News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW: 1987 Dodge W150

Started by Manfred318, January 15, 2007, 03:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred318

I found an '87 W150 while browsing the net earlier. It is at a dealership in the next town over. They told me over the phone that it was fully loaded, in immaculate condition, and apparently only has 33,000 some odd miles. The thing is he didnt tell me a price. He said he would rather me come see it in person, which means they probably want an outrageously high price for it. I might go have a look at it in the next day or two, but in the mean time whats it worth?

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

mikepmcs

depending on how minty it is.   Could be in the 8-10 range(or higher cause it's at a dealership).  Gotta check it out and take some pics too and throw em up here.  Then we can really start the debate. 
I love those trucks and wish i could find one in that shape up here in the northeast.   I would gladly pay 10(if i had any money) if it was in mint condition.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger_Fan

Being at a dealership, my guess is they're asking price is about $5K...maybe $4,500. Usually when they say "come see for yourself", it's so they can personally lube you with vaseline. :o
What sucks is that they probably only gave the previous owner $1,200 for trade-in.

:EDIT: That also depends on the area of the country too. Around here, that would be a close price (maybe).

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

694spdRT

With the low miles and "immaculate" shape I would guess a dealer would probably want 6-7K for it around here.  I bought a perfect '89 W150 4 x 4 with 18K miles on it for $9,500 but that was 10 years ago too.  ;)

BTW:  Be careful on those low mileage trucks as it is not hard to turn them back or swap dashes. Plus, they only have a 5 digit odometer to begin with. Might be worth a Carfax to try and track mileage if you get serious.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mean 318

Mean 318

PS Could you take some pics ;D I LOVE those trucks!

Manfred318

If I can manage to get by there I snap some pics. I just kinda hate to drive an hour away if I dont even know how much they want for it.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

mikepmcs

call them and tell them that and see if they'll get off the price over the phone.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?