serve. Too much time in Oregon I guess. Then, about two hours later, I couldn't figure out why the girl at Wendy's was trying to charge me more than I owed for my food. Oh, yea. Sales tax. :P

Sales tax....you didn't know about sales tax???  Is there none in Oregon?  Yeah when we hit our first gas station on the way here (FROM NJ TO CA) that was self-serve my husband and I kinda looked at each other like WTF????  I pumped gas for a living in NJ so no biggie, I hopped out and started pumping away.

Yes, of course I knew about sales taxes but this happened after several years spent on Oregon soil so it wasn't at the forefront of my mind. No, there is no sales tax in Oregon. The only reason it happened is because I often tally up the charge for items in my head at stores before they ring it up so I have some idea what it's going to cost. When she tried charging me more than what I had come up with I couldn't figure out why.

LL1 1967 Coronet

Many of you will appreciate this - (I know its off topic), but the long-hair on the left is actually our buddy 69bronzeT5!  Too funny, I couldn't resist!!  :nana: :nana: :nana:

jasonfromIKILLYA

yo.  That kid is gettin on my last nerve as well, but there is no need to bag on the dudes passion for music.  So frickin what he's got long hair and plays in a band?  How about ya concentrate on the topic at hand or how about the show itself??
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

69bronzeT5

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 26, 2007, 11:42:35 PM
Actually, Im on the far right
Cody, I wan't insulting your love for music.  I think it's nice a kid your age has hobbies.  And you do a great job on your website.  I think everyone thinks you just need to settle down a little, ok. Sit back take a deep breath and think before you post. ;)

Chryco Psycho

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Steve P. on March 27, 2007, 04:46:28 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 27, 2007, 03:33:48 AM
Awesome Mike
too bad I don`t have a TV :brickwall:
:iagree: 

Dont worry, I'm sure they will make a DVD box set then you can watch it on the PC :thumbs:

You would never watch it if you had one... :rofl:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NYCMille

It's interesting to read all the posts on the other forums - especially when some of the other contestants chime in. Like I said earlier, I'm actually pretty good friends with almost everyone on the show. We all shared an experience that will most likely never be duplicated - really a once in a lifetime gig.

A lot of people on most of the other boards also seem to think that the show was rigged and the we, the contestants were all actors. Man, this could not be further from the truth. Honestly, I think that if actors could "act" the way that some of these guys are in real life there would be a lot more oscars handed out. The casting directors literally went through thousands of audition tapes to find the right people (hell, at least that's what I was told)... were they looking for specific types of people, absolutely. Example... what happens when you put two big Italians from Brooklyn in the mix with a few Mexicans from Southern CA?... I'll tell you what happens, they become pretty good friends. That may not be what they wanted, but that's what happens.

They wanted to create a interesting dynamic that covered all aspects of the car culture and honestly I think they did that pretty well. You will always get some turd that wants to flaunt his/her experience in a race car by saying the show is all "BS" and that everything was rigged and so on and so fourth and that is absolutely fine as everyone has their own opinion. I just find it funny when people say that they would NEVER compete in something like this because they wouldn't want to embarrass themselves, or then you get the people that say could win this who thing hands down in their hopped up 1986 Oldsmabuick... cracks me up.

I had a guy (no joke) email me and tell me all the things I did wrong in the challenge last week, then proceeded to tell me how I could make up some time and how I should modify my car in the future, so I would do better next time... I emailed him back explaining that first off, I won, then asked what his experience was with breaking light bulbs off the side a flaming bus in a 40 year old car AND what further improvements "he" would recommend...

I have yet to get a response.

All in all this has just been a lot a fun to share with everyone on this list and I am really glad that you guys are enjoying it and having some fun while at the same time taking some of the theatrics with a grain of salt. When they cast the next season of the show everyone who should really apply because the experience was a lot of fun and one that won't be soon forgotten. Also, if you ever see the car at a show or something, please make it point to find me as I would really like to meet everyone if I could.

As for tonights episode... I think you'll enjoy it, I know the roads get A LOT tighter and a little mayhem insues... and as always, I'll give the full play by play tomorrow morning :yesnod:

Cheers guys (and gals) - Mike

Skued

Sorry to hear about all the nut jobs harassing you.  Geez, some people's children :rotz:.     I'm really enjoying the show.  Still laughing to myself about you buying all the maps...that was classic! :D  Can't wait for tonight!

Steve

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

cudacharger

Mike-

Awesome driving job in the Bullrun!  I enjoy every episode and looking forward to tonight's as well. 

Keep it up!

Something about a 68 Black R/T Charger!   

ds440

Quote from: NYCMille on March 27, 2007, 07:47:39 AM
....then you get the people that say could win this who thing hands down in their hopped up 1986 Oldsmabuick...

Quote of the week. :smilielol:   Oldsmabuick! :lol:

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.