News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sunroof removal/re-sheetmetal- Any advice????

Started by protocolski, December 25, 2006, 12:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

protocolski

??? Sorry to start a new thread, but i posted last week about opinions on removing a crappy after market sunroof on my 72 SE.  Overall consensus seemed to be take it out, and I have gotten some feedback about it messing up the roof curvature, ect.  So does anyone gave advice how to do the job?  How not to mess it up??? Merry Christmas!!!!

SFbullitt

If you take out the runroof, the CORRECT thing to do is replace the entire roof. 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: SFbullitt on December 25, 2006, 01:56:17 PM
If you take out the runroof, the CORRECT thing to do is replace the entire roof. 

it can be done with a piece of sheet metal but if youre are not a VERY good welder id have pro do it ..maybe you could go back it time and get the piece they cut out!! just kiddin....in a case like this you would be best off useing a used piecs from a similer car ,reason being the similer alloys will weld better than some of the newer alloys but if you cant get a used piece get mild steel.....and one last thing sfbullit is right the set way is to replace the roof skin
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Daytona R/T SE

Replace the roof SKIN do not mess with the underlying braces - just replace the skin...It's not hard, I just did one on my 69...there's just a whole lot of spotwelds to grind away in the drip rail area ::) Both the front and rear glass have to come out to access the spotwelds there.