News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My wife and I were talking......

Started by Paul G, August 29, 2005, 09:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

She was saying we have some money in an account at Morgan Stanley (who suck by the way) and suggested to me that we should take it out and buy another old car. The money that is there aint doing sh!t anyway. Old car prices are going up and that money isnt doing much just sitting there. Cars are not good investments but... how much fun can you have with a monthly statement?

I think I can begin to see it her way very quickly.  ;D   :yesnod:

Now what shall we start looking for?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 29, 2005, 09:44:38 PM

I like this one..

Gotta gave a '70...you know, the one with the scoop. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-AMX-390-AUTO-1970-MODEL_W0QQitemZ4571883405QQcategoryZ5357QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I'm with you on the Hudson though, I love those cars...especially 49-52 step-down models.

How much money are we talking about anyway? We'll find you a car... :icon_smile_evil:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jaak

I always liked amx's , I think they are cool cars

Topher

Got a buddy that's selling off abunch of stuff: 2 1966 Chargers 1 is a 383 auto, a/c,ps,pb survivor, and the other is a 1 of 9 Hemi disc brake cars. This car is ROUGH, but is 1 of 9, and has the engine. Along with these 2 cars are mucho parts, NOS and used, there's enough to put the Hemi car together and have plenty left over. He's also selling his 1998 Dodge 3500 x-cab, cummins powered truck and 2 trailers-20 and 28 ft enclosed. All for the AMAZING low price of 65,000 dollars. After this sells he's going to offer up his other Hemi Charger for 60,000 dollars. It's a 66 also but is in great shape. Lemme KNow if interested and I'll get you in touch with him.

Topher
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Wakko

LOTS of the old cars are jumping in value lately.  Cudas, Buick GNX (but you wouldn't want to drive that often), Chargers of course and anything with an 01 on the side!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TheGhost

Go A body!  Find a nice 340 Duster, or Dart.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Honestly it's probably a really bad idea to invest your money in a car.  I don't know how you feel about your cars so it may be Ok for you.  What I mean is that if you tend to get attached then you won't sell the car and the money you put in it doesn't do anything.  When you have to sell to get your profit, could you?  I can't.  Just a thought. :Twocents:
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Badbob

How about a pair of new Harleys, more fun than sitting around at car shows.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

me and my wife have talked also, she agreed, that my 401k was blood money. 25 yrs of working nites. she has no problem with me using it to buy a superbird (my life time dream). we have no place to keep it. so first we need a new house with a monstrer garage. then the bird.

yes honey what ever you say, as long as i get my bird.   :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Paul G

She said she always wanted a Plum Crazy Chally or Cuda. I never really liked the smaller E-body cars. Since we already have a Charger I wont argue. So, seems to me that shopping for an E-body may be in order. Sounds like a winter project doesn't it?

Lets see.... find a great looking 318 S/E and put a crate Hemi in it. What do you think?

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BigBlockSam

E-body's are cool. i want a white 70 challenger, vanishing piont. nice little 440. 425 hp, 4 speed. yea baby!! that movie changed my life. now that i'm older and have mellowed out ( not really)   i need some insperation.     :drive:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

CB

I wish I had such a wife and banc account.
Oh well, enjoy shopping  ;)
BTW, I love 'cudas !!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

What!? She didn't like the Hudson?!..  ;D

bull

Well, the hard part will be figuring out what's out there that will increase the most in value in the next few years, if this is an investment plan. I think the AMC products might be a good route. How much do you have to spend?

Shakey

I love old cars also but if it is the future you are considering, a nest egg if you will, then I suggest property.

41husk

property will always be a good investment, like old cars they won't be making any more property what we have is all there is.  I have a couple pieces of rental property as my retirement fund plus one has a detached garage :icon_smile_big: but if you think classic car prices are crazy look at realestate prices :o
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Dr. V

Quote from: bull on August 30, 2005, 03:33:34 AM
Well, the hard part will be figuring out what's out there that will increase the most in value in the next few years, if this is an investment plan. I think the AMC products might be a good route. How much do you have to spend?

MAX WEDGE car.   I don't see them going down in value anytime soon.

MoparYoungGun

Personally, I would go with either an A Body, E Body, or a '64 Dodge. I'm thinking that an E Body would definitely better a better investment than most other muscle cars but, like other members said, if your actually looking for an investment you should look into realestate. Good luck with your decision :cheers: !

Also, you've really got yourself a great wife to want another classic/project car around :2thumbs: !

4402tuff4u

Realestate - If your looking for investment. Collectible car for hobby and for the love of driving them - investment value or purposes is secondary.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

PocketThunder

buy real estate and build a heated shop to store your mopars in!!! :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

Quotebuy real estate and build a heated shop to store your mopars in!!!   
:iagree:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 30, 2005, 11:25:47 AM
buy real estate and build a heated shop to store your mopars in!!! :icon_smile_big:

And then sell your dream garage. :-\

Bee careful Rene, I did that right after I got hurt (worried), and man did they stick it in me and break it off with taxes.  But you know what, you only live once.  There's a good chance you may never see that money anyways so why not spend it now is the way I looked at it.  I have another union pension to fall back on.
My Daytona is the 401k money, which started out as $24k.  So I think as a investment, it's already paid off.  I know the deal to get it was sweet, it's nice to give the shaft instead of getting it. :icon_smile_big:
And my wife was 100%.  As long as she's taken care of, :-*

Real estate, can't go wrong.  Our house has DOUBLED in value since new.  Of course our monthly payments have went up to cover the extra taxes.

Can't go wrong with an e-body.  Even before prices skyrocketed, they were the most desired and brought the best money.
Or an A12, if you can find one.

Peace out.