News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction

Started by Shakey, January 05, 2007, 10:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Well the auctioneer is the one who makes the final decision to close bidding.   Reserve or no reserve it's  really up to the house how long they spend on a car.  This is being done because they can.

Brock Samson

did anyone else notice that silver '72 chally convert has blue stripes,.. looks like a HEMI... is that a clone? or could ya' get blue stripes?..
i heard of green and gold but not blue...  ???
sorry to change the subject but BJ's is way out of my leauge...
i just appreciate a nice ride...

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemigeno

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 07, 2007, 06:23:17 PM
hey Geno your daytona will be of this Quality when done. you just won't sell it.  :icon_smile_cool:

From a quality standpoint, you're right.  My reference earlier to "investment grade" cars has to do with the fact that my car's history has 'baggage' and it doesn't have a ton of original documentation such as the window sticker, receipts, etc.  It would be considered a non-numbers matching car (replacement block) that has had a significant event (an engine fire).  While I am very comfortable with the car and its history, the really-deep-pocket investor types would turn their nose up at it.  IMHO, those are the ones that would have to be interested in the car before it would get a prime-time auction slot.

And yes, you're right, I hope I never get to the point that I have to sell it...   ;)

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 07, 2007, 06:23:17 PM
it's fun to watch on TV. it's incredible how much money is out there. Rene

:iagree:

Geno

Recharger

70 RT 440-6pk just sold for $65K.  Looked great, I wonder what it would have sold for it went up on Saturday? Or if it wasn't yellow?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Recharger

Yup.  6-11 (central) and then they rerun it all over again from 11-4am.  What more could the gearhead insomniac ask for? 

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidoug

Looks like the clones aren't getting the numbers they used to, maybe a good sign. I never could believe that clones were pulling down the numbers they were just last year. Prices will start to stabilize when the clones drop to more normal levels. There just is no way a clone Hemi car is worth over 100k. Start looking to see nice clones in the 30-50k zone. I think that will be a sign of the prices starting to soften.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Chad L. Magee

Yeah, Lot# 94 bought less than $50,000 for a 1970 Hemi Superbee "recreation".  Craig got on the mike and said something to the tune of "it'll cost you alot more to make one like this".  I don't know about that as I think it can be done if you know what you are doing and not having someone else build it for you........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

They had a blooper on lot #120, a mint 1963 Lincoln.  As it was leaving the arena, one of the exit curtain rods fell down and landed on top of the hood.  I don't know if it did any damage, but it sure looked like it could have.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Khyron

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 17, 2007, 12:01:43 AM
They had a blooper on lot #120, a mint 1963 Lincoln.  As it was leaving the arena, one of the exit curtain rods fell down and landed on top of the hood.  I don't know if it did any damage, but it sure looked like it could have.......

bah! it's just a ford :P

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69 OUR/TEA

I thought tues was for the driver quality affordable and not so rare cars to roll thru,but saw some pretty nice and rare examples that should have gone for more if placed on fri,or sat?Is this because of what it costs to put them in the prime time line up?Or because they got in too late ?As usual there are alot of Hemi cudas this year,owners cashing in while it lasts.

ds440

For those keeping score:

1970 Charger R/T 440+6, yellow, black top - $76,700

1971 Charger 500, 318, butterscotch, black top - $12,343

1969 Charger R/T 440, red, black top - $76,219

Those are FINAL costs, not the final bid.  Don't shoot the messenger. :-X
There were lots of other Mopars as well.  I think the highest was the AAR that went for $117,641 (bid was $94,000, I think).
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

69 OUR/TEA

The new fees are.....  8% seller and 10 % buyer

mikepmcs

Didn't know that one, holy cow.  I saw that 69 go for 61,000(bid) and thought that was a really high price.  I was thinking in the high 40's to mid 50's.  When I guess if you think about it, that's what the owner ended up receiving.

Those fees are outrageous to me.  They are making some big money.

v/r
Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

I just caught the 69 as it was rolling down the ramp....missed the whole speil....was it an Auto car?

PS---anyone there happen to get the VIN? :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ds440

Yup, it was an auto/console car.

Here's the write up on the official site.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/cardetails.asp?In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=79

Interestingly, the sale price has gone DOWN since this morning?  It's now at $71339.50.(?) 
(I actually was looking for a VIN! :smilielol:  Didn't show it.... :P)
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

mikepmcs

It was definitley B...E...A...U...tiful!  Big money though.

White interior , auto console.  Scchhhhhaaawwwwiiinnnnnnnggggggggggggg! :icon_smile_big:

RT DAVE

I thought some of the middle of the road Mopars were more reasonably priced this year.  For instance, the gunmetal gray 71 rt that went for $31K was much more reasonable than the $50-60K 71 rts sold last year.  I haven't seen any of the three in person, but they seemed comparable. The 71 that sold this year seemed like it would have sold for more on ebay that on BJ.   Just my two cents. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

RT DAVE

Quote from: Recharger on January 16, 2007, 08:35:49 PM
70 RT 440-6pk just sold for $65K.  Looked great, I wonder what it would have sold for it went up on Saturday? Or if it wasn't yellow?

Are you thinking that the top banana color is a negative or a positive?   It's always been my opinion that any of the high impact colors would make the car more valuable.  Mike Joy (I think) even commented on how beautiful (maybe not the exact wording) the yellow and the black color combo was.   I think it would have done MUCH better on Friday or Saturday.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

472 R/T SE

I was way off on the '70 Vcode Charger.  They actually took a loss versus last year. http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=182785

This Yenko clone brought $95,7k with fees  :o http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carlist/cardetails.asp?In_AuctionID=221&In_LotNumber=427.  Announcer's said the "done right" clones are still bringing respectable money. 
I was a little shocked by the low amount of money the 4 gear GTX got and a few other Mopes.  The Mustang Boss' and standard fastbacks are bringing good money.

Do I dare say the Mopes have come down in price?  Still a little early, but the ones sold so far have.

charge-it

Finally the bottom is beginning to fall out. :yesnod:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

jasonfromIKILLYA

it amazes me how some people have money to burn. it shouldn't though.  I run a painting company in NYC and paint billionaires apartments.  I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want to pride and enjoyment of restoring the car themselves.....
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Shakey

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on January 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM
it amazes me how some people have money to burn. it shouldn't though.  I run a painting company in NYC and paint billionaires apartments.  I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want to pride and enjoyment of restoring the car themselves.....

More money than time!   :yesnod: