News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New member, another Charger to my collection of projects...

Started by 73cudaproject, January 30, 2007, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73cudaproject

Hello I am a new member.  I have loved mopars since high school (had a '69 Charger RT) but went without until I bought a driver '68 for my middle son 5 years ago.  After that mopar fever hit me and I quickly found a '70 Charger RT project for myself (later given to my youngest son), then a '73 Barracuda (currently a project car for my middle son), then a '70 Charger 500 (I have dreams of cloning this one into a Daytona...), then a '71 Barracuda (all of these a projects), then recently after making a New Years Resolution of no new cars until some projects are completed I picked up a decent '74 Charger.  I posted pictures of it on moparts and was told it is sort of an unusual car so I decided to join DodgeCharger and post a picture.  I understand it must be a '74 Charger Spring Special with a full vinyl top and opera window.  It also has a 4-speed style console; however it is an automatic.  It need some work but hopefully I can get it started and use it as a backup driver while I work on the others.  What do you think?

73cudaproject

I completed a search for opera window and found lots of info.  This is a nice website!

dads_69

Welcome to the best mopar web site! Any photos of your other cars? I'm not very up on my 3rd gen chargers, but it looks like you have a nice won there and rare.
Mark
Edit. Since you guys are showing off your Ford trucks, heres one of many I've had lately. '79 F-150 400 motor stroked to a 431 w/a C6 stage 2 and a 3.55 rear.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Charger1973

Hey welcome to the site man.  Lots of good info over here  :icon_smile_cool:

73cudaproject

This picture is pretty old.  Since this time I have lucked into being allowed to use a very nice 40x24 shop in a widows back yard.  I count my blessings...  I'll try to find a picture of the shop.

Charger_Fan

I wish my driveway looked like that, even if they are all project cars. ;D
Looks like you've definitely got a severe case of Mopar fever! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73cudaproject

Charger1973  Hello!  Yes I am glad I found this site.  This is a picture of the shop I am allowed to use...  I am trying to finish the truck so I can get back to my mopars! 

skip68

Welcome.  :wave: Nice car and it looks pretty clean. I would love to get a 3rd generation charger so I keep my eyes open.  :scope:  Chuck.......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73cudaproject

The '68 is the only driver we (it is my son's) have and last summer we sold the tires to a friend.  Hopefully I'll get some nice tires this Spring which will hook instead of just squeal...

73cudaproject

ChargerFan yes believe it or not with my nice collection of mopars I have been sidetracked by what was suppose to be a practice paint job (my first) on the '65 F100.  The project turned into more than I expected...  We have shaved the handles, moved gas tank to outside, installed a '91 EFI 5.0 HO with AOD.  I wish I could find a complete picture of it after painting.  For my first paint project I am satisfied.  We painted it Daytona Sunset Orange.  This gives an idea of what it looks like.  I had serious trouble with the clear coat but I learned a lot.

Charger_Fan

That looks good! :thumbs: If the rest turned out like that bed & fender looks, it's gotta be nice. :yesnod:

I've got a couple projects like that myself...projects, the story of my life. ::)  :icon_smile_big:
I've had this one since 1980 (before my Charger). Pic from about '84, it's in pieces now.

I got this '65 last year from the original owner, for $400. I needed a couple parts, so I bought the whole truck. :lol:
I'll probably throw a highboy frame under it.

chargerrt

Ahhh you've got the same fever as me!  Mopars (Chargers) and F100s.  I'd love to have a black shortbed '69 F100 with a red interior, 390 4bbl, and 3 speed on the column to tow my Charger long distances...after I do what I want to the Charger :icon_smile_cool:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up