News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 10, 2007, 12:52:26 PM
yeah but Dad is not such a nice guy, is he?..  :-\
even The Big Guy said "Team TA as usual went for the juggular"..
and did ya' hear him raggin on his daughter,.. I thought her expression at that point said a lot,.. bet she isn't too pleased with dad anymore...
all that father/daughter bonding stuff aside,...
no they didn't need the bonus.. or to screw team charger..

You know I felt this way too, but then I remembered that no one knew there was only 1 time bonus. They said there was only one so that the brothers wouldn't go for it. I think they were hoping/thinking there would be 2 of them and they wanted the brothers to not go for it.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Rack on May 10, 2007, 12:56:03 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on May 10, 2007, 12:52:26 PM
yeah but Dad is not such a nice guy, is he?..  :-\
even The Big Guy said "Team TA as usual went for the juggular"..
and did ya' hear him raggin on his daughter,.. I thought her expression at that point said a lot,.. bet she isn't too pleased with dad anymore...
all that father/daughter bonding stuff aside,...
no they didn't need the bonus.. or to screw team charger..

You know I felt this way too, but then I remembered that no one knew there was only 1 time bonus. They said there was only one so that the brothers wouldn't go for it. I think they were hoping/thinking there would be 2 of them and they wanted the brothers to not go for it.

Yeah, but when they saw that there was only one and that team charger was right there (even Morgan said we knocked them out didn't we and dad said who knows), they could have pulled over and gave the time bonus to Mike and Jim...IMO!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

ramit

Yeah, but when they saw that there was only one and that team charger was right there (even Morgan said we knocked them out didn't we and dad said who knows), they could have pulled over and gave the time bonus to Mike and Jim...IMO!!

That sounds like a good idea but what would happen if team T/A ended up having car trouble or something.  They would be regretting giving up there time bonus.  Every one needs to remember that it was a race for money and you do what you have to do.  From  what big jim said Mike Alsop helped them fix there car quite a bit and that was pretty damn nice of him.

pettyfan43

Quote from: ramit on May 10, 2007, 01:25:05 PM

That sounds like a good idea but what would happen if team T/A ended up having car trouble or something.  They would be regretting giving up there time bonus.  Every one needs to remember that it was a race for money and you do what you have to do.  From  what big jim said Mike Alsop helped them fix there car quite a bit and that was pretty damn nice of him.

Just me thinkig out loud. BUt it could be that Mike Alsop saw a chance to maybe eliminate one of the bigger threats, meaning he was more worried about The Charger than the T/A... :yesnod:

defiance

Yeah, think about it.  The allsops didn't know whether or not the olds boys were actually going for the time bonus.  They had to keep in mind that if they gave up their time bonus and then ended up behind the olds because they went straight, it would SUCK!!  WE know that wouldn't have happened, but they didn't know at the time.
I don't think I'd have given team charger the bonus either.

Steve P.

All you guys freaking out about the Holley carb is crazy. An Eddy in the same condition would do the same thing.. Keep in mind one MAJOR thing. MR. ANGRY resides @ sea level. The carb was set up for SEA LEVEL. NOT 3500 - 7500 feet.....   Many adjustments need to be made to go from +/- 0 to  + 6000 ft... We don't know that ANY of those adjustments were made..  This is where the F-150 and the T/A had it all over the older carb cars.. The sensors tell the computer what is needed to run at it's peak. The computer adjusts fuel timing and length of spray along with timing..  That's a tough nut to crack when you are on the go most of the time.. Not to mention carrying half your shop with you...   I would like to see Mr. Angry with a pair of 6-AL's under the dash board. One to run. One for back up..

I don't know what kind of time Mike and Jim had to work on the cars before each leg, but from what they show on air it doesn't look like allot.  So I have to say that Mike and Jim did one hell of a great job accomplishing all that they did..  They spanked everyone in every challenge. What more can you ask for?? In a nutshell, Mike and Jim just proved to the world that MOPARS RULE......................

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

That might be, but like I said before I was on the fence between the two. My reasons for making a decision don't have to make sense do they? :shruggy: :nana:

Mefirst

Good race Mike and Jim...

The cool part is, eventhough you didn't win is that -What car do you think the people and specially kids will remember of al those teams/cars compeeting??? Not the Lambo, not the white Ford truck, not the red Camaro, certainly NOT the Olds... Everyone will remember the black Dodge Charger!!!

You are still the ultimate winner in my book, it takes huge sets of balls to take out a 40 year old car and beat the crap out of it, in a competition like that..

Here is my :cheers: to you... now go kick some ass in the real Bullrun!

/Tom

pettyfan43

Yeah it is hard to see that last episode without its biggest automotive star! Mr Angry was definitely THE CAR that stole the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I WANT a Mr Angry t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a Mr Angry Die Cast car, and I'm already working on a plastic model of him!

I want a Mr Angry POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave22443

Just a quick stupid question here:

If the elevation (which I understand was somewhere around 7000 feet) is what bit the Charger, why didn't it also effect the Olds team?  Didn't they have a carb too? 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Lostsheep

Steve P.

Yes it did screw with the Folds team too. Remember when they were saying they were close to running out of gas and they said they would have to clean the plugs due to it running like shit?? They were cleaning and adjusting what they could. It was mentioned a few times on the show..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

pettyfan43

It has been stated here before, but Holleys are THE most tempermental carb you can get. The hairgel-mobile may have had a quadrabog on it which would work better than the holley without the adjustments. IT will actually compensate a little better because it has vacuum secondaries. That holley on Mr Angry is a Double Pumper. It's gonna do what it's gonna do regardless.

I have had a couple of holleys, NEVER AGAIN unless I build a dedicated racecar.

I have had 3 edelbrocks, I LOVE EM. plug and play.

aifilaw

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 10, 2007, 09:40:28 PM
It has been stated here before, but Holleys are THE most tempermental carb you can get. The hairgel-mobile may have had a quadrabog on it which would work better than the holley without the adjustments. IT will actually compensate a little better because it has vacuum secondaries. That holley on Mr Angry is a Double Pumper. It's gonna do what it's gonna do regardless.

I have had a couple of holleys, NEVER AGAIN unless I build a dedicated racecar.

I have had 3 edelbrocks, I LOVE EM. plug and play.

they are plug and play for a reason.....when you live at the same altitude, and you drive around the city/countryside....rain or shine, summer or winter....

take the same exact engine, same car, same everything, and tune a holley and put it on...run it on a dyno once every 3 months, then tune an edelbrick, and run it on the dyno once every 3 months

take those 4 datapoints, and I gaurantee you the power under the curve for the holley will beat out the edelbrock by 1% in the worst case, and 5% in the best case...and that adds up.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

pettyfan43

Like I said, IF i had a DEDICATED RACECAR I would go Holley. Myc ars are REAL WORLD cars, in that situation, holleys are less than Ideal.

I like the edelbrocks. I'm not looking for every last ounce of power I can ring out of it. I want to be able to drive it anywhere. I want to be able to get in my car, crank it up and go where I want, this is something I didn't have with the Holleys I have had.

And I don't drive a Dyno, so that power curve thing really doesn't do much for me. Reliability is something I DO care about. 

aifilaw

well, I feel less bad about hijacking the thread, props to Mr. Angry...
but fact is, the edelbrock may be temperamental, but its still a carberator...if you go from 1,000 ft ASL to 7,000 ft ASL and try to run that parking garage with an edelbrock...you will most likely have the same thing happen.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

pettyfan43

That's a HUGE altitude difference Probably any carb you use would go through culture shock with a difference like that.

I've just NEVER had good luck with Holley Carbs and have had nothing BUT good luck from the Edelbrock carbs.

None of the Edelbrocks I have owned have been tempermental. That's WHY I like em.

PocketThunder

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :brickwall:

Ok thats all for now....

Good luck in the next Bullrun Mike.  I'll follow along on the blog. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

firefighter3931

Quote from: aifilaw on May 10, 2007, 11:49:44 PM
well, I feel less bad about hijacking the thread, props to Mr. Angry...
but fact is, the edelbrock may be temperamental, but its still a carberator...if you go from 1,000 ft ASL to 7,000 ft ASL and try to run that parking garage with an edelbrock...you will most likely have the same thing happen.

:iagree: Carburators need to be tuned for altitude. People that bash holley carbs don't understand how to tune them or have the wrong carb for the application in the first place.  ;)

For you Edelbrock luvers....take your car to a chassis dyno and run it with a wideband O2 sensor and see what the carb is doing....it'll be quite the eye opener.   :o

For a bone stock engine the Edelbrock is in the ballpark but throw headers, cam and a descent intake manifold on and the fuel curve will be all over the map.  :yesnod:

Mike, sorry to see it end....great run for team Charger ! Best of luck in the "Real" race to Florida  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BrianShaughnessy

I don't think there's much to do with the Holley / Edelbrock debate as to why the car died at the challenge.   Nor even tuning at altitude.
It was flooded due a stuck float because some crap got stuck in the needle/seat.     They were having  basically the same problems (tuning wise) as ding/dong more or less but their car didn't crap out at the worst possible time.    It's just opinion whether that 800 double pumper was or is the right carb for the car - I'm not so sure it is.   Certainly the fuel mileage is not up there where I think it should be considering the GV and gearing - again... my opinion.   

I don't know the particulars of Mike's fuel system.... maybe I'll see it next month at XV,  maybe not.    But I've certainly found that at least on my 6 pack that a 90 degree fitting in my lines with a plug at the back ( to imitate a fuel log)  helps with my rear carb flooding situation as opposed to a 1 piece run to the rear carb - so much so it hasn't happened since I've installed it  :icon_smile_cool:    I think it reduces the chance of crap getting to the carb.   I am also suspect of the gas from the jugs - as to how clean the new jugs were.   They were also throwing in octane booster.    Certainly in my mind a bottle of fuel system cleaner at a fill up wouldn't have been out of the question once or twice during the trip.    None of this actually helps the situation now  :-\

I can't say if his car is running a bypass filter,  bypass regulator or even a vapor separator at this point but it would be interesting to find out.
I put back in my 1/4" return line recently and am using a bypass filter.

Anyway I'm still sorry to see them out of it but I hope they do good on the new deal to Key West!
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

71ChallengeHer

Well, Shelby and I talked to Mike before he left. I haven't heard from him , yet. But he made it to Montreal safely. http://www.bullrun2007.com/ Looks like he's having fun. :icon_smile_big:

SRT-440

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71ChallengeHer

Mr Angry getting all stickered up before Mike left. Shelby talked to him about his sponsers. I'll let her post up about them.

bull