News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Famous Celebrity MoPar enthusiasts???

Started by 69chargerboy, February 07, 2007, 06:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

QuoteCharlie Carner who wrote the screenplay for the Vanishing Point Remake has an Orange 383-4 speed 70 Challenger R/T S/E AND the nice black Charger that was referred to as "the Beast" in the movie.

whatever happend to ''The Beast''??? i heard it was being restored and was an actual 3x 68 r/t :yesnod:

THE CHARGER PUNK

u can kinda make the 72 out here.....''KINDA'' :yesnod:

Ghoste

Chris, I wouldn't put Gordie Johnson down as a come lately, he's been into Mopars for a long time and went to the trouble to get a Charger in most of Big Sugar's videos as well as have album titles like Hemi-Vision and feature pics of his cars on album covers.
David Spade has been into Mopars for a long time too which is why he wanted them in his Joe Dirt movie.  Last I heard, he had a Six Barrrel Road Runner.
Bob Seger was always a Chevy guy but he did buy a Dodge pickup truck street rod about two years ago.

Shakey

Quote from: Chris G. on February 07, 2007, 08:16:13 PM
Enthusiasts is a good way of describing the people listed in this thread. Now if you said die hard or true fan of the car, only one would qualify in my book, and that would be John Schneider. The rest are Johnny come lately's, who are riding the wave.  :Twocents:

I wonder how one would prove whether or not a person is a die hard or true fan of Mopars rather than simply an enthusiast?

Is there some sort of quiz?     :shruggy:

41husk

Quote from: Shakey on February 08, 2007, 07:58:47 AM
Enthusiasts is a good way of describing the people listed in this thread. Now if you said die hard or true fan of the car, only one would qualify in my book, and that would be John Schneider. The rest are Johnny come lately's, who are riding the wave.  :Twocents:

I wonder how one would prove whether or not a person is a die hard or true fan of Mopars rather than simply an enthusiast?

Is there some sort of quiz?     :shruggy:
Kevin Green is from Granite City IL, and owned a Charger in high school, and has had several since including a featured 71 Hemi RT.  I would not consider him riding on any trendy coat tail.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

LL1 1967 Coronet

Ami James of "Miami Ink" has a 72 or 73 'Cuda.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 07, 2007, 08:18:31 PM
  I cleaned the piece up and painted it Dukes Orange and put  a flip top gas cap and trim ring on it.  Whole thing is about 4 feet long.  I got all the actors, the two stunt drivers on the TV show, and Jerry Rushing (the original Duke) to sign it.  I plan on putting it in a shadow box and hanging it in my garage/shop. 

Chatt69chgr,
Make sure you put the right glass in your shadow box to keep the signatures from fading.  I had 3 signed pictures(Jim Carrey, Val Kilmer, Jerry Seinfeld) that I had in my room upstairs out of direct light and all the sigs are gone now because I put them in cheap walmart frames.

Just something to think about.

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Bones68charger

Richard Hammond, most of use might not know who he is but he is a celebrity in the UK. He is on the TV show Top Gear, which some of my friends got me into. He owns a 68 Charger R/T. He called them the greatest American car ever made.

Here is a like to Top Gear's segment on the Charger.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Pvc0vxwuk

Skyview69

Red Kilby -member here and Jay Leno has several mopars in his collection

70 Charger RT

QuoteChris, I wouldn't put Gordie Johnson down as a come lately, he's been into Mopars for a long time and went to the trouble to get a Charger in most of Big Sugar's videos as well as have album titles like Hemi-Vision and feature pics of his cars on album covers.
Like this :icon_smile_approve:
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2007, 05:06:28 AM
Chris, I wouldn't put Gordie Johnson down as a come lately, he's been into Mopars for a long time and went to the trouble to get a Charger in most of Big Sugar's videos as well as have album titles like Hemi-Vision and feature pics of his cars on album covers.
David Spade has been into Mopars for a long time too which is why he wanted them in his Joe Dirt movie.  Last I heard, he had a Six Barrrel Road Runner.
Bob Seger was always a Chevy guy but he did buy a Dodge pickup truck street rod about two years ago.

Ok, I'll give you David Spade, but Gordie Johnson??? Famous Celebrity??? You may as well add me to the list then.  ;)

greenpigs

Forget his name but the base player for Type O Negative has a 70 Super Bee.

Richard Carpenter has a 70 Cuda 440 6 pack he bought new.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

pettyfan43

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on February 07, 2007, 11:39:16 PM

QuoteCharlie Carner who wrote the screenplay for the Vanishing Point Remake has an Orange 383-4 speed 70 Challenger R/T S/E AND the nice black Charger that was referred to as "the Beast" in the movie.

whatever happend to ''The Beast''??? i heard it was being restored and was an actual 3x 68 r/t :yesnod:

Car isn't actually an R/T, Not sure it is ORIGINALLY black , but the car is GORGEOUS up close. THe black is FLAWLESS and when I saw it, it had a nice stout 440 in it!

From what I heard, the car got a really nice makeover after the movie was done. It was for sale SEVERAL years ago (97 or 98) but at the time 20k was SERIOUS money for a NON R/T charger. But it is a NICE car.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Bones68charger on February 08, 2007, 08:29:50 AM
Richard Hammond, most of use might not know who he is but he is a celebrity in the UK. He is on the TV show Top Gear, which some of my friends got me into. He owns a 68 Charger R/T. He called them the greatest American car ever made.

Here is a like to Top Gear's segment on the Charger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Pvc0vxwuk

He actually ''owned'' a 69 charger that was done up as an r/t it was lime green with a 6-pack soop and vector rims, but he sold it :yesnod:

bull

Richard Carpenter of 'The Carpenters' fame would qualify as more than an enthusiast then because I guess he's really into Mopars. As stated on Allpar he, "Collects Mopars - 300 letter-cars, Road Runners, Chargers, Imperials, and more."

Also, Waylon Jennings was given a '69 Charger GL after expressing his liking for the star of DOH. I don't know where that one went.

plum500

Quote from: Chris G. on February 08, 2007, 09:56:19 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2007, 05:06:28 AM

Ok, I'll give you David Spade, but Gordie Johnson??? Famous Celebrity??? You may as well add me to the list then.  ;)

If you're Canadian, Gordie Johnson is certainly a famous celebrity  ;D

chargerboy69

Kid Rock owns/owned a 69 painted like the General. He used to put it on stage with him.

Ben Affleck drives a SRT Ram 4 door. My wife reads those grocery store rags. And they have had pictures of him and Jennifer Garner in it  several times. It has showed Ben putting his new baby in the backseat in the carseat.

Guess not all of hollywood are treehuggers.  :thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 08, 2007, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 07, 2007, 06:50:25 PM
Kenny Wayne Shepherd...

:iagree:

And, is a board member, and has posted a few times.

Know sh!t. Thats is cool.

Do you happen to know his name on the board?

That is without a doubt the sweetest General I have ever seen.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 08, 2007, 01:46:20 PM
Do you happen to know his name on the board?
He got the idea for his member name from his valve covers... :D

(kidding)

I agree though, it's an awesome General, I love it! The tattered flag idea is too cool. :icon_smile_cool:
Here's a couple more...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Quote from: Chris G. on February 08, 2007, 09:56:19 AMOk, I'll give you David Spade, but Gordie Johnson??? Famous Celebrity??? You may as well add me to the list then.  ;)

Gee Chris, with his favorite car being his 70 Charger, I would have thought you'd cut the guy a little slack.  But I have no problem adding you to the list.  What are the half dozen albums you've recorded?

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2007, 05:05:27 PM
What are the half dozen albums you've recorded?

I'd rather not reveal my past life as a musician. I was big into Disco, and we'll leave it at that.  :P You can google all you want, but you'll never find me.

I never said Big Sugar was a bad band, but to put him in the same class as what we all consider "famous celebrity", I think not. He does have good taste in cars though. :yesnod:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chris G. on February 08, 2007, 05:09:58 PM
I'd rather not reveal my past life as a musician. I was big into Disco, and we'll leave it at that.  :P You can google all you want, but you'll never find me.

Really Chris? I must of missed that of you ??? Wasn't the Village People was it :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi-hampton

NASCAR Racer Rich Bickle tells me he has a Hemi Car. Forgot what it was. 69 Hemi Roadrunner I think? LEON.

71ChallengeHer

Big Daddy " Don Garlits" has a Hemi Challenger. I think Dodge gave it to him?