News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mufflers ?

Started by Arkgl01, February 06, 2007, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkgl01

I got some elctric cut outs to go right after my TTI headers and now am looking at Dynomax mufflers. I want a agressive tone and herd super tubo perfromance mufflers were the way to go. Is this true? Is there something most people are running?

Mark
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

emanscharger

Hi Mark,

I have a 3 inch tti system with the cut outs as well ..I have the dynomax turbos..they suck! I'm switching over to the flowmasters..the dynomax are to quiet. I have an 800 horse hemi too..the exaust opened through the dumps is wicked though!

Rolling_Thunder

eh...    the dynomax mufflers sound alot better than the flowmasters...     having owned and driven both on the same car i can make that judgement...     the dynomax are not as loud but anyone who NEEDS a car that loud is an attention whore   :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

defiance

speak softly and carry a big stick... :D

roadrunnertanner

anybody who buy flowmasters are retarded. because everbody has a flowmaster. dont be a pussy and be different

G Force

I have a set of Dynamax Turbo Mufflers For sale if anyone is interested???
I had installed them on my car and they sounded good but was a little too loud for me.
The are 3" and have approx. 100 miles on them   Like New. They were welded on.

I also have a set of Warlock mufflers for sale which are even louder than the Dynomax Turbo's.
The Warlock mufflers have the removable plugs built right into the muffler.
The Warlocks are also 3".

I know have stock Hemi mufflers on the car and QTP electric cutouts.

firefighter3931

Mark go with a set of dynomax Ultraflows.....these are a true flo-thru design and will not choke your engine like that flowbastrd JUNK ! There's nothing performance about flowmaster.....just a lot of annoying noise and drone. If you want to give yourself a headache and slow your car down buy some flowmasters.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deputycrawford

My vote is with Firefighter. I also ran Dynomax Ultraflows on a car. I loved em. I bought my 69 with Flowbastards and hate them. I also heard that Flowbastards flow approx 385 CFM at 2 1/2" versus the Ultras at 1100CFM at 2 1/2". Thats a big difference. I will always run an "X" pipe and Ultras.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Bandit4142

I've got Magnaflows and think they sound pretty good.   Never been a fan of Flowmasters.....   Anyone else have any Magnaflow Mufflers?   I heard (after I bought them) that they will get considerably louder as they age....   That doesn't appeal to me all that much, but I'm curious what the future has in store for me.   Any comments would be appreciated.   ;D
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

RDR-838

I've got Magna Flows on my '98 Cobra. They sound great. Nice low rumble at idle. Louder, deep, deep rumble on acceleration. Then they level out. I couldn't be happier with them.

Ghoste

Another Dynomax user here.  A few of my firends run the Flowmasters and anything more than ten minutes on the highway in their cars and you better be bringing the Goody's headache powder.  On the plus side, I can hear them coming from about three blocks away and it gives me time to close the hood and shut out the lights if I'm working on secret cheater mods.  :icon_smile_big:

deathcharger71

nobody on here uses spintech? the local speed shop only had flowmaster and spintech so i got spintech, fairly loud out back with none of that flowmaster interior resonense or whatever that non sense is. i had a flowmaster on my jeep and it droaned big time inside the car, really annoying.

BMOTOXSTAR

I have Flowmasters on my 73' BB Rally. They sound nice! :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

mikesbbody

i have flowmasters on my charger too im surprised so many out there dont like them i thought they were pretty good! didnt know they were restrictive they can get abit much sometimes with all the noise espicially with turn downs just after the mufflers btw anyone used flowmasters exhaust? (similar to tti's 2.5-3 inch mandrel bent) would like to know if its any better than the tti's

Charger1973

I had Magnaflows on my old car (96 Trans Am).  I LOVED those mufflers.  Not too loud but sounded mean as hell when you got on it.  I would put them on any car I own in a heartbeat.  This is old school I know, but heres what my current 73 has on it.  :P They were there when I bought the car and I kinda like the rumble.  Its extremely loud, but hey, its a muscle car! 

Bandit4142

I took my Charger out for the first time this weekend with the new Magnaflows...   I don't know if they "burned- in" or what.... but wow do they sound good now!   Really deep and growly now!   Luvin' it!    ;)   

Bonus for me....  Crusin' around 65-70 mph, they are almost dead silent inside the car...  This is a benefit for me to keep the wife happy when we take the Charger on longer "road-trips".    ;D
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

71ChallengeHer

I have the H exhaust on mine with Flowmasters. I think they sound good. I've never even hooked up the radio. I'd rather listen to the rumble. :drive:

mikesbbody

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 18, 2007, 11:24:43 PM
I had Magnaflows on my old car (96 Trans Am).  I LOVED those mufflers.  Not too loud but sounded mean as hell when you got on it.  I would put them on any car I own in a heartbeat.  This is old school I know, but heres what my current 73 has on it.  :P They were there when I bought the car and I kinda like the rumble.  Its extremely loud, but hey, its a muscle car! 

Cherry Bombs. :punkrocka:  I use to have Golden Rams on my Cuda. They were loud. :devil: