News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Northeast Hemi Owners Association Meet Circa: 1978

Started by TripleBlackGator, January 24, 2007, 02:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

Ok...what about now?

I must give credit where credit is due. They are an improvement over what I was able to do. I have Photoshop CS2 but get lost in it most of the time so I use another photo editing program that doesn't have such a steep learning curve. Thanks.  :2thumbs:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Chris G.

Good stuff Gator. I certainly like this side of you :icon_smile_wink: .

Find me a '67 Hemi owner that would drop his air cleaner on the ground today. Great Pics!  :thumbs:

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 24, 2007, 04:13:05 PM
Does this car have a Corvette style cowl hood scoop on it? Looks like there's Magnum badges on it too. :scope:

From what I remember the Daytona did indeed have a Corvette style hood. I believe an L88 to be exact. Good eyes!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Chris G. on January 24, 2007, 07:02:22 PM
Good stuff Gator. I certainly like this side of you :icon_smile_wink: .

Find me a '67 Hemi owner that would drop his air cleaner on the ground today. Great Pics!  :thumbs:

Hmmm? Enough to let me back in the 70 Registry? Better hurry....I feel the Lithium wearing off.

xs29j8Bullitt

Here is my try on a few of the pictures using PaintShop Pro 8 ...

XS

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Chris G.

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on January 24, 2007, 07:07:13 PM
Hmmm? Enough to let me back in the 70 Registry? Better hurry....I feel the Lithium wearing off.

You never actually registered, so you were never asked to leave. Oh, do you mean the message board?  ;)

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Chris G. on January 24, 2007, 07:14:38 PM
Quote from: TripleBlackGator on January 24, 2007, 07:07:13 PM

You never actually registered, so you were never asked to leave. Oh, do you mean the message board?  ;)

Uh yeah. Asked to leave? No. But I got the hint.

TNT

TripleBlack
       The pictures were from the May 1978 meet in Arkport, New York.  Are you still a member of NeHOA?  The members from that era that are still attending meets include Mike Petersen, Anatol Vasiliev, Harland Avezzie, and Frank Wilson who has thousands of pictures of club meets.
       TNT

chargerboy69

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on January 24, 2007, 03:22:11 AM
Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 24, 2007, 03:05:00 AM
that daytona looks sweet with no stripe :yesnod: also a 70 charger non-r/t hemi?
The price you ask? $3500 OBO. Yes OBO.  :o  Did I buy it? Heck no.  :brickwall:  Who had that kind of money in 1978? Not me!  [/b]

I didn't either. . . But then again I was only four. 
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: TNT on January 24, 2007, 08:35:26 PM
TripleBlack
       The pictures were from the May 1978 meet in Arkport, New York.  Are you still a member of NeHOA?  The members from that era that are still attending meets include Mike Petersen, Anatol Vasiliev, Harland Avezzie, and Frank Wilson who has thousands of pictures of club meets.
       TNT

Buzzzzz. Incorrect. So sorry. What do we have for our departing contestant? I was never a member of the NeHOA. Actually I am leary of any organization that would have me as a member.

TNT

HEY TripleBlack
   If it was 1978, and it wasn't the Arkport meet, how about the Lansing, New YorK meet of August of 78.
       TNT

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: TNT on January 24, 2007, 09:48:19 PM
HEY TripleBlack
   If it was 1978, and it wasn't the Arkport meet, how about the Lansing, New YorK meet of August of 78.
       TNT

Nope. No hints either.  :-X

TNT

TripleBlack, you either have the wrong club or the wrong year because those were the two meets back in 78 for NeHOA.
      TNT

TripleBlackGator

Then try 1979 and see what you come up with. How about this thought. Back in the late 70's were there only National meets? Maybe a regional meet maybe? Hmmmm? Like I said, I was not a member. I was invited to participate.

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein