News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW? 1973 Dodge Charger Rallye with pictures

Started by Charger1973, January 10, 2007, 05:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

It looks to be an original 340 Rallye Charger.  Its an automatic and has air.  From what I understand the 340 was replaced 20+ years ago with a 318, but the car itself is all original right down to the paint.  I have yet to see it in person but I would like to get an idea of its value.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger1973

A few more pics...

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Nacho-RT74

without see interior and depending of options, would say around $13-14K
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Thanks guys.  I have not seen the interior either yet so I cant say what else is does/doesnt have. 

hemihead

You people are nuts.It has a 318, not even a 340.A very nice car but without the orginal engine or least the orginal engine size it is no way worth even 8K. And 13-14K? What in Pesos? LOLOLOLOL
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

twilt

Looks like a very nice car. I don`t know what its worth, only what I would be willing to pay for it. From my perspective,its got 2 major strikes against it, being green and having a not original 318 under the hood. 6.5k-8.5k is what I would pay. 

41husk

I know if I was buying, it would have to be under 8k for me to feel I was getting a great deal, just looking at pictures depending on what I had in the car, I would be trying to fetch in the 8.5K range.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

andy74

Quote from: twilt on January 11, 2007, 07:39:15 AM
Looks like a very nice car. I don`t know what its worth, only what I would be willing to pay for it. From my perspective,its got 2 major strikes against it, being green and having a not original 318 under the hood. 6.5k-8.5k is what I would pay. 
i agree,6500 to 8500 is where id want to be,i paid 4000 for my big block car,before paint/interior body work,and with it done ive got about 12 in it

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: hemihead on January 11, 2007, 05:12:16 AM
You people are nuts.It has a 318, not even a 340.A very nice car but without the orginal engine or least the orginal engine size it is no way worth even 8K. And 13-14K? What in Pesos? LOLOLOLOL

Yes is true, I forgott that detail...maybe 12K as much. Would it be more with original engine and numbers matching, Tach, Console, Am/Fm Radio and stuff like that... nice conditions tuff wheel.

Anyway, if interior is PERFECT, then I would say MORE... restore interior is the harder and expensive part IMHO, and if you don't have that headache you pay for it ;)

and If we think is ALMOST a survivor, with untouched paint, stripes, moldings, BUMPER FILLERS, etc... being a rallye by default and must have machine gun tips and pins hood ( part of 340 Rallye equipment ). On pic it looks machine gun tips  are there. Magnum wheels, Dual racing chrome mirrors... A/C, de luxe bumper guards... damn I'm editind this reply every time I notice some detail.

Green color, you can like or not but is a fact is in PERFECT CONDITIONS not visible damage, dents or scratches

To much worthly details JUST ON EXTERIOR. If you put together every detail sold on ebay separatelly, I bet will hit $12K

And we don't use Pesos. That's several other countries but not here.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71 Bee Man

Quote from: hemihead on January 11, 2007, 05:12:16 AM

G'day guys,

I'm afraid I'll have to side with Hemihead.

I remember when I was looking for my car the 73/74 models just weren't getting any money. I saw some really nice cars advertised that were just plain cheap. I reckon it's probably a $5 - 6,000 car. It's all about collectability I guess. Sure there's always someone out there willing to pay the price, but I think in this case I'd be starting at the bottom end of the scale.

:Twocents:

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Charger1973

Its a nice car...  if I had it I would not care about its value because I would be keeping it.  The original motor is not there anyway, so to me it is just a nice, basically untouched Charger that needs nothing more than a replacement 340 motor and possibly a color change.  If its not worth a whole lot, that would go a long ways towards me being able to have a shot at it.  But chances are its still way out of my range at the moment.  We will see. 

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

twilt

NADA guides are always high.  (might have something to do with the word Dealer) You can like it or not, but being green is not a good thing from a $$ perspective. 

supserdave

Any metal repair done? I would say 5-6500 would be a good deal if it ran and drove nice and needed nothing major besides the engine.

Thinking of selling yours and buying this one?

Charger1973

Quote from: supserdave on January 11, 2007, 05:36:09 PM
Any metal repair done? I would say 5-6500 would be a good deal if it ran and drove nice and needed nothing major besides the engine.

Thinking of selling yours and buying this one?

I was told it was all original besides the motor, even the paint. 

I dont think I would sell mine even if I could get this one.  I started a 73 Charger project that I had to sell once and I never got rid of the urge to finish my project...  I purposely bought this one as a project so I could make it exactly how I wanted it and finally finish what I started.  Id still like to have a nice original like this one though. 

ramit

no318

nakita7

OK, I'll say it...

"What someone is willing to pay"  :eyes:

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

71 Bee Man

Quote from: nakita7 on January 11, 2007, 09:35:59 PM
OK, I'll say it...

This 100% correct.

The amount of times I've given someone my opinion of a vehciles worth, and they've ended up paying twice that, is astounding. Mind you, it's not that I'm undervaluing, but rather they just really wanted it and didn't mind paying that much.

Guys, just as an example, and Australian R/T Charger went for $130,000 Aust. at a recent Auction. Until that time the most anyone had paid for this type of Aussie R/T was around $40,000. Just goes to show. I had an Australian Charger with factory 340....reasonably collectible here I guess, but it was an "old mans" car.....beige, brown interior. I sold it for $16,000 Aust. I've recently found it's since sold for $40,000. There's no way I would've paid that - but someone did. :shruggy:

Peter
Sydney, Australia
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

twilt

Quote from: nakita7 on January 11, 2007, 09:35:59 PM
OK, I'll say it...

Kind of funny  :lol: :lol: that the last 2 posters didn`t realize that nikita was being sarcastic.  (note the rolling eyes) The "what someone is willing to pay" line is a worn out load of crap. Its a completely overused useless response that doesn`t  help answer the specific question being asked.