News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Phasing rotor cap

Started by Animal, January 24, 2007, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

I have a mifire @ around 3000 revs.

Cut a slot in the dizzy cap,only to find the rotor was fireing No 1 plug between No 1 & No 8 on cap tower.

What would be the best way to set the dial back timing light to when I point it in the dizzy cap @ around 3000 revs,in other words,do I set the dial back on the light @ 35*,the same as on the damper(total timing 35*) & is it better to move the reluctor or the pick up.

I am hoping to get the rotor arm dead centre to the post on the cap @ 3000 revs.I am using the mopar performance dizzy.

Thanks Guys.

Chryco Psycho

the center relutor has 2 slots .possibly it is on the wrong way & just using the other slot could line things up correctly

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Animal

Thanks guys,just got the reluctor lined up with the pickup when rotor arm is positioned bang in line with one of the towers on the cap & redrilled the reluctor to shaft,I must of got confused with the timing thing,as far as I can see,the timing makes no difference at all when rephasing the cap,rotor,pickup & reluctor.Obviously I reset the timing to 20*initialĀ  34* total,no vac.(i recurved the mechanical advance)

Motor seems to run a lot crisper & more responsive,a job worth doing.Please advise if I have missed something.

Thanks again guys.