News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wonder if this guy bought a lottery ticket

Started by Jon Smith, January 24, 2007, 03:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Wow. Lucky son of gun. I bet while he was standing there he was saying WTH just happend!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MOPARHOUND!

With all that wheel hoppin' at the start, I'm thinking he snapped an axle.

Eeerie tape, surreal.

The car "pole vaulted" on the fully open driver's side door, creating space, or the car would have crushed him.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Mike DC

You can see the whole axle assembly come off the tumbling wreck of the car.  It's on the far right near the end of the wreck.

My gut reaction is that the car wasn't built very well.  A reasonably safe car shouldn't have let the driver tumble outside the passenger compartment so quickly, and it shouldn't have shedded so many major parts to readily during the flip.  That footage is probably a lesson about using lots of fiberglass body panels and no decent rollbars or seatbelts.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

that was a damn frankenstein of a car that should have never been allowed to race.  Key reason why i say that is this.... HIS SEAT FLEW OUT OF THE CAR!!!  a seat in a drag car should never be separated from the vehicle in such a slow mph run... EVER.  He was lucky he wasnt killed.  I bet his car's will be super inspected next time he comes to the strip... if he is allowed to run at all.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

red72chrgr

He's lucky no doubt. Wonder why he didn't just let off when it got out of hand? I mean b4 he went to the left at the beginning of the vid.
Nothing personal, just business

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlackDodge

Whoa! One wasted car AND a pair of Fruit of the Looms! :o

BBD

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.