News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When your girlfriend/wife says she doesn't want you to bother for Valentine's

Started by Red Ram, February 12, 2007, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Ram

Should you take her at her word? Or is it a ploy to see what you'll do?
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

472 R/T SE

I call BS usually.  They tell you that and then end up buying you a small present to really put the trip on.  :icon_smile_wink:

Red Ram

Orange_Crush

When my wife and I started dating, she pulled that one me...I didn't want to have to deal with the games for the rest of my life so I took her at her word.  She got mad at me and I told her that if she wanted me to get her something, she should've told me.  That was the last time she did that.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

tan top

i think it is a ploy  just to  see if you  was going to do something because you G-f was expecting you to do some thing & not because you wanted to ,   :confused:  i know what i am trying to say but it does not look right when written down .
  or it   might be what  (Brock) said   :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

71ChallengeHer

From a girl's point of view, get them something no matter what she says. Come on guys it's Valentine's Day. And if you buy them an appliance it better have jewelry attached. Just a word of advice.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Red Ram on February 12, 2007, 08:56:41 PM

I did away with gift buying in my house years ago  :flame:

No birthday presents.
No Valentine's day gifts.
No Christmas presents.
No anniversary presents.
Zip.
Nothin'.
Nada.

I told the Ol' lady   "You want something, go buy it yourself 'Cause you're going to bitch at me if I try to get you something, anyway."

I want something, I go buy it, since she would get it wrong, anyway.

Lowprofile

Don't buy into that Bro. More than anything else, Your Lady loves Quality time, not expensive gifts. Spend a quiet evening together, make her dinner, etc...... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_wink:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Yeah, buy her something, those poor Hallmark executives might not be able to vacation this year in their 3rd home on that ocean front property.  :D

My wife actually doesn't care about that kind of thing. She'd rather have me white out an old Christmas card & get someone to babysit our daughter so we can go see some live music on a Saturday night. 

:musik010:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Big Sugar

TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME !!....... do you have an AXE ?

Good... then chop down the oldest rosebush in the neighborhood, give it to her then watch her sweat as she tries to find the appropriate vase .
Your sure to get a Hummer !!
After all,... thats what it's really all about anyway !!!!   
Happy Valentines day you lucky duck !!

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

70charginglizard

Its a trap....don't fall for it.

I would put this on the same level as that loaded question...do I look fat in this dress.

Careful careful careful
70charginglizard

Red Ram

Quote from: Big Sugar on February 12, 2007, 11:43:18 PM

TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME !!....... do you have an AXE ?

Good... then chop down the oldest rosebush in the neighborhood, give it to her then watch her sweat as she tries to find the appropriate vase .
Your sure to get a Hummer !!
After all,... thats what it's really all about anyway !!!!   
Happy Valentines day you lucky duck !!

Ron

Now that's some good advice. Thanks for the advice everyone! I'd cook for her but that would be no gift to her...unless she really wants soup and sandwiches for dinner. I'm going to make dinner plans and a few flowers and perhaps "desert"!

bull

Arthu®

Just give her a present (no teddybear with hearts (no offence) but something personal, most of the time cheaper but also more effective) if she is anything like a regular girl/woman she will want to celebrate, for some reasons women love to celebrate anything and ofcourse with presents. I myself could do without...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

2Gunz

Like most people said, its a trap.

Its the ole I dont want to seem like I need it or want it thing. Shes trying to be easy going

and not a little money grubber.

The reality is they want a present, they LOVE to show and tell their friends about it.

Woman love standing at the water cooler and telling her buddys, "my man got me.... "

This is happend to me before. I was told she didnt want something. So I didnt get it for her.

Guess what..... she was really disappointed. And when I asked her about it she said

that I should have figured out she really did want something.  WTF

The 100 or 200 bucks isnt worth the torment later on. Just cough up the money lol.

Nacho-RT74

I just do what I want to do, no matter about what it says the rest of ppl, close or not
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

my73charger

Don't fall for it!!  Bad trap!  Danger ahead!  Go back!  Proceed at your own risk!  don't bother means you better buy her something!!

MichaelRW

Get her something, but pretend you didn't. But when the SHTF, pull the gift out and tell her "I thought you didn't want anything".
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger_Fan

Sounds like you need a refresher on --->GIRL RULES :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Red Ram

Now I'm in the dog house because I didn't come up with a plan before she had to ask! With all the response to this subject, I get the feeling I'm not alone! The "Woman Rules" seems more like a coping tool than a tool to avoid danger!

dkn1997

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 12, 2007, 11:28:00 PM

I did away with gift buying in my house years ago  :flame:

No birthday presents.
No Valentine's day gifts.
No Christmas presents.
No anniversary presents.
Zip.
Nothin'.
Nada.

I told the Ol' lady   "You want something, go buy it yourself 'Cause you're going to bitch at me if I try to get you something, anyway."

I want something, I go buy it, since she would get it wrong, anyway.

next time my "ol' lady" lips me off, I am going to show her your post... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

and red ram, when your lady says "don't bother" for V day, you should tell her that you would love to slide down a 60 foot razor blade on your balls and land in a bucket of iodine.  This way, you can both be lying...Not saying that she's a liar by nature and in fact she may have even believed it when she said that to you.  but....when V day comes  I gotta go with at least a card with some mushy shit written in it.  Or you could teach her a lesson and go out and buy one of your buddies a car part he's been wanting.  then tell her since she did not want a gift, you used the money you saved to help out your friend....
RECHRGED