News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Asking for prayer for my son.... please

Started by TruckDriver, November 27, 2006, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Hopeing for the best DCG....keep the faith !  :angel:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RD

Mark 10:13-15
"13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Prayer first to glorify God and exalt in His greatness.  It is through your praise of Him and his almighty power that miracles are done.  Praise God first, pray to Him through thanksgiving for his miracle brought you the life of your child.  He knows what you desire, and He will answer your prayer, but you must first praise Him in the highest, for He comes first before your needs.  He is the supplanter, He is the giver of life and miracles, and it is only through He that you will receive the answer to your prayer.

Pete, I prayed to our Lord Almighty to provide you and your family with comfort.  I, too, have auditory disabilities.  I still function very well in my vocation and schooling.  This is not the end if his deafness becomes profound, it is just the beginning.  Be the good father that you are, praise God in the highest, and He will guide you and your family through this tribulation.

God bless you and your family.

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mefirst

I really hope your kid will be ok.. Take care DCG...

/Tom

Charger_Fan

My sister had a bad case of meningitis when she was 4 or 5. She recovered, but was left with 10% hearing in one ear & 80% in the other. I don't recall how long it took for her hearing to deteriorate, but I'd bet your son's problem is related to that somehow.

My best wishes go to you & your son, I hope there will be a happy end to the story. :pity:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Being a relatively new Father myself I can't imagine the anguish you must be going through.  The thought of one of my Children in pain makes me want to cry. 

Hang in there and be strong for him.  Perhaps you should go and visit him and take him out for some ice ceam.   :yesnod:  and yes, I am aware that he is a long ways-away, but it'd be worth the trip.

generalsandbandits

RD said it best, I will pray for you, your son and wife. Give your problems to God and let him handle them. There is no way you can handle it alone!
68 Charger 383-2 4spd QQ1 (Project)
68 Charger 383-4 4spd Green (Project)
68 Charger 383-2 Auto Green  Parts (non for sale)
71 New Yorker 440-4 Auto Gold 53k original miles (Driver)
71 Dodge Charger Superbee 383, Auto - EV2 Hemi Orange with Blk/Orange interior - (Project)
71 Dodge Charger Superbee 383 3 spd, GY3 Citron Yella, black bench seat 
73 Charger 318 Auto Triple White SE (Driver)
89 Shelby Dakota 318 Auto White 64k Miles(Driver)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Your son Chris will be in our prayers.  Like others stated its tough to see your kids sick.

Hang in there bro!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

Chris will be in all our thoughts and prayers, we can only hope that there is something that can be done.

You hang in there too.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

chargermick

rare69

prayers being sent! keep your chin up for the little guy and know we are praying for him.

Steve P.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't pray much, but when it comes to our children I have no problem asking for his help. 

I surely hope something changes to give Chris back his hearing. We all live with our problems, but when it comes to kids it destroys me.

Keep him busy with fun and adventure, bro. If he does lose his hearing, you want to make sure he will allways remember the sounds of nature and his Mom and Dads voices. 

Keep him smiling and listening to the sounds of beauty.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

volk68

My family will keep yours in our prayers.  Your son sounds like he is tough...someone to be admired for their ability to overcome adversity...which he no doubt will.  In times of trouble I take great strength from my family and friends, but even more from my faith...I hope this verse will be of some comfort to you, as it has been to me: 

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

my73charger

We are praying in Northern Minnesota!  Keep the faith!  :yesnod:

General_01

Sending one up for him and one for the family. Hope the doctors can find what is causing this and help him. I will also pray that some good fortune will come your way so that you might be able to make a trip down there. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

HITMAN 149

PRAYERS & BEST WISHES sent from JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

I hope everything works out with your son's hearing.  ASL classes might be beneficial, especially with the doctors wanting him to wear hearing protection.  Then, if he doesn't loose his hearing, you and him can use the skills to talk about people behind their backs even to their face. 
Formerly chargerdaytona477

beenaround

prayer sent.being a dad myself i can appreciate the pain you feel.

ChargerAndy

Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours! Hang in there brother! Andy

68isgr8

I hope the doctors can find out the reasoning for your son's hearing loss. My prayers goes out to you, your son and your ex-wife. Stay in much contact as you can with your son. Hang in there DCG, get as much support as you can from friends and family. There are other ways of communicating, as strong as he sounds I'm sure he will be a "bound a determined" little guy to continue that communication with those who surround him with love. I can imagine how hard it is for you to see your son in this condition, but as long as he knows he is loved that is what matters the most. May God be with you and your family....

Elizabeth

Lostsheep_01

My family will keep you and yours in our prayers.  As I father, I can only imagine what you are going through.  Stay strong and update us when possible.
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

1972Rallye

Just said a prayer for Chris... and you... and his Mom... and the doctors that are trying to help him...

BMOTOXSTAR

Keep the faith, prayer sent. :engel016:
Please keep us posted.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger74

Prayer sent.  Can't imagine, but having a 5 month old right now, I know I worry all the time.  I really hope things start to look up for you DCG.

dukeboy_318

you and your son both have my prayers.  i hope that something can be found and wish both of you guys the best of luck and hope everything turn itself around.   :cheers:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.