News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm new and need help with 68 Hemi Charger - More pics

Started by Stentboy, February 12, 2007, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

This makes 4 '68 Hemi Charger R/T's I know about in Texas... lol

1. black - Allen
2. turquoise - mine
3. dark blue - Ron
4. silver - Ron
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 13, 2007, 02:47:43 PM
Yep, everything's bigger in Texas...including the valve covers. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi68charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 13, 2007, 03:14:09 PM
Yep, everything's bigger in Texas...including the valve covers. :lol:

I like that......  :yesnod:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

xs29j8Bullitt

1. black - Allen
2. turquoise - mine
3. dark blue - Ron
4. silver - Ron

You forgot one... ;)  there are others... :yesnod:

5. Bronze - Tommy
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Stentboy

Here are a few "before" pics. I will post more pics as I work on it.

Shakey

Ummm, those look like the "after" pics to me!   :D

Nice car!   :yesnod:

Stentboy

Stentboy

73-charger-383

wow...i think i just had a tiny orgasm.......nice car :icon_smile_cool:

DodgeChargerNeeded

Are you sure those aren't after pictures. That car looks perfect. Redline Bias plys and all.
Jeff

Stentboy

Here is some of the stuff I ordered for her that was delivered today. I have my work cut out for me.

motorhead

Thats a bitchin ride to stumble into! Doesn't look like it needs much to me.I've got a 68 R/T pwr window,steering, brakes, stripe delete, ....but not that nice yet.

Blakcharger440

Hey, I saw that same exact car...or one with the same exact options on ebay a couple of weeks ago?
Is that where you purchased it from?  That is a very nice Charger in a awesome color.

Stentboy

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on February 13, 2007, 08:08:21 PM
Are you sure those aren't after pictures. That car looks perfect. Redline Bias plys and all.
Thanks, it is much better than it was only 5 days ago. Just yesterday my dent guy took about 50 dents out of her. I'm going to replace the carpet, interior and exterior door handles, armrest bases, hoses,plug wires, complete exhaust system, shocks, gas tank, door sill plates, headrest trim, restore seat belts, battery, battery tray and hold down kit, battery cables,trunk mat, belts , misc engine brackets, clamps , gas cap, a major undercarriageclean up and numerous other items. Additionally, it is going to require some paint touch up and wet sanding.

tan top

Quote from: Stentboy on February 13, 2007, 07:49:30 PM
Here are a few "before" pics. I will post more pics as I work on it.

wow  :drool5:..  awesome ...  , doesn't  look like it needs much work , real nice charger you have there dude :yesnod: 

thanks for the pictures  :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: Stentboy on February 13, 2007, 09:01:26 PM
..., gas cap, ...

Where did you get it? How does it look? I'm going to order one for mine soon since paint is around the corner....
Troy

Stentboy

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 14, 2007, 09:13:31 AM
Quote from: Stentboy on February 13, 2007, 09:01:26 PM
..., gas cap, ...

Where did you get it? How does it look? I'm going to order one for mine soon since paint is around the corner....
I got the cap from RT specialties, but the chrome was sub - par so I sent it back. Herb's also sell them, but I don't think the repops are accurate enough so I will make do with the original one.

Charger_Fan

Beautiful car, thanks for sharing those pics. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blue Pentastar

I got the cap from RT specialties, but the chrome was sub - par so I sent it back. Herb's also sell them, but I don't think the repops are accurate enough so I will make do with the original one.

Well if it becomes too much trouble for you to find the right stuff I'm sure you could just let me have it and I will get throught the problems eventually.

Now for a realllity check you have bought yourself a very nice car and I am just jealous. Welcome and congrats.

Mike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Stentboy

For those that asked for more pictures , here are couple of the floors after removing the carpet - appears very nice only mild service rust.

Stentboy

hemi68charger

Quote from: Stentboy on February 14, 2007, 09:44:34 PM
For those that asked for more pictures , here are couple of the floors after removing the carpet - appears very nice only mild service rust.

Holy Smokes !!!!!!!!   That's clean...  :thumbs:
Troy

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Blakcharger440

Yep that is the same one that was on ebay. Nice car!

Dennis K

Beautiful car you have there. As long as you have your carpet out, could you take a pic of what the lower shifter boot on a 68-69 Hurst shifted console car looks like? Some of us have never seen one, and I need one for mine. Thanks. Anyone know where I can get one of those lower boots?