News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One repro flip top gas caps for 69-70 Charger any good?

Started by Blakcharger440, December 16, 2006, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I just ordered a repro flip top gas cap and trim ring from Year One for my 70 Charger RT.
Are these repros any good? Do they look factory? Do they fit very well. Anybody using one?

Charger-Bodie

they are pretty nice but i wiuldnt buy a free doughnut from th  m ...they backorder almost  EVERYTHING but charge you right away their sales people dont usually have a clue ect ect try MEGA PARTS   1 608 452 2045 they stock most things you would need and they are mopar people who only sell good repro parts and used too mostly mopar
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Blakcharger440

Hmmmm...when I ordered my parts they told me they had each and every thing in stock.
But I have ordered from them on many occassion and backorder was what I got.

Does megaparts have a catalog?

bull

jimsautoparts.com has them too. I couldn't tell you about the quality other than hearsay, and I've never ordered anything from Jim's either. I was lucky enough to find an excellent original on Ebay a few years back that cost me less than a repop.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on December 16, 2006, 05:41:48 PM
Hmmmm...when I ordered my parts they told me they had each and every thing in stock.
But I have ordered from them on many occassion and backorder was what I got.

Does megaparts have a catalog?

they have a web site www.megapartsusa.com   but they have far more than there site shows its easiest for me to just call them and see if they have the parts and if they dont they can get it fast . and also like i said before they wont even handle the parts if they arent good quility
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

charger Downunder

I herd the spring in the cap was wrong and the lid wouldnt flip up.I dont know if this has been fixed in the lattest batch.
[/quote]

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on December 16, 2006, 06:28:13 PM
jimsautoparts.com has them too. I couldn't tell you about the quality other than hearsay, and I've never ordered anything from Jim's either. I was lucky enough to find an excellent original on Ebay a few years back that cost me less than a repop.
Be very careful of that vendor....there are plenty of others.  Heard many horror stories.....choose wisely grasshopper

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 16, 2006, 08:01:11 PM
I herd the spring in the cap was wrong and the lid wouldnt flip up.I dont know if this has been fixed in the lattest batch.

I have a repro in mine and lacks the "poppage" of the originals.     Not sure if its the cap or the fact that I have a repro quarter on that side of the car.....
Pushing the button on originals produces a pop that would impress a hooker for sure........sad to say mine needs some Viagara :(  (my repro fuel cap that is ;) )
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 16, 2006, 10:04:51 PM
Quote from: bull on December 16, 2006, 06:28:13 PM
Be very careful of that vendor....there are plenty of others.  Heard many horror stories.....choose wisely grasshopper

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 16, 2006, 08:01:11 PM

I have a repro in mine and lacks the "poppage" of the originals.     Not sure if its the cap or the fact that I have a repro quarter on that side of the car.....
Pushing the button on originals produces a pop that would impress a hooker for sure........sad to say mine needs some Viagara :(  (my repro fuel cap that is ;) )

Now thats funny!  :icon_smile_big:   And Shakey the cap does look good! Thanks for posting a pic!

BigBlockSam

Jims auto parts  sucks . i had to fight them for 6 months for a return on a sixpack air cleaner that was defective from the factory, they never paid me for it.

i was not happy with the gas cap ring from yr 1 . it was kinda dule looking . the chrome was not up to snuff . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Blakcharger440

Well,from the pics it does not look like "show" chrome but its better than what I have.

BigBlockSam

QuoteWell,from the pics it does not look like "show" chrome but its better than what I have 

the one that was on my car looked real bad. looks alot better now. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Blakcharger440

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 17, 2006, 01:58:15 PM
QuoteWell,from the pics it does not look like "show" chrome but its better than what I have 

the one that was on my car looked real bad. looks alot better now. Rene

What did you do to it to make it better???

Shakey

Frank Mitchell of Mitchell Motors in GA may still have some NOS caps and rings.  Last I heard they were going for $850.00 USD.   :scared:

They YO is fine for my car and I'll be the only person opening so the lame spring deal won't bother me.   :pity:

BigBlockSam

i used the yo cap and ring . i shined up the ring as best as possible . Rene

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Shakey on December 17, 2006, 08:16:06 PM

They YO is fine for my car and I'll be the only person opening so the lame spring deal won't bother me. :pity:
Wait till you are mocked by original/NOS ones at car shows..... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 18, 2006, 09:59:11 AM
Quote from: Shakey on December 17, 2006, 08:16:06 PM

They YO is fine for my car and I'll be the only person opening so the lame spring deal won't bother me. :pity:
Wait till you are mocked by original/NOS ones at car shows..... :rotz:

:no:   :nutkick:   :slap:   :moon:   :argue:   :cussing:   :yesnod: