News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I Found!!!!!! Updated Updated

Started by bookedbydano, January 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i guess your gonna have your hands full..
i've been researchin my '71 too so if ya' need some info lemmie know..
been to the birdsnest yet?..

link to my post there.. where i'm Harvey Birdman..
http://www.roadrunnernest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5711&highlight=#5711

genaric rr info..
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6.0;id=35804;image

Charger_Fan

Congrats to you & Mrs. Dano! :cheers:

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 06, 2007, 12:24:54 PM
:o  Moparts guys are a hoot!  I like to lurk on there, but i dont post very often. 

That place isn't even worth my lurking time 99.998% of the time, too many frickin' nay-sayers & nazi's for my taste. :rotz:
I think they're just too many shades of envious green to post anything positive about this story. :icon_smile_approve:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

Congratulations on your little girl. :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tan top

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 04, 2007, 10:41:04 AM
WELL !!!!!!   Is it a v-code !!!???

Man oh man !!!!  That's a GREAT freakin' story !!!!!  Good for you.... I hope this 'runner sees the light of driving-day again with a true-mopar enthusiast..

Troy

MORE PICS !!!!!

:iagree:       V - code    :popcrn:  awesome deal man congratulations :2thumbs:  i love happy endings :bawling:       :laugh:

defiantly would like to see more pictures  on the RR :thumbs: 

& congretulations on the new baby :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Shakey

Quote from: Devil on February 06, 2007, 12:55:01 PM
Yeah, damn those people on moparts who would like to see the proof, then just hear a story.

Congrats of the baby.

Ryan

It's one thing to ask or wait for proof and it's another to start yelling "bullshit".  Wouldn't you agree?   :shruggy:

Back N Black

Congrats on the the new baby and the roadrunner, that was my first car when i was 17 except for the 6 pac.
looking forward to pics.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Shakey on February 06, 2007, 02:04:59 PM
Yeah, damn those people on moparts who would like to see the proof, then just hear a story.

Congrats of the baby.

Ryan

It's one thing to ask or wait for proof and it's another to start yelling "bullshit".  Wouldn't you agree?   :shruggy:

When facts he has presented don't add up, and sound like the typical "little old lady with the car in the barn" story that are passed off every few weeks.  People do call bullshit until they see some proof.

I've bought some rare cars for a song, my 69 Charger R/T SE is an example.  But when you come on here making claims like this, just like the 72 V-code Charger, some proof would be good.

Ryan

69bronzeT5

Thanks dano for the pics. There on my site now.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

74Charger

Congrats on the find!  And the new little one!

Now hurry and buy a lottery ticket! ;D
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Mean 318

When do we get to see pics of the lil one?

NHCharger

Congrats on the birth of your baby girl  :cheers: :cheers:
Congrats on a great find. Definitely have to post some pics once you get a chance (car pic with you and baby might shut up the naysayers)
Please do us a favor. Register over on moparts and start a thread about this incredible score. Include pics of course. It is very tiresome to read the threads where all the "experts" have to give their "expert" input. I have to admit I was a little dubious after reading the story but decided to wait and see before inserting foot in mouth (which I have occasionally done in the past ;) ).
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jasonfromIKILLYA

screw the haters man!  what a week!  congrats!!!  Maybe I'm naive but I never thought for a minute it was bogus.  :)

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Shakey

Quote from: Devil on February 06, 2007, 04:42:48 PM
Quote from: Shakey on February 06, 2007, 02:04:59 PM

Congrats of the baby.

Ryan

When facts he has presented don't add up, and sound like the typical "little old lady with the car in the barn" story that are passed off every few weeks.  People do call bullshit until they see some proof.

I've bought some rare cars for a song, my 69 Charger R/T SE is an example.  But when you come on here making claims like this, just like the 72 V-code Charger, some proof would be good.

Ryan

While I agree with you, there is no shortage of "stories" on the www, I don't agree with the "shoot first and ask question later" theroy, but that's just me.

BTW - without me having to go back and re-read the thread, what facts did he present that didn't add up?

hemi-hampton

The story always sounded Legite to me & I'm on the Pessimistic side usually. Congratulations on both. LEON. :yesnod:

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteI have got the title changed "no the wifes name was not on the title and there was no pending judgement by the divorce"...

I have to admit that's the first thing I thought of when I read your story.  Law school is infiltrating my life!

Brock Samson

mikesbbody

congrats on your baby girl! (and of course the RR  ;D) just wondering, you did take the spare parts he had in the barn right?

AZ-Nick

Congrats on the baby......

I started the thread on Moparts and I started it because of the great find, I love hearing stories about rare cars that are found and bought, stories like yours should give anyone hope in finding a rare car......
Good luck with the car and please take a picture of it and post it when you get a chance.
Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

migsBIG

Quote from: red72chrgr on February 05, 2007, 01:58:16 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 05, 2007, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: migsBIG on February 05, 2007, 03:13:46 AM
Good luck on that, hopefully trhe owner dosen't want to "restore it" and let it sit for another 30 years!

Didn't read the whole thread did you ::)   He got a steal/deal that's making most of us jelous. Even better then he thought it was.
I agree with you Guy, he should let a mag know if what he has is rare.

BTW, This story could almost go into Mopar magazine in the rare finds section like Dick Landys car.
Sorry about that, didn't see there were more pages. Nice score and sounds like a good deal.

hemi68charger

Holy Toledo !!!!  You score both an original v-code airgrabber '71 Runner AND a baby !!!!!!    2007 is YOUR year dude !!!!!

Congrad's on your lil' girl.. They are so very precious........  Enjoy and better get that video/digital camera out..........  For both your daughter and new ride..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

19Charger68

WOW!  What a great story and a great find!  Sincere congratulations on the find and your new baby.  Hope you always enjoy them both.  Nice Job!!!!!!!
Bruce

bookedbydano

Hi everyone,  Here is a photo of my little girl Hannah.....for those who thought I might be making up this story also.  Daddy's little mopar girl!  All the skepics will be sick when they see her screaming by in her roadrunner..LOL

dads_69

Hey Dan, congrads on the little girl. When our daughter was born 3.5 years ago. I never realized how much they change your life at that time. Shes awesome, thats for sure.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Shakey

Cute kid!   :yesnod:

And if you know me, I'm not just saying that because they're not all cute when they're that new.

Congratulations once again.   :cheers:

Also, like Mark had said, they will change you life, for the better.  I also have a three year old and love every minute I get to spend with her.   :thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: bookedbydano on February 08, 2007, 11:19:24 AM
Hi everyone,  Here is a photo of my little girl Hannah.....for those who thought I might be making up this story also.  Daddy's little mopar girl!  All the skepics will be sick when they see her screaming by in her roadrunner..LOL

What!!!, no pic with her next to the Runner yet?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection