News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have vintage mag articles on '68 Hemi Chargers or the '69 Hemi C500?

Started by hemi68charger, January 05, 2007, 07:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Now for an article featuring Dick Landy's 1968 Hemi Charger RT (sorry for the rough condition, I got this magazine for a dime at a swap meet last year).....

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

Chad L. Magee

I will need to do some more scanning before I can add more articles on here.  Hope this helps you out........

Carson

Thank you for posting the articles. Took a little time and effort.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chad L. Magee

Glad that you guys can use them.  I just wish I had more time to scan the ones I have to do (have several hundred to go yet).  I have been trying to fill in the missing issues in my Hi Performance Cars collection (a 1965 to 1975 set) before I started scanning again on those.  Someone really needs to start a digital library on old car magazines as alot of people have them, but they either get locked away or thrown in the trash over time.  That is sad as I see a whole generation that is missing out from reading from that era.  Anyways, this month there is a large swap meet that I always go to find more magazines (usually quite cheap but not always the best conditon).  As soon as I can find more information that you guys can use, I will try to scan and post them here.......

I have just scanned a rare piece of Mopar literature that I got off of ebay a few months ago.  It is an orginal 1967 overseas order manual.  Have any of you ever seen one?....

UFO

And another hemi charger road test.I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the car is yellow.

UFO

UFO

WOO-HOO It is a yellow car.What a car to put in the press pool.
Tested three cars,this is just the specs pages.

XS29J8

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 05, 2007, 07:25:23 AM
Hey everyone...

Doing some more research here... Anyone have vintage mag articles on '68 Hemi Chargers or the '69 Hemi C500? I believe the later was in Car and Driver?

Troy

Hi Troy, I have a 4spd 68 Charger HEMI original and unmolested under the hood. My Master Cylinder has a cadmium plated top which is bolted on with a strap. This is an 11" drum power brake car. The booster and body of the master cyl are black. The check valve nipple has no extra vacuum ports and is straight up it was white and painted black with the booster. The heater hose do run thru a bracket bolted to the right fender well. The hose clamps on the booster vacuum supply hose are the same style as the radiator hoseclamps. The ground strap from the intake to firewall has orange paint on it similar to the ngative battery cable. I have problems posting pics but should be able to answer any questions.

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

Budnicks

Thanks for all the old adverts & articles along with all the photos....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

XS29L

WOW  lot of great articles !  Can't get enough of this kind of stuff.  I was havin' flashbacks from those minibike ads.  Always wanted one.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

ws23rt

This is from May 1985 Car Review. They say it is original but has manual brakes. Looks like the master cyl is unpainted.