News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68isgr8

Quote from: NYCMille on May 09, 2007, 12:02:48 AM
I do want to share one thing on that last episode that they didn't show and honestly I have NO idea why because I think it would've made great TV... when everyone came back down after the Charger stalled out and the Brothers said no to our request, I asked the producers if I could run the Challenge again, they said no. I told them I didn't want to do it for time credit but I just wanted to do it to prove that I had a better car than Olds. and that I was better driver.

In the end and after Bill Goldberg (thank you Bill) asked them and they let Me and Jim re-run the challenge it for no time credit. We turned the idle up like 2.5k as we couldn't adjust the carb. as the front float was simply stuck and we ran it... to make a long story short we beat the Olds. time by a full 2.3 seconds in the course. It was filmed but never aired - the Olds. brothers know this and if anyone ever sees them feel to ask them about it because they cannot deny it. So in the end did we loose, yep, unfortunately we did, but can my 40 year old Charger with leaf springs and torsion bars out handle that Olds. ABSOLUTELY! and I'd do it on any day, at a moments notice, on any racetrack on this green Earth.

Way to prove yourself and the car Mike!  ;)   I'm really bumbed to see you out of the race, my husband and I haven't had this much excitement watching a reality show before! You and Jim are high class, you represented us mopar fans in more ways than one.  Great job guys!  Good luck for this weekend--

Liz

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

revshag

Hey Mike and Jim,
You guys did a great job.  I was disappointed for you guys, but you handled it so well.  It would have been great if Team Olds would have let you run again, but I don't fault them for not letting you go.  Team F-150 went up a bit in my book for making the offer in the first place.

I have really enjoyed watching the show.  I look forward to the finale next week.

Mike, I love Mr. Angry.   What a great looking car.  Good luck in the real Bullrun.

mikepmcs

Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hanging on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

I felt the same way last night as I did when Seinfeld ended and every time the Yankees lose a series. :icon_smile_sad:

Thanks for the entertainment, you guys did a great job and made some great friends.  You just can't put a price tag on some life experiences.  Go big or go home comes to mind and you guys are larger than life. :2thumbs: :cheers:

I probably won't watch the rest of the series cause it doesn't interest me.  I don't dislike anyone, I just don't really like the cars that are in it.   

I would really like to see how much the ratings drop from this tuesday to next.  I bet they go way down cause Mr Angry is not on anymore. :yesnod:

Did I see you write Jason and Morgan in the T/A together as in the Firefighter Ford driver Jason.  oooohhhhhhh! Jason and Morgan sitting in a tree......

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

73chgrSE

BrianShaughnessy

Hey Mike and Jim...

I can't express how disappointed I was at what happened.  Oh well, that's the breaks.   If I knew that's how the deal was gonna play out I'd have been drop kicking that carb to the curb after tuning it with a 12 lb Furd tool.   I can't believe the 2 teams I disliked the most are in the top 3  ::)   Now it's 'Go Team Trans Am!'   

Good luck in the deal this week.  I thought you might be blasting down 87 past me but if you're going to Boston I kinda doubt that.

Hope to see you at XV in June.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger74

Mike and Jim, you guys brought a lot of pride to us  Mopar people, especially on this site.  You handled that car and everyone else awesomely.  You both are true class acts, just like your car.

I hope you do better this weekend in the real Bullrun.   Good luck and hang tough.

pettyfan43

Mike, I don't know why you would not want to face the board, we are all behind you.
Hey You, Jim and Mr Angry showed what the Mopar guys are made of. We know the MAIN reason the slowmobile didn't want you to run again, because Mr Angry was 3 and 0 in challenges. You had ALREADY showed that the Charger was way over the gutless' head.

MAN I hope they put the series out on DVD with a BUNCH of "extras" That would be just too cool!

Good Luck this weekend, and Mrs Pettyfan and I think you are gonna win, you can't go wrong, you have a Bama boy in the car with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that Holley carb is FIRMLY entrenched in the biggest deepest dumpster you can find!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris G.

It was a great run, and it's sad to see it end. I'm sure either way you guys had a blast and did something 99.9% of us will never be able to experience.  :cheers:

I kind of like the Olds guys. They are characters, and that's what gets a lot of people to watch. The truck guys have become ghosts the last few episodes. They are staying under the radar.

bakerhillpins

Stealing someone else's phrase from earlier in the conversation....

NUTS!!!

UGH, its going to take me a while to let this go. :nutkick:

I sincerely hope you had fun. It certainly looks like you did. Here is hoping I can locate one of the checkpoints on the trip from Montreal to the keys!

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

01MOPAR

Mike  You have a bad ass charger! I still wish you could  have reached over and knocked the olds dude out  at the end ! Will spike be doing another bull run?

resq302

Mike and Jim,

It still hurts knowing the charger is not in it.  Oh well, looks like I have more time to get some sleep now on Tues nights. 

One question, how did you get into the REAL Bull run?  Did you have to pony up the cash for it?

I'd love to meet you and Jim sometime.  Hell, we're not that far from each other.  Im in Morris County, NJ right off of I-287 and 5 mins from I-80.  We'll have to get together and have some beers and BS about the cars.

Anyway, good luck on the REAL Bull Run.  Not that you need it since you have such a KICK ASS Car.  Hopefully you swapped out that carb!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Brock Samson

Like I said early on, after i watched the very first show You Michael, your Charger Mr. Angry and your co-pilot Jim made up a team that is the class of the field".
Hats (Helmets?) off to everyone on the crew for providing an outstanding contest for us motor heads,whatever the favorite make we may have.

Your winners in my book, allways have been and allways will be...

THANK YOU Team Charger!!!  :patriot:

:yesnod:
Quote from: NYCMille on May 09, 2007, 12:02:48 AM
First off, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

This forum has been one of the greatest parts of this whole experience. Since, I first joined up in 2003, before I even had a Charger up until right now, I have don't think I have ever missed more than 3 or 4 consecutive days without seeing what everyone has to say. You've all answered all my questions, given me advice on the Charger and even offered personal help. This whole list has been a wonderful and I am just proud that I was able to have an experience to share with everyone here and give a little bit of something "Charger" back.

Man, I was wondering what this was going to be like, facing the list I mean... and honestly it sucks, even though I've known the outcome for 6 months it still just sucks. The problem with TV is editing, you just never know what or how it's going to come out and as I always say "it is what it is".

I do want to share one thing on that last episode that they didn't show and honestly I have NO idea why because I think it would've made great TV... when everyone came back down after the Charger stalled out and the Brothers said no to our request, I asked the producers if I could run the Challenge again, they said no. I told them I didn't want to do it for time credit but I just wanted to do it to prove that I had a better car than Olds. and that I was better driver.

In the end and after Bill Goldberg (thank you Bill) asked them and they let Me and Jim re-run the challenge it for no time credit. We turned the idle up like 2.5k as we couldn't adjust the carb. as the front float was simply stuck and we ran it... to make a long story short we beat the Olds. time by a full 2.3 seconds in the course. It was filmed but never aired - the Olds. brothers know this and if anyone ever sees them feel to ask them about it because they cannot deny it. So in the end did we loose, yep, unfortunately we did, but can my 40 year old Charger with leaf springs and torsion bars out handle that Olds. ABSOLUTELY! and I'd do it on any day, at a moments notice, on any racetrack on this green Earth.

The other thing you should know is that Jason and Jake in the pick-up are two stand-up guys. Before I was even out of the car Jason came up to me and said "RUN IT AGAIN!, I am not winning like this..." - he was not joking, Mike and Morgan Alsop did the same. I hold both the Alsops, Jason and Jake in the highest regard as they both have true integrity as individuals and are both very good friends.

So... you guys might ask whats next for MR ANGRY.. well, as most of you know I was given the opportunity to run in the real Bullrun Rally beginning this coming Saturday. I will be running with Rich from Team Mustang as well as my good friend Peter Bergman in the Charger. Jason and Morgan will be piloting Morgan's TA and Brian and Danny in the Lotus will running with us as well. Out of 85 cars the Charger will be the oldest car on the rally by 30+ years. It will be running against the latest and greatest supercars from around the world and will be doing so still running a 440 big block with a carb. (now fully sorted!) on top, still running leaf springs and still running torsion suspension up front and ya' what, it will do just fine.

I just went out to my garage and sat in the Charger to make my youtube blog video that I do at the end of every show and honestly, I really do love that car. It's big, brash in your face while at the same time it's the sexiest thing to ever roll off an assembly line. I feel priviledged to own it and it still gives me a thrill everytime the garage door goes up. I honestly hope that if anyone has one that they are restoring, or maybe have just left it sitting due to frustration I would ask that you should PLEASE keep these cars on the road, they are true pieces of American History and put smiles on the faces of EVERYONE who sees them.

Ladies and gentleman, tonight was a bittersweet evening for me and I have mixed emotion about what I saw on TV, but like I said earlier: It is, what it is.

Nite guys / gals and thank you all again.

Mike

Bluestar

Mike,

So sorry to see you out of the game.  Seems the H/O team inadvertantly played the poison arrow better than the Lotus guys.

A couple questions.

1)  How long did it take between Alsop getting the time bonus and him letting you know that there were none left?  It seems to me that if he was really interested in helping you guys out, rather than just saying in car that he hoped you guys weren't going for the time bonus, he could have got on the radio and let you know rather than waiting to see you pass him going the other way.  I can appreciate that he is playing the game perfectly (ie. Richard Hatch mode).

2)  From your You Tube broadcast, am I understanding the Jason (F-150) and the guy from Team Mustang will be co-drivers in your car for the real Bull Run?  It would be cool to try and include them in the You Tube broadcasts that you said you would be trying to do if they are indeed riding with you.

3)  It seemed from the show that you and the Hurst Olds Bros. had some bad blood between you particularly later in the competition.  Did you guys ever make peace with each other after the rally was over?

Thanks again for making Tuesday nights enjoyable for 10 weeks, and it would be quite funny if the brothers manage to back their way into winning, much in the same fashion that they seemed to make the cut every week.

71ChallengeHer

Mike and Big Jim , I want to say thank for taking the time here to answer all our questions. We are sad you are not in the finals. But you did us proud. You both showed integrity and sportsmanship. Your driving and navigator skills were better then and one elses on that show. Plus you have the best car. I don't know what Shelby and I are gonna watch Tuesday nights, now. We both have enjoyed the show.  I know you didn't win, but what an experience to share with your best friend. The memories, the places you went to and the new friends you made. . Good luck in the Bullrun. GO TEAM CHARGER. :punkrocka:

ds440

Mike/Jim,
    I just wanted to add my name to the already lengthy list of those who wish to compliment you on a fantastic run.  If you told me that a 40 year old Dodge would have been able to accomplish what you have...I wouldn't have believed it in a million years.

You should be proud of what you have accomplished - because we are.

And more importantly, thanks for taking the time to fill us in on what the experience was like.  You made us all feel like part of a larger "Team Charger."

Congratulations and good luck on the real deal.  Be safe. ;)
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

TUFCAT

I always believe good things happen to good people ;) , even though Mike and Jim are out of Bullrun after 9 episodes :icon_smile_angry: , I wouldn't be surprised to see them get some kind of endorsement deal or an extra bit of cash from a sponsor or even a chance at next years Spike TV "Bullrun" for their good sportsmanship, and professionalism :icon_smile_cool:. You guys were made for TV!  :icon_smile_wink:

Secondly, it sounds stupid, but we have to thank Mike's wife for being so cool and agreeable so Mike could get away for a long road trip, and spend their family budget to purchase/work on/upgrade/maintain Mr. Angry.  Many wives aren't exactly supportive of our hobbies, so I give wives the credit they deserve :2thumbs: ...also for the times Mike has spent doing his great YouTube vids, and answering all of our questions -- rather than 'cuddling on the couch - - you have a good wifey there bro.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Finally, I can't help but wonder what type of interaction Jason and Brian (team Lotus) will have along the way  :boxing_smiley: .  You said before they're still not friends, in fact, I think you used the phrase "they still hate eachother". Has that been patched up between them? ... and can we get some updates on that as your next Bullrun expereince unfolds?  :flame:

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask - - did you have a paintless ding remover get rid of the ding that Paris put in your car?   :mrt: - - and did you send him the bill for it? - - ha ha.

volk68

Mike,

I gotta say, it was tough watching you get elliminated last night...especially due to a carb issue.  Jim said it best at the end, the brother's stupidity actually saved their butts in this one.  I am stunned they are still in it, but take comfort in feeling pretty certain that they will not win it all.  That team has just annoyed me for the entire show.  I don't hold the not allowing another run for you in the challenge against them, but it was obvious that they were thrilled with the revenge of it and were taking a big sigh of relief that you couldn't re-compete.  It's pretty obvious that your driving skills and the Mr. Angry's performance where intimidating to everyone else.  You came off as all class while the brother's really did come off as complete losers.  Everyone in the rally wanted them out  :rofl:

You and Jim represented the Mopar nation excellently and were the class of the rally.  You drove that Charger mercilously, and the attention to detail you have put into the car really shows.  It is a great ride with a great owner.  I really enjoyed the show and there is an aweful lot to be proud of with your performance.  I think everyone would agree with me when I say that I honestly believe that had you not had carb trouble, you would have won that challenge, made it to the top 3 and had an EXCELLENT shot at the money.  That's something I don't believe anyone can say about the Olds brothers.

Good show.

Mass_Mopar

That's awesome that you made an untimed run up the parking garage  :D

You guys made us proud, I doubt I'll watch another episode. :punkrocka:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

HITMAN 149

DAMN!!!!! :flame:!!!!!!!!!! couldn't watch the show last night due to work!!! i usually catch it the next day on the puter (no commercials!!! LOL) when i get home...but it WASN'T uploaded or downloaded yet!!!! bastards!!!! BUT i couldn't stand it anymore!!! and i peaked at the post!!!!
AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well it was a great run for NYC MIKE, "BIG" Jim, and MR ANGRY!!!!! and also all of us (1 big happy DC.com family)!!!! what a bunch of unsportsmanship, INTEGRITYLESSSSSSSSS, cyring $cumbags...man let me tell you...they certainley DO NOT represent what us NJ/NY metropolitan's are about!!!! they as BIG JIM put it.... are what gives us good guys....a BAD name!!!! 
ehhhhh i hope they never have to take that scrap heap of a car thru HOBOKEN when i'm workin!!!!! :patrol: especiallly like a jackasssssss with NO paperwork!!! DUHHHHH your in a 4000 mile cross country road rally!!!!!! geeeee let me seeeeee......do i need my paperwork for my clunker, that's registered to my dad....like i'm a 17 year old with my first car??? nahhhhhhhhhh..that would make sence!!! GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JACKASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just remember......what comes around..... :yesnod:......goes around!!!!!!!
also wanted to add that i just spoke to mike a lil bit ago...he was busy...but just like he said.... he called me back in 5 minutes, and we BS'd for a bit.  wished him safety & LUCK in the ralley, as WE allllll know he'll do just fine!!!!!
yea...i can't help but wonder also (like was mentioned already.....) could team T/A have given our guys the time bonus???? as they certainley didn't need it?!?!? maybe there was some rules against it?!?!?!? WHICH would have certainly knocked out tweedle dee & tweedle DUM!!!!!!!!!!
i also have been bitting my tongue (as everybody has different taste's) BUT WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FRIGGGGGIN MIND WOULD PUT THAT (SO CALLED) AMOUNT OF MONEY INTO THAT CAR?!?!?!?!??  THERE ARE ALOT NICER OLD'S  THAT I WOULD OF PICKED, OVER THAT YEAR & MODEL!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa at the end...they consider themselves legit contenders?!?!?!?!? yea ok!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO POUND SALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok my rant :RantExplode: is done for now i guess!?!?!?!?
thanks again MIKE & JIM, for sharing and making the mopar world proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Steve P.

Calling WAKKO, calling WAKKO.. Come in WAKKO... You will soon see about 85 cars all numbered up coming through your area.. We need them ALL detained for a few hours. ALL EXCEPT a black 1968' Dodge Charger, license plate MR ANGRY. Said 1968' Dodge Charger is a NATIONAL HERO and should be given the keys to the city along with a very high speed escort to his final destination.   Copy?   :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

Mike, I didn't see it but I got the drift from everyone here. You did very well, we all saw it, you guys are true Charger men, aka gentile men.

The next time your Charger will be unstoppable, so heed this warning to all those people that thought, in the beggining, a 4000lb 39 year old Charger can't compete.

Because of you I will bring my Charger up to a higher standards, and maybe compete in road competition in the future.

BB1 in Austin TX for a week.
Delete my profile

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just watched the episode off my DVR....sorry to see you guys go :(  It was a great run.

Good luck in the real rally.  Keep us posted!  :cheers:

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mean 318