News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 HEADS - HELP

Started by phade, February 07, 2007, 11:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phade

I need your HELP! I have a 73 440 RB, probably out of a motor home or truck. I am planning on replacing the heads. My CURRENT heads casting number reads "3769907". I looked it up on an online chart and the closest I found was 3769902. Will my current rockers on this head fit any 440 heads? If not, what heads will they fit on? Thanks guyz

firefighter3931

All BB rocker arms/shafts are interchangable. Look around for a set of 452 castings....those will have the hardened exhaust valve seats for use with unleaded fuel. Welcome to the site, btw.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

phade

right on, thanks. Which are the better performance-906,516 or 346? these are what i am finding available right now.

Chryco Psycho

all big block castings flow preety close , personally I like the 516 with larger vales as it has the true closed chamber & will make quench , after that any casting is pretty much equal , 906s have slightly better intake port & 452s have hardened exhuast seats which works only if you stay with stock valve size which I never do on the exhaust side the benefit is lost

Challenger340

I vote 452 castings, just my 2 cents.

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !