News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration poll

Started by 73chgrSE, January 14, 2007, 04:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At what stage is your charger(s)

completely restored
24 (17.9%)
under restoration now
64 (47.8%)
awaiting restoration
30 (22.4%)
survivor (unrestored but nice)
9 (6.7%)
rotting away or wrecked
5 (3.7%)
completely original
4 (3%)
it is what it is and I drive it
20 (14.9%)
still just a dream
9 (6.7%)
dragster or other racecar
1 (0.7%)
other
5 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 134

73chgrSE

Mine is a survivor that is currently under restoration after an 8 year storage.

Ghoste

Mine had a partial resoration some years ago and needs to be redone.  I'm thinking though it needs to replaced.  (by a 69??)

moparguy01

mine is somewhat restored to how i want it. screw originality. its a toy. but its also built and will be used as a race car.

70charger_boy

I have my 70 outside in the driveway.  I bought 90 percent of the parts and when it warms up I'll start on getting her done.  My goal is just to make her my dail driver.  I'm probably going to call her the pony express

Dave22443

Are they ever really fully done?  :rotz:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

terrible one

Mine was under restoration when I bought it, but I havn't done much to it since.

Charger1973

Ill call mine under restoration since i have started on it.  Its mostly disassembled I just rehung the fenders and doors when I lost my garage space.  Its a little more weather proof that way.  Im going to be collecting parts for a while longer but hopefully I can get some of the basic stuff like floor pans going this summer. 

1969R6RED

M 69' is about 90% original. And a real nice survivor..

JIM

Lowprofile

Awaiting my Full attention.........I've only owned it 12 years.  :rotz: :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Blakcharger440

Coooool! It looks like most of us are at least working on them! At least that is what the poll would have you believe... You are working on them right guys!  :icon_smile_angry:  :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

Working on my 68 when time and money permits. Just got compressor also so I can do bodywork.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Croatia

Right now time is what I'm looking for (that doesn't mean that I have money as much as I need) :-\
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

defiance

working my tail (and wallet) off on it!  Not restoring it, though, just fixing it :)

41husk

i voted my 70 Challenger under restoration, my 68 it is what it is and I drive it, and my 73 I plan to make a super bee out of still a dream, even though I have begun gathering parts and sent the air grabber hood to be acid dipped, I still would not consider it as under restoration just yet.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

just to throw my two cents in:

The Charger is a backyard resto meaning i spent the money as i saved it (1984-1999) on the next logical step to it's "Restification". starting, with a doner 318 drivetrain and gradually working my up to the 440. Sure took a long time but i don't regret it, difference from most is it was it was allways a driver and i'm particually proud of that.  :icon_smile_approve:
still needs a suregrip and the A/C and some wires... and i see a half a dozen bubbles behind the pass door..  :-\
so it's allways gonna be ongoing towords PERFECTION!   :icon_smile_wink:

My Road Runner is a survivor pure and simple.

Charger_Fan

Mine's a garage queen...an "unrestored/awaiting large cash flow" garage queen. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SnoPro440

Mines not original and never will be brought back to that state.  It's currently under going body work and paint.  It's also toy, a fast toy.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

41husk

is there another kinda toy?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Joshua

Lack of time but mostly a lack of $$$ keeps me from tearing mine apart for a restification....so I just drive it..... :icon_smile_big:
Someday it'll get redone, NOT restored though....

70 Charger RT

Depending on which car.  My 69 is undergoing resto right now.  The 70 is on the back burner for now and will have a complete resto someday.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

jaak

I voted under restoration, but mines gonna be a resto-mod driver. I'm not into the all-original concourse thing.

Jason K.
69 Charger RT

Old Moparz

I picked "other" since you didn't have an option called "manual external automotive value increaser." It stays under the lift keeping the Barracuda up near the ceiling to match the price of Barracuda parts.   ::)

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nacho-RT74

I think I can say mine is restored ( and voted ), but is something never stops when I use it. Right now got gas tank leak, plastic parts of brake booster got broken ( fixed today ), Driver side exhaust manifold got a crack, AM/FM radio being repaired, still get cluster brake light lighted on when I NEED BRAKES LOL, replace upper rubber isolators on front and rear sway bars rods ( and they were new ), apparently will need to replace the LCA bushings ( just 4 years old ), needs to rechrome rear bumper guards, repchrome and replace passenger side mirror and driver side pedestal mirror, and goes on...

Oh well, neverending story.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JMF

Mine has a different engine in and trans in, has been painted a different color and is overall very tidy with no rust issues so what would that be called? To my knowledge it has never had a restoration as such

Slowpoke

I am still working on my 68 R/T for 24 years now (owned it 27 driven for the first 3).
Thats how I picked my forum name  :-\.
Working on a new house with a better garage to speed up the process.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years