News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do u think of the new Chargers?

Started by 69bronzeT5, January 11, 2007, 08:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do u think of the 06 Chargers???

Love It
11 (16.9%)
Hate It
11 (16.9%)
Its okay
17 (26.2%)
*barf*
21 (32.3%)
Like it but wouldnt buy it
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Shakey

Here we go again!  And BTYW - it's not new anymore.

I'll start......

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse::horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse::horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
::)  :rotz:

hemigeno

Suddenly, this excerpt came to mind there, Shakey...

Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, in business we often try other strategies with dead horses, including the following:

1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Say things like, "This is the way we have always ridden this horse."
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
9. Comparing the state of dead horses in todays environment.
10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
14. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but in some respects a discussion about dead horses will be about as productive.

:Twocents:

2fast4u

:iagree:   what he said!

THEY HAVE THIS LIL' BOX UNDER THE USER INFO CALLED....................Search:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Judhudson

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

bull

We asked Chrysler's design chief Trevor Creed why they hadn't hidden the rear door handles like on an Alfa 156. He said it was a fussy thing to do (as in, too much trouble). He added that the market for five-seat four-doors is far bigger than for two-doors, and the priority was to maximise sales. No-one would have questioned the strategy if it had been called anything other than Charger. -- Top Gear

hemihead

Hemigeno you forgot #22 - When it doesn't sell paint it a Hi Impact color and add lots of stickers from real cars.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

TeeWJay426

Quote from: hemihead on January 11, 2007, 10:57:26 PM
Hemigeno you forgot #22 - When it doesn't sell paint it a Hi Impact color and add lots of stickers from real cars.

.... not to mention add more names from the past that once meant something, but become a joke on a bloated mis-named sedan.... ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

CaptMarvel

My alliegance is and always will be to the old stuff, but I've always thought the new "Charger" looks overall OK, I just take issue with it being called a Charger with 4 doors. Thats really the base for my dissapointment with it. Some of the styling is ok, I think it should have played alot more off of the older 2nd gen stuff. The new Challenger now, looks perfect for a new car! Just enough of the old classic style, with just enough new upgrades. I do like the wide big rear shoulders of the new Charger but the way it meshes into the rear of the car just isnt right. Overall, an ok looking car and its not a performance slouch,  but lets stop calling it a charger please.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Neal_J

Bronze:

Have you given any thought to changing your handle to Silver, Jr.?

Neal

PocketThunder

Quote from: Neal_J on January 12, 2007, 10:37:44 AM
Bronze:

Have you given any thought to changing your handle to Silver, Jr.?

Neal

:haha:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Chris G.

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on January 12, 2007, 09:04:12 AM
.... not to mention add more names from the past that once meant something, but become a joke on a bloated mis-named sedan.... ::)

I agree. I miss the days when the name meant something. Let me reminisce a bit.

Chargen69

So this horse just walked up and said, "I'm tired of people beating me like a mule!"  :horse:

FastbackJon

To avoid the whole dead horse thing, the poll should have been inconspicuously phrased as "What do you think of that fat ugly chick that re-named herself Pamela Anderson?"
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

plum500

Shakey

Quote from: Chris G. on January 12, 2007, 11:31:09 AM

:thumbs:

Well done!   :smilielol:

Brock Samson

that new Avenger looks better then the charger and that's not right..  :sick:

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

I'll have to admit i like this one...

maybe in two or three years as another lease return when my 300 is tired...
...but i'll miss her...  :'(

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Shakey on January 12, 2007, 12:44:27 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on January 12, 2007, 11:31:09 AM

:thumbs:

Well done!   :smilielol:

So as long as they keep recycling old blunders and don't create any original ones it's all good.....

.... or maybe Super Bee & Daytona sedans are the norm now... along with Daytona & GTX pickup trucks....  :eyes:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Chris G.

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on January 12, 2007, 06:05:31 PM
So as long as they keep recycling old blunders and don't create any original ones it's all good.....

Ahhh, now you are singing a different tune. The bottom line is, the guys on this site who have the blindfolds on (and you all know who you are), refuse to remember that these "badges" have been abused many times before 2005. I don't care if this is the only 4 door of the bunch, it's way better looking than the late 70's and early 80's Chargers....but that's just my opinion.  :wave:

ps- The GTX was not a Chrysler done truck. It was an aftermarket deal.

pss- I'll bet It's killing all the die hards that this stupid poll is not a landslide.  :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

Not a landslide?  Barf and hate it are pretty much the same thing so add those two numbers together and the fence sitting choices hardly condone the car.  I'd say that if the numbers aren't what you consider a landslide, they sure still point to the lovers of it as being in the minority.