News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger numbers help PLEASE

Started by Doright, December 22, 2006, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doright

Looking for info on how many 72 Charger SE's were built?
How many were built with 400 eng?
How many were built with 440 Magnum?
How many were built with Sunroofs total all carsall engine combo's?
How many 440 magnums were built with the powerd sunroof option?

If no one has a clue is this the type of info Gaylen can provide if I belly up and pay the cash? and waite the time for his response?
My car is a recently purchased 72 Charger SE 440 magnum car w/powerd sunroof,power windows, dual chrome sport mirrors, buckets automatic, 150 speedo, color is an off copper green white top and white interior vynal not leather but ohwell cant have every thing.   
The car is over all pore condition needing a full restoration
Looking for lots of parts
Sun roof motor drive gear
Sun roof cables with lifting mechanism
Sun roof foam surounding sun roof interior
Left fender
Hood flat or bubble
Right passengers window

After that parts list then just a few more hundred questions  ;D
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

ACUDANUT

I have a 72 SE Charger. Hold on to your hat...I removed that metal that covers the side window, I think it looks much better!

Doright

Doright
A&P FCC 

green72se

:o      Doright...if you removed the window plug, how did you get the interior pieces to match up with the "Brougham" package???   :-\     

Doright

I didnt remove squat yet I am planning a full retore and not altering any thing except for bolt on's so it can be fully restored I would never cut it up I have been looking for this car for 20 years.
Doright
A&P FCC 

green72se

:yesnod:  I agree...some members have shown pics with the plug blended/without the vinyl top.  Looks good, but thats alot of body color too.  I've owned mine for almost 20 yrs. It still retains the original top and at certain angles you can see the outline of the plug. 

Doright

I think the car looks better with the small window but thats me. Please cut up all the plain janes you want just leave the jenny's to those of us that care.

But please I am really looking for some production numbers any one???
Doright
A&P FCC 

TruckDriver

I plan on restoring mine with the vinyl top. They look okay to me with out it. But with the small quarter windows, I think the vinyl top adds a lot. I am definatly doing mine like this Photoshop pic. I think the vinyl top looks good with this color.  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

T16

Quote from: green72se on December 22, 2006, 02:13:46 PM
:o      Doright...if you removed the window plug, how did you get the interior pieces to match up with the "Brougham" package???   :-\     

The Brougham package.. can someone give me some more info about that

My door panels says Brougham.. so i guess I´ve got it  :shruggy:

According to Galen's white books;
total 1972 charger se   22,430
total se w/ 400 2 barrel  7316
total se w/ 400 4 barrel  3082; 2956 auto, 126 4-speed
total se w/  440  755;  734 auto, 21 4-speed
other sources say approximately 396 se cars with the sunroof, no data on power vs manual sunroof
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

ramit

Quote from: green72se on December 22, 2006, 02:36:05 PM
:yesnod: I agree...some members have shown pics with the plug blended/without the vinyl top. Looks good, but thats alot of body color too. I've owned mine for almost 20 yrs. It still retains the original top and at certain angles you can see the outline of the plug.

Mine still has the original top also and you can see the outline of the plugs.  I would like to remove the plugs soon but I worried about the interior pieces that wouldn't match up after.

Hemidoug

Quote from: ramit on December 22, 2006, 08:56:58 PM
Quote from: green72se on December 22, 2006, 02:36:05 PM
:yesnod: I agree...some members have shown pics with the plug blended/without the vinyl top. Looks good, but thats alot of body color too. I've owned mine for almost 20 yrs. It still retains the original top and at certain angles you can see the outline of the plug.

Mine still has the original top also and you can see the outline of the plugs.  I would like to remove the plugs soon but I worried about the interior pieces that wouldn't match up after.

I don't know what the roof line looks like with the plug removed, but if it is the same as a 71, it seems to me that you could use the 71 pieces......
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

TruckDriver

Quote from: 1958300 on December 22, 2006, 07:44:37 PM
According to Galen's white books;
total 1972 charger se   22,430
total se w/ 400 2 barrel  7316
total se w/ 400 4 barrel  3082; 2956 auto, 126 4-speed
total se w/  440  755;  734 auto, 21 4-speed
other sources say approximately 396 se cars with the sunroof, no data on power vs manual sunroof

Cool! First time I've seen the breakdown numbers. Thanks. Just curious, any /6 models?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: T16 on December 22, 2006, 06:54:46 PM
Quote from: green72se on December 22, 2006, 02:13:46 PM
:o Doright...if you removed the window plug, how did you get the interior pieces to match up with the "Brougham" package??? :-\

The Brougham package.. can someone give me some more info about that

My door panels says Brougham.. so i guess I´ve got it :shruggy:

The Brougham package was the luxury package on the Charger SE from 1972 to 1974. It included:
-Cloth & vinyl seat with fold down center armrest, or vinyl bucket seats with plush carpet, or cloth & vinyl bucket seats with plush carpet.
-Electric clock
-Deluxe steering wheel with partial horn ring
-Simulated wood-grained trim and soft trim
-Padded door trim panels
-Added sound insulation

Brougham upper door panels uses a thin woodgrained insert like 71s However Standarts panels from 72 uses a WIDER insert, what makes don't match inserts between rear and front panels if you mix them up.

SEs rear upper panels ones are cut on top to be able to fit the body plug and sail panel, different than standarts ones, where upper panel meets completelly with glass from end to end.

Recently found Brougham package wasn't available only to  SEs since my car does it have the brougham interior panels from a Hardtop donor
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Doright

Mine has the Brougham package as well and I need to redo it to look new although it is usable as a driver

I am curios as to were the sunroof info came from if not from Gaylen It means so much to me...

Even so a car of less than 400 built is really rare in any ones book! then to throw in the U code one of less than 800 like to know how many U code with the H code!!????
Do you guy's think Gaylen could provide that info if I paid him to breake the cars codes? 
Doright
A&P FCC 

andy74

my 72 se was originally a 400 2 bbl,and was petty blue with a white vinyl top-i like it better now

Doright

I would really like to see your 1972 Charger Rallye coupe 440 N96, GY9 , 1 of 1 according to Galen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats the N96 and the GY9

I also would like to know were you found that "other sources" info about the sun roof cars
Doright
A&P FCC 

Doright

Doright
A&P FCC 

41husk

According to the book Charger Road Runner & Super Bee, in 72.  6,376 coupes, 41,717 hard tops and 20,266 SEs built of those 2 440 6 packs are none to exist.  The book shows no break down on U codes or rallye packages for 72 or 73.  It says only Rallye and SE were built with 440 (U code) in 73 but does not give a number to how many Rallyes with U code were built in 73.  Does anyone have that breakdown?  Sorry to high jack this thread, but I was wondering.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

DORIGHT

My car is currently at the body shop on the rotessirie being sandblasted. Some ugly surprises, but one real jewel. We found a tag that says N96  PREP LINE. I have never heard of a tag for the N96 PREP LINE, but apparently the car was taken off the regular assembly line for the special preparation that was needed to install the air grabber hood.

N96 is the option code for the ramcharger (air grabber) hood. There were 17 1972 Rallye coupes (WL21) made with an air grabber hood.
GY9 is the code for Dark Gold Metallic paint (aslo called Tawny Gold)

I got the information I have from a board member who asked that I not reveal the source. Perhaps he will share with you if he sees this thread.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

Doright

Amazing no one can provide Sunroof production numbers ??????????
For an option that is more rare than a Hemi car I would figure more would be interested in them

I was trying to use some of the online decoders to break my car down but not all the codes would work in the decoder
Doright
A&P FCC 

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Doright on December 26, 2006, 12:26:45 AM
Amazing no one can provide Sunroof production numbers ??????????

For what I have noticed since I'm member of the board, it looks production numbers breakdown are not THAT DETAILED since 72 like on earliers
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Doright

Quoteother sources say approximately 396 se cars with the sunroof, no data on power vs manual sunroof

Does your freind have Any info on 400 VS 440 cars in that 396?
Doright
A&P FCC 

Nacho-RT74

71/72 were all power sunroof, 73/74 were all manual sunroof ( as far I know )

Doright

Quote71/72 were all power sunroof, 73/74 were all manual sunroof ( as far I know )         

Not true I have found some powerd 73 and 74 sunroof cars wish I had bought 1 or 2 now for parts
Doright
A&P FCC