News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Quotes

Started by Drache, December 18, 2006, 03:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

What is your favorite quote about a Dodge Charger from a movie, book or magazine? I just read this one and I laughed....

QuoteIf any of the other drivers were disconcerted by six feet of chrome Charger grille looming up behind them, they didn't have to worry long, as the view was about to change.

~Mopar Action, Feb, "Charger Storms Lemans" Pg. 85
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

John_Kunkel

"It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar".

Vanishing Point II
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

41husk

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 18, 2006, 05:16:02 PM

"It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar".

Vanishing Point II
:iagree: 
that is my all time favorite!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemigeno

Here's a couple of quotes from Bobby Isaacs about the Charger Daytona in the 11/69 issue of Dodge News Magazine:

"Nobody, but nobody, walks by without breaking his neck to take a second look."

He also said that it is "a car you'll never lose in a crowded parking lot." 

There's an understatement...

41husk

That is so true,  There is a white Daytona that shows up at the greenville car show every year, and every year it draws the biggest crowd.  I am there talking to the owner every year.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Shakey

It's time to move that piece of shit outta my driveway!  Sell it, burn it I don't care just get the god damned thing outta here, it's leaking oil all over the interlocking stones!

My Father - 1988

LeesRT

I used this as my high school quote back in 1984.  "With a close-coupled 4-speed, and a howl that says 440 cubes mean, it thunders upon us, Charger R/T".

LeesRT

lookin@my68

Quote from: Shakey on December 19, 2006, 02:21:33 PM
It's time to move that piece of shit outta my driveway!  Sell it, burn it I don't care just get the god damned thing outta here, it's leaking oil all over the interlocking stones!

My Father - 1988

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

tan top

how about this one , from      two lane black top   ,   "  its one of them dodge chargers !     LET HIM GO BY !!    not today "
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

OttawaCharger

The movie Christine (57 Fury and a Dodge Charger - love it!) has some good one's
Like this one from the old man with the car in the beginning: My *sshole brother bought her back in September '57. That's when you got your new model year, in September. Brand-new, she was. She had the smell of a brand-new car. That's just about the finest smell in the world, 'cept maybe for p*ssy.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

dkn1997

"You have been a punk ever since you got that orange car"

-My Stepfather in 1986 commenting on my attitude (I was 16)since the purchase of my first 68 charger, which I previousely had painted bright orange at the local earl sheib.
RECHRGED

topduarte

Quote from: OttawaCharger on December 20, 2006, 01:17:04 PM
The movie Christine (57 Fury and a Dodge Charger - love it!) has some good one's
Like this one from the old man with the car in the beginning: My *sshole brother bought her back in September '57. That's when you got your new model year, in September. Brand-new, she was. She had the smell of a brand-new car. That's just about the finest smell in the world, 'cept maybe for p*ssy.

One of my favorites!!

Also:

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

bigroge1

900 hp of detroit muscle, fast and the furious

mopar goddess

THE CHARGER PUNK

''Did a dadge charrger do that?-police officer

''...i think so......All i saw was a yella Flash!''-truck driver

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry(1974)

Mean 318

"Why the hell don't you sell that car to someone else who has pipe dreams of fixing it"-My mother

This is me and my dad talking over the phone-
Me- Hey dad, I am on my way to the devils run car show"
Dad- Ha ha... very funny
Me- No, I am serious, we have been on the road for about an hour and a half!
Dad- "You mean to tell methat you took that rusty oil leaking Dodge on a three hour road trip when its a hundred degrees outside? GOOD LUCK... Im not coming to get you!"

For the record, the car barely made it home... ha ha

ck1

Its not over tell the fat lady sings?
CJK

Magnumcharger

My favorite from a late 70's HOTROD magazine article....
"If a dozen angels could dance on the head of a pin, then a million could Disco on the top of a Hemi piston!"

My second favorite, from a 1974 Car and Driver magazine article, "In search of the Good Ride (A greenhorn on the loose...)".
In an interview with the tough-guy owner of a Six-Barrel Superbird:
"He had the look in his eyes that a person can only get from seeing the far side of 150 mph...consequently he smoked unfiltered Camel cigarettes, that seemed to puntuate his otherwise banal existance".....
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Lostsheep_01

My favorite from the late, great Johnny Cash:

"I'm a Charger that charges through the night like an orange bolt of lightning, passing everything in sight.  I'm the best pal the Duke boys ever had.  I'm thunder on the highway, lookin' bad, bad, bad."

69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

TylerCharger69

You bought THAT piece of s**t??   It's not staying here!!!

My dad...1981  speaking of a '72 Charger

chargermick

"Absolutely not, you'll kill yourself in it!"
My dad in 1974, a month before I bought my first Charger.

Marck

Haha,....

There's a lot of parent quotes here....  ;D

My own dad also went through the roof, and yelled..
"What the h*ll do you want one of those for....?"

2 months later I bought one... ;)

Brock Samson

my dad said after i purchased the car and upon his first ride...
"What's so special about this car"?

(So I pulled over on the street and gave him a 10 minute lecture that insured he wished he's never asked.  :yesnod:   )

My boss once said...
"Looks like a Black car to me".

(This after a co-worker said "That's Sure is one BADDASSED CHARGER"!!  :icon_smile_wink:   )

Lord Warlock

We took the charger for a test drive after an involved walk around and inspection, with my dad driving the charger, and me following with the mazda rotary wagon.  At 75mph on the interstate, he punches it, takes it to about 120, leaving me wayyy behind.  We drive it back to a parking lot close to where the owner was waiting for our return.

My dad after we went to test drive the charger: "You're gonna kill yourself with that thing"
My response: "maybe, but what a way to go!!"

Dad let me buy it anyway with a grin on his face.  My mom has always hated it.  "you need to sell that money pit"

Helps to have a dad into cars, and has an appreciation towards mopars.  His favorite was a long tube ram inducted 413 powered 300-J.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lostsheep_01

Everytime we talk about my Charger, my dad says, "Why doncha put that thing on E-bay and buy yourself something that you can drive around right now."  I tell him I'm just taking my time so that I get it right.
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Dodge Don

"Nobody with a good car needs to worry 'bout nothin'. nobody with a good car needs to be justified"
Ministry: Jesus Built My Hot Rod