News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

Quote from: Steve P. on May 08, 2007, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 08, 2007, 10:18:36 PM
Steve, holding it all in like that will make you crazy. Go ahead and let it all out and tell us what you REALLY THINK   :D

This burns me on more levels than one...  Being from NY. and living in Florida I hear the crap about NYers are all a bunch of non-driving a-holes. We all have shit for brains and are the most arrogant people on the face of the Earth..   Well,, the MARIO rat twins have just proven all of that to be true except IT IS NOT ALL OF US!!

Steve, as big a jerks as the brothers were, think about how well Mike and Jim represented. Hell I respected them both and I ain't even from there.

69bananabeast

I've been a lurker in this thread since the beginning  of this great show.  This last episode was a real heart breaker to watch.  Oh yeah  Mario Bros.  that guy has no  Class/Sportsmanship at all . I agree with everyone else  that's no way to win . it's been a real inspiration seeing Mike & Jim  out there doing there thing  , representing Mopar and what we're capable of  all with great class.  I would like to thank you for  taking time out of your day an sharing your experience and answering our questions.  About the beginning of the show I even thought about selling my '69  that I had for 5 yrs now ( my first car at 16, that I have put over 24K into) .  As I have  witnessed everything you went through it's brought me back into the Mopar spirit.  As I said earlier that what you've done has been really inspiring I have set my sights on hopefully participating in a BullRun  in the near future.  Although I would not be able to use the Charger as it has already been in a BullRun  I've already started working on my rolling '32 ford Tudor that's been sitting since before I was born. I  only hope that when the time comes I will be able to achieve what the both of you have done. 

Once again Thanks for everything Mike & Jim

Hope I didn't ramble too much..
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

pettyfan43

Khyron

Quote from: Steve P. on May 08, 2007, 10:25:52 PM
I hear the crap about NYers are all a bunch of non-driving a-holes. We all have shit for brains and are the most arrogant people on the face of the Earth..   

I didn't realize I met that many people in Florida ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Steve P.

You are right. Mike and Jim get all the props... Jim even represented Florida when he didn't knock the teeth right out of GOO-DOO's head... 

Wow, I better take a blood pressure pill...   

Oh well.. What's done is done now..  On to the REAL (((((((((((((( BULL RUN ))))))))))))))))

Mike, if you have any kind of trouble when you get close to Tampa Bay, call me.... I'll IM you my phone number...

I'll bet it killed Bill Goldberg to have to announce it too... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

defiance

First team Goldberg ever complimented upon the loss.  That says a lot.  And you guys made one hell of an impression.  NOBODY in that show was as consistently and completely a 'stand-up guy' as you guys were.

The only thing I'd have liked to see was you guys handing the olds guys a can of brake fluid after the challenge.  Just so maybe there's SOME chance they realize what a crappy thing they did - and there's NO chance of anyone else watching this show missing that.

Still, either way, to go on a reality show and get all the way to the next-to-last stage without looking like a jerk, that's an amazing feat by itself.  Congratulations, and good luck with the real bullrun.

Rolling_Thunder

Good job guys - made it a hell of a long way....     havent seen the episode yet...     but mike...    ever think of EFI ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bmoparmofo

Damn nice run, I guess I have to root for the t/a, the f150 guys are narcs and the olds guys are well...... ::) Anyway thanks for giving me some thing to root for the last few weeks! I only saw that last couple minutes of tonight's show, I will have to wait until the weekend to see what happenend, but once again, nice run, and thanks again!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

miller

I'm sorry that you went home... but don't feel so bad about your carb... mine does the same thing, when ever i take off hard it just spits and sputters... we have been messing with a few things over the winter but so far no luck...

but great showing of the chargers man... i gotta say, you had people watching chargers even though they weren't jumping bridges and flipping over semis... you made us proud

PS if you ever decide to drive up into the heart of Michigan... (i have no idea why you would) stop by alpena... we will show you around (we have beautiful scenery around here)

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

MoparManJim

well Mr Angry left in style baby, that was a cool burn out for sure, but I wish they would have stay'd though. Right now I don't have to much good stuff to say about #11 car though, they should have left Team Charger do a rerun. Man Morgan is looking like a woman now instead of like what she look like when she first started the race. 

I'll still watch it for Morgan, I'll root for her now sence my other team just got booted (Charger). I know we was all b)tching about team F-150 before but now I'm back them up along with Morgan. F-150 was tonight even trying to help Mike and Jim with Mr.Angry (charger) and was wanting them to do a rerun of the race in the garage. But #11 guys had to put there egos on the line and look big for in front of the cameras. I was even yelling in front of my tv "Let them rerace the garage" as I was really into the show tonight. But after what #11 boys did well I kinda turn't on them now and started to relize that Team F-150 was trying to help out Mike and Jim and so was Morgans dad Mike (?) LOL.

I love the part where Morgans dad got on the walkie and told team #11 that he had the Time Bonus. And that they was only one when in fact he really didn't even have the Time Bonus yet LOL. I was hoping that when he did get the Time Bonus and was telling Morgan that he was going to try and get ahold of team Charger. Right there I was hoping he would some how give it to them to help them out on staying in the race. 

Jim

67_Dodge_Charger

Mike and Jim I don't know what to say.  The Charger team did a great job only to be shut down by the carb.  :rotz: It has been great rooting for you and the Charger.   :icon_smile_big:

Robert

Mean 318

That sucks ass! I feel like shit! Now as long as olds doest win I will be happy! Good Job!

69bronzeT5

Now as long as olds doest win I will be happy!                                               :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

AirborneSilva

Hey Mike and Jim, sorry to see you guys go  :'( the wife and I were pulling for you all the way.  You two were class acts and represented the charger community with - well class.  Good luck on this next one.

Tony

NYCMille

First off, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

This forum has been one of the greatest parts of this whole experience. Since, I first joined up in 2003, before I even had a Charger up until right now, I have don't think I have ever missed more than 3 or 4 consecutive days without seeing what everyone has to say. You've all answered all my questions, given me advice on the Charger and even offered personal help. This whole list has been a wonderful and I am just proud that I was able to have an experience to share with everyone here and give a little bit of something "Charger" back.

Man, I was wondering what this was going to be like, facing the list I mean... and honestly it sucks, even though I've known the outcome for 6 months it still just sucks. The problem with TV is editing, you just never know what or how it's going to come out and as I always say "it is what it is".

I do want to share one thing on that last episode that they didn't show and honestly I have NO idea why because I think it would've made great TV... when everyone came back down after the Charger stalled out and the Brothers said no to our request, I asked the producers if I could run the Challenge again, they said no. I told them I didn't want to do it for time credit but I just wanted to do it to prove that I had a better car than Olds. and that I was better driver.

In the end and after Bill Goldberg (thank you Bill) asked them and they let Me and Jim re-run the challenge it for no time credit. We turned the idle up like 2.5k as we couldn't adjust the carb. as the front float was simply stuck and we ran it... to make a long story short we beat the Olds. time by a full 2.3 seconds in the course. It was filmed but never aired - the Olds. brothers know this and if anyone ever sees them feel to ask them about it because they cannot deny it. So in the end did we loose, yep, unfortunately we did, but can my 40 year old Charger with leaf springs and torsion bars out handle that Olds. ABSOLUTELY! and I'd do it on any day, at a moments notice, on any racetrack on this green Earth.

The other thing you should know is that Jason and Jake in the pick-up are two stand-up guys. Before I was even out of the car Jason came up to me and said "RUN IT AGAIN!, I am not winning like this..." - he was not joking, Mike and Morgan Alsop did the same. I hold both the Alsops, Jason and Jake in the highest regard as they both have true integrity as individuals and are both very good friends.

So... you guys might ask whats next for MR ANGRY.. well, as most of you know I was given the opportunity to run in the real Bullrun Rally beginning this coming Saturday. I will be running with Rich from Team Mustang as well as my good friend Peter Bergman in the Charger. Jason and Morgan will be piloting Morgan's TA and Brian and Danny in the Lotus will running with us as well. Out of 85 cars the Charger will be the oldest car on the rally by 30+ years. It will be running against the latest and greatest supercars from around the world and will be doing so still running a 440 big block with a carb. (now fully sorted!) on top, still running leaf springs and still running torsion suspension up front and ya' what, it will do just fine.

I just went out to my garage and sat in the Charger to make my youtube blog video that I do at the end of every show and honestly, I really do love that car. It's big, brash in your face while at the same time it's the sexiest thing to ever roll off an assembly line. I feel priviledged to own it and it still gives me a thrill everytime the garage door goes up. I honestly hope that if anyone has one that they are restoring, or maybe have just left it sitting due to frustration I would ask that you should PLEASE keep these cars on the road, they are true pieces of American History and put smiles on the faces of EVERYONE who sees them.

Ladies and gentleman, tonight was a bittersweet evening for me and I have mixed emotion about what I saw on TV, but like I said earlier: It is, what it is.

Nite guys / gals and thank you all again.

Mike

moparguy01

well so you didnt win. You still had the best looking car.  :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

well said mike. congrats on a good run, and good luck this weekend. you are truly a stand up guy(for a northerner). KIDDING! and you made us all proud on the show in the coolest way. can't give enough kudos. you are DA MAN in my book
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Rack

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 08, 2007, 10:10:48 PM
that really sucks!!!!! i was hoping team t/a was gonna give team charger the time bonus god knows they surely didnt need it they are the ones who basicly screwed team charger over with a capital F ...i hate to say it but i hoping for team f150 for the final!!

Couldn't agree more. I have no idea why Team TA went for the bonus. They didn't need it, and the least they could of done was let Team 01 know AHEAD OF TIME that they were getting the bonus. Just doing that would of made up that 3 minutes.

And I'm a Texan who owns a Ford F-150 (And proud of it!) so team 04 is who I'm cheering on now.

Not to mention I'm trying to get into the San Antonio Fire Department. Weird.

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 08, 2007, 10:15:09 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on May 08, 2007, 10:10:48 PM

...i hate to say it but i hoping for team f150 for the final!!

Are you forgetting - - those F-150 A-holes were given all that extra help to rebuild their truck after hitting the wall,  and the show saved their asses by stopping production until the truck it was fixed with new parts , GEEZ, how sooooon we forget.  Trans Am all the way. The Dad deserves it. He was on his game 100%  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

If F-150 wins, shame on Spike. They should have been out of the rally after hitting the wall and busting up the truck....if you can't compete - you're out! (like Mike with the Chargers carb).  Actually, I remember one of Mikes posts last week (or it was his YouTube vid) when he talked about the carburetor - - he said something to the effect that it would bite him in the ass again....well I guess it really did. 

Sorry couldn't disagree more. The Producers of the show GUARANTEED no damage would be caused by going through the blocks. Whether or not it was a smart move was irrelevant because they were guaranteed everythign would be ok. If it were the Charger in the EXACT same situation you'd agree with me 100%. ;)

Not that I'd ever want to see a charger go through a brick wall at 100+ MPH (although it would look cool... maybe do it with a chevy  :icon_smile_big: ).

And about the Brothers, I don't really fault them for not letting Mike and Jim run it again. It would of been great sportsmanship if they did, but they aren't necessarily bad sportsman for not letting them do it. It is a race, after all. When you see a wreck occur on NASCAR you don't see other drivers getting out of their cars in the middle of the race to make sure the guy who wrecked is ok. And the brothers were also racing at a disadvantage (no brakes). It would of been nice (and refreshing) to see them allow a re-run, but I don't hate/fault them for not allowing it.

To Mike and Jim, Hell Of A Job, Brothers. I've had my '68 charger for almost a year and hadn't done much of anything to it (mostly cuz I simply couldn't), but since I've been watching the show the most I've gone w/o working on it is ONE day. Mike, Jim, and Mr. Angry, you are all truly and inspiration to me and I plan on copying onto my Charger (Janet) what you have done to yours. Although now I plan on going the Fuel Injection route.  ;)

Excellent job, Fellas. I'm proud of all 3 of you. If you're ever in South Texas, stop by Laredo (although I'd highly NOT recommend it - this town seriously blows, although we do have like 3 GL's here) and I'll do my best to buy you all the beer in Texas, despite the fact that I rarely drink anymore. It would be my honor.

ck1

Mike! Dammit, couldn't have team trans-am givin up the time bonus to you guys just to get ride of team olds? or would you have even excepted it? dammit! I guess its only  fare considering their brake problem but it didn't seem to effect the challenge run......
CJK

Charger500

DAMIT, I just got finished watching the episode when you guys got eliminated.DAMIT Im a huge fan jumping crazily in front of my TV watching Bullrun. Mike and Peter Im a huge fan. Man i don't even know what to say...

70Charger500 

Ponch ®

Good job Mike and Jim. Lest anyone forget:

you outlasted a Lotus ("the best handling car in the world"), a $300,000 small dick mobile (the Lambo), an M3 (the Ultimate Driving Machine?), a Nissan, and so on and so forth.

You guys made us Charger people proud!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChargerRT440

Mike as a mopar guy you and jim have made me proud. So in the end you didnt win oh well. You showed the world what a 40 year old Dodge technology can do. I think the people who doubt our cars still after seeing yours are just plain dumb. Honestly the way I look at it is it's nt whether you win or lose its the amount of fun you had. I hope that you'll stick around t his site for a long time. I hope to one day meet Mr. Angry and his keeper.  ;D  Have fun on the real Bullrun Mike good luck.

SHARP68

You guys were amazing and truly :musik010: it thanks for the fun and good luck on the real BULLRUN :cheers:

Ghoste

Good run Mike and you two probably made a lot of followers of the show who wouldn't ordinarily have turned it on.