News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

greatwn73

OK , how could I forget and miss the first episode. I was home, we get Spike and had the time. I fell asleep at 930 after working on the car all day and didn't think about it till this morning. Anyone know when a repeat might be playing??

PocketThunder

Quote from: greatwn73 on March 14, 2007, 09:44:55 AM
OK , how could I forget and miss the first episode. I was home, we get Spike and had the time. I fell asleep at 930 after working on the car all day and didn't think about it till this morning. Anyone know when a repeat might be playing??

See below.  you can view it on the website.  :yesnod:

Quote from: Charger71 on March 14, 2007, 09:22:24 AM
If you missed it Spiketv.com has the first episode on the "Bullrun" page.

They also feature Mike's car on several of their pages.  They like his car, too.

Maybe this show will make our cars worth more at Barrett-Jackson...   :punkrocka:

Yeah, I agree.  I like the part where the guy whines...  Officer, I have a few friends on the force in New York. I would appreciate a break. That was great.   

Charger71

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

greatwn73

volk68

Cool show and Mr. Angry looks awesome.  I'm anxious to see you get more screen time, Mike, but not if it means getting elliminated.  If I remember from the trailers, I think you are a part of the bus challenge next week???  Good move with the maps...I like the way you think  :icon_smile_big:

At first, I was kind of bummed to see the girls get elliminated right off the bat, but then the blonde started acting like a 5 year old, and I was glad they had to leave.  Looking forward to seeing the Lambo on a trailer next week  :icon_smile_wink:

I've got it season passed on my Tivo  :yesnod:

charger01

Man that was awesome.  I felt like I was rooting for an old friend.  I recognized your plates from this board immediately.  I gotta ask though.  Did they give the charger number 01 and the only chevy there number 3 on purpose.  Too cool to be coincidental.  Nice job.

TruckDriver

Quote from: charger01 on March 14, 2007, 10:22:49 AM
Man that was awesome.  I felt like I was rooting for an old friend.
:iagree: I been with a lot of you guys on this forum and the original one for so long, I feel like I really do know you even though we still never met :yesnod:

Quote from: Ghoste on March 14, 2007, 09:39:38 AM
Ya gotta like that last line.
:iagree: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

i kept looking for Dom!?.  :-\

I really enjoyed that so much more then i thought i would,..
Excellent premis for a series and i loved the graphics and as is usually the case these days, the edits were way too quick...
You guys came off as the class of the field and it wasn't just the car...
can't wait to see the rest of the episodes!
That Hurst Olds sure looked like a pig, see those headlight covers?! WTF!?  :P
  (My apologies to the guys over on the HurstOlds442cutlass board).   :pity:

Good job! Bravo..  :yesnod:

DC_1

I just watched it over at Spiketv.com. I think that is excellent that they are making it available so quick. It is also kind of nice that there are no comercials and you can freeze it at anytime. I paused it when they would should the standings map. They don't give you much time to look at it in real time.

Mike, what Brock said is true (at least so far) you guys are showing nothing but class. Makes me wanna paint my 68 RT Black. Who knows maybe with the success of this show Hlpag might start selling 68 Black Chargers with 01 on the doors. :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

Man... now that would be a trip eh... and that's all I need, HLPAG clones of MR ANGRY... UGH! :sick:

THE CHARGER PUNK

89MOPAR

I'm pretty sure I've seen that Lamborghini stickered up and entered in some other Gumball-Cannonball type rallies...
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

LL1 1967 Coronet

I was wondering that very same trhing - - about any damage?. Glad you answered that. Your car (for being black) looks way too perfect to get "racing stripes" from some "A-hole".  Good job with the driving dude, to avoid any damage. That Charger looks MEAN - - the way it sets up for TV makes it look like the coolest Charger ever!

THE CHARGER PUNK

NHCharger

Quote from: Hemidoug on March 14, 2007, 07:10:49 AM
Was there any reason why someone couldn't use GPS or add additional fuel capacity to their cars?

I was thinking the same thing. Many of the new cell phones have GPS.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

70charger_boy

Mike great job!!!!!!!  Mr angry was looking hot.  I hope there is a second season cause i wanna drive the 75 trans am in it.  We all hope you win

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

chargerboy69

Mike,

The wife and I finally got to watch it off the DVR. We loved it. We hope the Charger gets some more screen time, but I understand there is a lot of cars, in a short peiod of time.

The two girls were classless bitches. Glad to see them go.

We will be cheering for you. :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Brock Samson

yeah what about the GPS and extra fuel?..  times for some 'ol nascar tricks...  ;D

SRT-440

Yeah, I was wondering about the numbers also.."01" on a Charger is pretty obvious. Great job tho..you're doing us proud..and good job on buying up all the maps at the gas station!  :yesnod:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

NYCMille

Ok - hears the deal with the GPS and Maps and such. When we started the show they took away all our electronics... and I mean everything, cell phones, portable GPS units hell they even took our iPods... we had no music for like 4000 miles (so based on that odds are you will hear me singing at some point and I'm not very good so be gentle with the comments when the time comes). They wanted to keep the playing field as level as possible right from the get go which is why they took everything. Keep in mind also that there was not one car on the show with an in dash nav system... they didn't want anyone cheating.

I would assume that I got the "01" on the car because of the Dukes... and I'm totally ok with that as it helped us out more than once. As for the gas gauge... ooof, what a pain the ass. A week before we left the gauge went bad and I just didn't have time to replace it. We knew that we could go at minimum 100 miles on a tank, but I really didn't know how much more than that. Thats one reason we teamed up with the Mexicans in the Chevy - they had a gas guage but no speedo, we had a speedo but no gas gauge so it worked out ok.

There were times that we were literally rolling on fumes and at one point I pushed the car to like 165 on one tank... which was a good thing because I then knew how far I could run (thank GOD for overdrive!).

As for the other cars heres' what I thought:

Scion TC: Nothing major at all - had an intake and shoulder harnesses... peppy but nothing to worry to about.

Honda Civic:Very highly modified and very quick - full suspension, engine and exhaust work - it handled great, was VERY light and was very deceiving - this little bugger moved.

Nissan 240SX:Highly modifed import - EXTREMELY fast, but to many electronics and modifications, suspension and breaks were done so the car really handled well - tires were too low profile though and without all wheel drive it couldn't get the power down.

Lamborghini: WOOF!! This car is no joke... 640+hp / 500+TQ, this car was FAST, handled good and had all wheel drive to boot.... totally EVIL car

Lotus Excige S: This thing was little mosquito with a supercharged Toyota MR2 engine that produced 220hp and was probably the best handling car on the show, its REALLY tiny but very quick and nimble. In the tight and twisty stuff this little thing was GONE and there was nothing I could do about it.

BMW M3: Intake only - BUT this was probably the car best suited for any rally - it handles great, it VERY quick, accellerate and stop beautifully. This is simply a great car all around.

75' Hurst Olds: Nice enough car, punched out 455 with a 5 speed and 150 shot, so the car was pretty quick and handled ok.
2002 Trans/Am: Lingenfelter heads, cam, intake, exhaust.... this car was also VERY fast, honestly probably second only to the Lamborghini, Mike could drive the balls off it too.
68' Dodge Charger: You already know about this one.
65 Mustang: Bone stock, drum brakes, stock suspension

57' Chevy 210: 305 out of a 78 Camaro Z/28. It actually ran really good but handled like a pig due to the front airbag suspension.
2004 Ford F-150:   Intake, throttle bodies and 150 shot - actually this thing moved pretty well, handle like a well... a pick-up truck.

Ghoste

I like the assessment.  It's too bad we couldn't get a similar one from those drivers about what they each thought of the Charger.  Or an overall one like you just gave.

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Old Moparz

I'm glad it'll be on again tonight, I missed it. I read a 4 part series of articles about a race from Boston, MA to CA in a car mag years ago. It was one of my favorite stories I had read, & it made me want to run in a race like this. I'll have to dig through some old car mags to find & scan it.

Congrats Mike, I need to see your car in person one of these days.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry