News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible to have 6-way seat on a 69 with buddy seat???

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, January 12, 2007, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

Possible to have 6-way seat on a 69 with buddy seat???

moparjohn

YES, yes, yes- that's how my car is, with leather front seats too!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Lord Warlock

Yes, mine came stock that way too, I also have leather seats with my rtse. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

THE CHARGER PUNK

isnt the drivers seat connected to the buddy seat tho?

Nacho-RT74

buddy seats are an independent part of the rest of front setup. Is the same bucket setup with just console and brackets removed to fit brackets and buddy seat.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Lord Warlock

agree, the buddy seat cushion mounts to the tunnel and the buddy seat attaches to the two arms that rise up on either side of the base.  The buddy seat is not connected to either of the bucket seats in any way.  Mine's just sitting in place right now, i could probably take it out and take pics if needed.  The board inside the armrest on mine broke soon after i got it,  the imperial armrest board i got to replace it never worked out right, figure eventually i'll find a good replacement.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

THE CHARGER PUNK

8WHEELER

Here is a 6-way seat base, and a 68 buddy seat you can see the brackets that bolt from
the car to the sides of the buddy seat, it does not touch the seats.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Lord Warlock

Nice looking shots, ya beat me to it.  Here is shots of mine out of the car.

Lord Warlock

to be correct there should be a plastic piece that covers the rear seam and fits under the bolts holding it on.  I have the piece, but its buried under some other parts in the backseat.  The piece is about 3 inches wide at the backside, has two prongs that fit along the sides to the bolts holding it in place.