News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FORD aero car

Started by 65post, February 02, 2007, 10:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetfeetmi

If I am not mistaken, a Bradley GT is a fiberglass shell in a VW chassis. I really don't think it is an aero car in the broad sense of the word. Most of us agree an aero car is a Charger 500/Daytona, Suberbird, Talledaga, or Cyclone Spoiler.

Aero426

Quote from: daytonalo on February 07, 2007, 02:26:39 PM
A Bradley gt is an aero car as well ! They also are butt ugly !!!!!!!!!!

Keep digging...    ;)

jonw29

Daytonalo.Where is the love.That car is sweet.You cannot under any circumstances bring the Bradley GT name onto an AERO car forum without some sort of penalty.How much fun would it have been in 69 to see 40 Daytonas racing.You have to have competition.

69_500

Wow, boy the crap is getting deep in this one isn't it.

Well no comparision in my opinion on the aero cars. Hands down the Daytona is the cream of the crop. Then the 500 then the Superbird. But I would take a Cyclone Spoiler II over a Talladega. That is just me though.  Who knows maybe one of these days I'll be like some people I know and have 1 of all the aero cars.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on February 07, 2007, 08:22:49 PM
Wow, boy the crap is getting deep in this one isn't it.

I could be a real comedian and point out five things that Bradley GTs and most fiberglass Daytonas have in common,  but I won't.  Just kiddin there folks, I'll be in a better mood later. Been a long day. 

I don't get it.   This is a guy with a two seat Nash, 70's Ford trucks and a Clonetona that isn't done.   And he has the stones to rip the real deal car?     

I forgot to mention that the VIN on that Ebay Spoiler II is only a few cars off from mine.  Someone told me today that the ask on that Spoiler II is in the neighborhood of $45k.    Pretty high for one of those.  They are super rare, but are small block cars. 

69_500

I don't think I've ever seen your Spoiler II Doug. I have seen your Daytona and the Bird quite a few times, but don't recall any Spoiler II's.
Then again I forget a lot of things from when I was 3-5 as well :)

I was just playing around with my comment.

But your right, a little harsh on some other comments that have been flying around.

Still looking forward to seeing all those aero cars up in WI this summer though.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on February 07, 2007, 09:39:42 PM
I don't think I've ever seen your Spoiler II Doug. I have seen your Daytona and the Bird quite a few times, but don't recall any Spoiler II's.
Then again I forget a lot of things from when I was 3-5 as well :)

I was just playing around with my comment.

But your right, a little harsh on some other comments that have been flying around.

Still looking forward to seeing all those aero cars up in WI this summer though.

My comments are tongue in cheek as well.   

My Spoiler II is a well kept secret.  It's a Dan Gurney like the one on the Bay.  I've had it since I was 18.   Needs lots but the body is quite nice.  I have most of what I need to redo it, just need time.   It shares barn space with a Bird and Daytona (not mine) so the cars have time to tell some tall tales to each other I reckon.

69_500

There is a Cale special sitting about 20 miles from me. I've tried several times to get a price out of the owner, but he always says he will fix it up one day. I haven't seen too many of the Dan Gurney ones anywhere.