News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"TRANSFORMERS" Movie Trailer (Not The Teaser Trailer) The Real Deal!

Started by Goldfinger71, December 22, 2006, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

That has got to be the most disappointing movie I've seen in a long time !!

My fault for not seeing a trailer or preview first   :icon_smile_dissapprove:

3/4 of the movie was centered around people [ live ones, not even cartoons ] . 
It was filled with all kinds of cliches - to name a few...
   Geek Kid gets hot girlfriend
   Hot girlfriend says car has "double pumper carb", but the engine shot is of a fuel injected car
   no real civilian casualties
   Bad guys disrupt everyones communications yet a figther strike is called in.
   Government conspiracy, etc

The CGI effects for the Transformations were good.  And the first battle scene.  But the whole "we love humans" crud, please....
  They never introduced any Transformer characters other than the main three [ well , they did for about 1 second]
  In the fight scenes you couldn't tell which Transformer was fighting which other transformer.
  Of course the good humans have unlimited ammo somehow.
  I think they had a budget and tried to stretch 2+ hours of movie out of it.
  As mentioned before - a lot of lame predictable humor.
  Where were the Energon cubes ?

I wish I could smack the screenplay writer  :icon_smile_big:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I would have been happier watching 4  original 1/2 hour TV cartoons back to back.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Ponch ®

I still have to go see it. I am, after all, in the target geographic group (guys in their mid to late 20's who religiously watched the cartoons back in the 80's). I won't go anywhere near a theater at least till Sunday - right now I'd rather avoid the throngs of fanboys and 7 year olds....

I like the idea for a live action Robotech movie.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Goldfinger71

Awe Shucks 89' loosen up a little! :icon_smile_big:
Compared to the loads of hot garbage we moviegoers have been getting lately Transformers wasn't a bad movie...
Besides there will NEVER be a movie made that EVERYONE will like! :yesnod:

......Maybe you will like Transformers 2 better! :stirthepot:  HAHA!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Khyron

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 06, 2007, 01:20:23 PM

I like the idea for a live action Robotech movie.

Thats 3 of us :D

If they can do Transformers, I want to see the SDF-1 on the big screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Quote from: 89MOPAR on July 06, 2007, 01:12:16 PM

That has got to be the most disappointing movie I've seen in a long time !!

My fault for not seeing a trailer or preview first   :icon_smile_dissapprove:

3/4 of the movie was centered around people [ live ones, not even cartoons ] . 
It was filled with all kinds of cliches - to name a few...
   Geek Kid gets hot girlfriend
   Hot girlfriend says car has "double pumper carb", but the engine shot is of a fuel injected car
   no real civilian casualties
   Bad guys disrupt everyones communications yet a figther strike is called in.
   Government conspiracy, etc

The CGI effects for the Transformations were good.  And the first battle scene.  But the whole "we love humans" crud, please....
  They never introduced any Transformer characters other than the main three [ well , they did for about 1 second]
  In the fight scenes you couldn't tell which Transformer was fighting which other transformer.
  Of course the good humans have unlimited ammo somehow.
  I think they had a budget and tried to stretch 2+ hours of movie out of it.
  As mentioned before - a lot of lame predictable humor.
  Where were the Energon cubes ?

I wish I could smack the screenplay writer  :icon_smile_big:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I would have been happier watching 4  original 1/2 hour TV cartoons back to back.

Of course the plot is lame and the story has more holes in it than an A-10 target after two passes but you have to take it for what it is.

dkn1997

all I got from the link was an advertisement that never stops, waited 10 minutes and it keeps repeating
RECHRGED

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

SeattleCharger

Good movie.   If it was the new Challenger and not the Camaro, he would probably be saying something different.    :scratchchin:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

i guess im twice the age of the target demographic...  :smilielol:
anyone remember thunderbirds?..

Goldfinger71

Charger1973

Im thinking of going to see this one.  Havent been to a movie in forever! 

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 07, 2007, 11:01:33 AM
i guess im twice the age of the target demographic...  :smilielol:
anyone remember thunderbirds?..

Wasn't the modern movie for thunderbirds  "Team America"?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

6pkrunner

A group of us went to see it last night. Guess I'm not in that target demographic. Sure the CGI parts were great and effects can now pass as real. As for a movie, I'd give it a 4 or so out of 10. Makes Pirates of the Caribbean look like Citizen Kane.

And yes Brock, I do remember Thunderbirds. :cheers: How about Stingray or Fireball XL5? :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

I saw it with the wife last night.... all I have to say was un fu*^&^ing believable. I grew up with the things and loved the movie. Even my wife enjoyed it.

I could go on but i'll just stop with I loved the effects...enjoyed the non stop action, laughed at the humor... and just plain enjoyed myself.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.