News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Hey Bill (AK)....this looks like your Charger but in way worse condition :pity:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

AKcharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 04, 2009, 06:54:23 PM
Hey Bill (AK)....this looks like your Charger but in way worse condition :pity:

Wow, it's like a long lost brother!

Thanks for the kind words on the photos...even added an interesting companion for the car I see!

SeattleCharger

great stance and wheel combo,  very cool   :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

FLG

JPL

FLG

JPL

SeattleCharger

That looks trick.  What do you have in that thing?   what are the rear end gears?   looks tough

ps.   That is one nice garage you have there too.   :yesnod:

JPL

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 15, 2009, 11:53:45 AM
That looks trick.  What do you have in that thing?   what are the rear end gears?   looks tough

ps.   That is one nice garage you have there too.   :yesnod:

This was posted here before, but I'll gladly boast again  ;)

It's a 1971 Dodge Charger SE.
Original big block car, a/c, leather bucket seats, 150 mph speedometer, slap stick auto transmission, disc brakes, black vinyl roof, hide-a-way lights, Magnum 500 wheels, Gun Metal blue exterior/interior.
Bought from original owner in 1986.
Original drivetrain was 383 2brl, a/c, 3 speed auto w/ 8.25 rear, 2.73 gears.
Currently the drivetrain is a '71 440, 30 over, six pack rods, 906 heads, 268/454 lift cam, Torker II polished manifold with a Painted Holley 750 metering block vacuum secondary, chrome bowls, Weiand air cleaner, MP electronic ignition, Acell coil, Taylor Wires, chrome Moroso valve covers, Hooker headers into a stainless steel exhaust w/ polished Supertrapp mufflers. Polished stainless steel firewall, lots of chrome, ie hood hinges, brackets, alternator ect, stainless steel hoses. Custom polished brass radiator cover. A TCI 3 speed street fighter transmission, Autogrip shifter, GER 2800 stall converter, Chetah reverse valve body, deep cooling pan. Front disc brakes, heavy duty sway bar with polished stainless steel brackets, 90/10 Competition Engineering shocks. 8.75 489 case posi rear with 4:30 gears. Weld pro star rims, Mickey Thompson Sportsman pro tires, MP leaf spring relocation kit, custom subframe connectors, Jaz 20 gallon fuel cell in the trunk along with the battery, custom crushed blue velvet. Holley electric fuel pump.
Marc Cross power black leather bucket seats w/ hand pump lumbar and thigh support, new black carpet, and the door panels, headliner, back seat were dyed satin black, Grant GT steering wheel, Autometer gauges, Pioneer AM/FM Cassette, graphic eq, Pyle Tube subwoofer powered by a ADA amp, a Sherwood amp powers JBL titanium 6x9's in back and 4" speakers in the front kick panel.
Painted 2387gm blue back in '87, (could go for a re-spray), original black vinyl roof, re-chromed bumpers, rear spoiler.
And I still have the original unrestored engine, the a/c unit, original transmission, rear end, wheels, bucket seats, shifter, radio & build sheet.

SeattleCharger

wow, thanks for posting that, got a buzz off reading that       :lol:       

:drool5: 

Foreman72

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on November 15, 2009, 03:12:20 PM
wow, thanks for posting that, got a buzz off reading that       :lol:       

:drool5: 

:iagree:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

SG1022

I M lovin the chrom firewall.  The detail you put into the car is astounding, thesmall details are always the best :coolgleamA:

monkele

Hello,

this is my 71 Charger fresh from restoration and paint job is done  :icon_smile_big:

The work still goes on....

monkele

and here another picture....

Best regards

Michael

Foreman72

nice man!! what is the story and what are the plans :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

monkele

Hello Eric....

thanks...and the story is very easy...a friend from me saw the car in Texas...he called me and I bought it  :icon_smile_big:

6 weeks later the car arrived in Karlsruhe / Germany and I start my hobby....to make a old rusty car to a new one....like my 73 Caprice classic convertible.

In normal life I sell Porsches and old Mustangs.  :cheers:

After 7 weeks the bodywork is now already finished....without any fiberglas etc...  :angel: the paintjob is done...and now I start to make a new Interieur... in red leather with black applications. I want to finish the car to April 2010 because at this time our season for US-Car meetings start here in Germany...  :cheers:  also the better weather.

I dont use my Oldies in winter...to wet and to salty streets.

Best regards

Michael

mikesbbody

Looks nice Michael  :2thumbs: welcometo the site  :cheers:

Foreman72

Quote from: mikesbbody on November 16, 2009, 09:04:32 PM
Looks nice Michael  :2thumbs: welcometo the site  :cheers:

:cheers: welcome sir...feel free to start your own thread about it...i'd love to see more pictues :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

sprecks

I just picked this 74 Rallye up 3 weeks ago. It is a 360 Magnum automatic with A/C. It is pretty much a survivor except for the wheels. At least they are period correct slotted dishes. I started doing a clean-up on it and haven't decided what I'm going to do with it just yet. The car was found behind a barn up in northern Michigan and has been sitting for about 5 or 6 years because of a broken torsion bar. Ralley72 (Mike) is helping me out my sending me a replacement. It should be road ready in a couple of weeks. I have fired it up and it runs great.
1971 Challenger Convertible 472 Hemi
1974 Charger Rallye 360
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi

mikesbbody

Akron_Charger

heres mine! not much now but its pretty reliable haha. im a college student so it doesnt get a lot yet. Its a numbers matching 74 with a 400

Akron_Charger

more

Scotty Dave

Hi, found some pics of when mine was last on the road 10 yrs now :'( maybe one day i'll get it back out of the garage....