News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds440

Quote from: Charger001 on June 06, 2007, 07:47:02 PM
Hey there MR. DS440 my friend told me about this site and the service you do....

I've missed you, Andy.  What took you so long?

-------

Internet message boards are silly places.

This is for everyone else:

"Charger001" is actually a guy named Andrew.  I have good reason to believe that he is friends with CHARGER PUNK.  Up until this point, I have chosen not to respond to him, simply because it's a waste of time.  And while I have hesitated to tell this story, I don't want people to get the wrong impression about me, or my intentions.

So sit back, get comfy, and here's the story (and this is the short version).

In late November of last year, I was bored at work and decided to help a fellow board member with a Photoshop job.  Well, that exploded into this wonderful thread you are reading now.  Most of you already knew that.  Like anything there were people who were genuine in their requests, and others who decided to take advantage of the situation.

At that point, I had to make some "rules" or this would get out of hand.  The only real "rule" I have developed is that in order for me to do a rendering, it has to be the requester's actual car.  I was doing a handful of "fantasy cars" and it was getting out of hand.  Basically, it was wasting my time; so I put a stop to it.  Sure, I have done a couple of images out of fun (like the mod-top Daytona) but those are few and far between.

Which leads me to Andrew.

He started off under the name "Andy1416" in late November.  He asked for a Boss Mustang with numerous modifications (see page 2).  That rendering took me about 6 hours.  Immediately after completion, there was a request for a General Lee and a Ram Dually.  I realized instantly that this person, did not, will not, or has never owned any of these vehicles.  I sent him a (rather polite) PM stating that I would prefer to stick to actual project cars.  After some "negotiations" we came to an agreement that I would do his General Lee and that would be it (see page 2).

He came back with another request.  I declined stating our above agreement.  Immediately thereafter, Joe92 was born.

Now Joe92 wanted a '92 Bronco.  Yup a '92 Bronco.  I declined.

What followed has been going on for months.  Typically, I get a PM from him once every couple of weeks asking for various things.  For example, he has requested the following:

'92 Bronco
VW Beetle
VW Beetle (another one)
Buick Grand National (see page 5)
Challenger T/A
Camaro (I think?)
Boss Mustang (another one)
Challenger (another one)

The Challenger (the last one) was requested on May 28th.

-------

Now in between one of his requests, "Jack Is Quick" was born (sometime in late January).  Jack lead a short life (only one PM), in which he requested a Camaro.  I responded, ahem, rather curtly.  Realizing, of course, who this person was.

-------

Back to Andy (or Joe or whoever).

Well, now I see that "Charger001" has been born.  What Andy doesn't realize is that I am not as stupid as he thinks I am.  The car he has requested is almost identical to the previous ones.  Furthermore, he doesn't realize that he has "patterns."  I won't say what those patterns are (I enjoy the upper hand), but there are things that only he does.  It's amusing.  Oh, and one of his buddies unknowingly ratted on him (whoops!).

Just for fun - compare his previous Boss Mustang (page 18) to the one Charger001 has requested.

So, let's review.  We have Andy1416, Joe92, Jack Is Quick, and Charger001 who is the same person who has requested (by my count) at least 13 different images (of which, I have done two).

-------

You might be asking, "why haven't you reported this to the mods?"  Quite frankly, they already have to play babysitter too much as it is.  I really don't think that this is a real problem.  Just some bored teenager who thinks he is pretty clever.  He seems to have the impression that I am "pissed" at him.  Not true.  I'm more "amused" than anything.  So instead of flaming the kid or getting into an argument with him - I just ignore him.  It's easy.  No muss, no fuss.  Just ignore him.

....and that's what I will continue to do.  However, I don't want people who are on the fence about asking for help to be afraid come forward.  I really don't mind helping people out.  I realize how beneficial it can be to "see" what your car will look like before you spend thousands of dollars on parts or paint, only to be displeased with the results.

Furthermore, I figure that if we as a community can bring together our collective talents and work together, we can all have bitchin' rides.  Firefighter and Chryco know engines, Chris and Geno know production numbers, and I can draw pretty pictures.  They spend their time helping out fellow board members and regardless of some people, I will continue to do the same. ;)

Internet message boards are silly places.  :icon_smile_cool:

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 06, 2007, 08:35:18 PM
Lets see.....7 requests @ $50 a request, the total owing for his photoshop greatness is....$350.

...and for the record. 

By my count I have 18 separate renderings for you.  Also, the company I work for charges $125 per hour for my services.  When I do freelance, I charge between $65 - $100 per hour depending on type of work/circumstances/etc.

Just a FYI.... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Holy Smokes.... :o :o  :o Honestly, I'm not really  shocked by reading that..... 'caus there's always that "special somebody" out there who pushes the limit of a another guys good intentions  :icon_smile_dissapprove: . Thanks to DS, a lot of us have been the recipient of an invaluable service by a good natured Mopar disciple  :angel: - - so whoever you are Andy, don't piss him off!!  :flame:   We're watching you now.  :scope:

How many guys do you know who would say this: 

"I don't want people who are on the fence about asking for help to be afraid come forward.  I really don't mind helping people out.  I realize how beneficial it can be to "see" what your car will look like before you spend thousands of dollars on parts or paint, only to be displeased with the results"   "....furthermore, I figure that if we as a community can bring together our collective talents and work together, we can all have bitchin' rides.  Firefighter and Chryco know engines, Chris and Geno know production numbers, and I can draw pretty pictures".

DS440 is truly a class act.   :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:

Brock Samson

Yes,.. If there's anything i can do to return the favors of your photoshopping for me, please let me know...  :yesnod:   :bow:

70charger_boy

I hope I wasn't a pain to you Ds.  You truly are talented

Troy

It appears that someone has figured out an annoying use of throwaway email addresses. However, I can confirm that all four of those members are the same. :flame:

I swear ds440, your fan club is starting to rival NYCMille's... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ds440

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 07, 2007, 09:51:47 AM

DS440 is truly a class act.   :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:

Nope.  It's an act.  I'm a total assh*le.

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 07, 2007, 10:43:28 AM
Yes,.. If there's anything i can do to return the favors of your photoshopping for me, please let me know...  :yesnod:   :bow:

Absolutely - paint your car that Sunburst!!!! :coolgleamA:

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 07, 2007, 10:46:34 AM
I hope I wasn't a pain to you Ds.  You truly are talented

Not at all.  My pleasure. ;)

Quote from: Troy on June 07, 2007, 11:23:45 AM
It appears that someone has figured out an annoying use of throwaway email addresses. However, I can confirm that all four of those members are the same. :flame:

That's what I figured.   :rotz:

Quote from: Troy on June 07, 2007, 11:23:45 AM

I swear ds440, your fan club is starting to rival NYCMille's... ;)

LOL - not quite.  Although the going rate for my autograph is $10 a pop. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HITMAN 149

:iagree: !!!!!!!!!! as my offer for some  :cheers: still stands if you (or anyone of our fine DC.com members) ever swings by jersey!!! just shoot me an note!!!!!!!  yes..even you brock/strat/dave!!! LOL!!!!!  :D

-JOHN
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

73ChargerSE

DS,

I have enjoyed all the work you have done for everyone.  I have one simple (hopefully) favor.  Can you do a rendering of a '73 SE in JY3 Honey Gold with a white top and bulge hood on a white background? If you don't have the time or whatever, it's completely fine.  Let me know if I can do anything.

Thanks!
Paul

ds440

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on June 07, 2007, 02:23:36 PM
DS,

I have enjoyed all the work you have done for everyone.  I have one simple (hopefully) favor.  Can you do a rendering of a '73 SE in JY3 Honey Gold with a white top and bulge hood on a white background? If you don't have the time or whatever, it's completely fine.  Let me know if I can do anything.

Thanks!
Paul

Sure thing.  What kind of rims?  Magnums?  Rallyes? ...something else?

What about interior color?

73ChargerSE

Just magnums would be fine, maybe a bit wider in back.  White/parchment interior. Can you do one with and without a chin spoiler?

Thank you so much.

DC_1

DS, you seem like your not all that upset about the individual yanking your chain. That's good cause I for one really like this thread and enjoy your work. Dont let'm spoil it for the rest of us that actually have cars and value your renderings.

Darren

Charger001

Dear MR.DS440

Iam Andy's Uncle Craig thank you very much, also. We both love the Boss Mustang and wanted 2 done mine being a little differnt then his. He has a very severe case of ADHD and doesn't mean to act all hyper he forgets to take his meds alot of times and he is very impatient because of this. He wanted me to tell you that he was very sorry and I also say the same for him since you don't want to reply to him. He was the one that told me about this site and we have no affiliation to Joe or Jack, Andy's computer got hacked and someone messed it up they also messed up his hotmail account and his account on this site and made those ones. Iam truly sorry for the way he acted and he is to please forgive him for his behavior he is now sent to a doctor everyday after school to help him with his hyperactivity and he is doing alot better now.
But you shouldn't treat poeople like that, when they have a severe case of ADHD. Please do this car for me it will be so helpful, I have a Boss Mustang at home it's just my camera doesn't take very good pictures so I used that one off the internet. Thanks for your time, Craig.

ds440

Quote from: Charger001 on June 07, 2007, 05:27:29 PM
Dear MR.DS440

Iam Andy's Uncle Craig thank you very much, also. We both love the Boss Mustang and wanted 2 done mine being a little differnt then his. He has a very severe case of ADHD and doesn't mean to act all hyper he forgets to take his meds alot of times and he is very impatient because of this. He wanted me to tell you that he was very sorry and I also say the same for him since you don't want to reply to him. He was the one that told me about this site and we have no affiliation to Joe or Jack, Andy's computer got hacked and someone messed it up they also messed up his hotmail account and his account on this site and made those ones. Iam truly sorry for the way he acted and he is to please forgive him for his behavior he is now sent to a doctor everyday after school to help him with his hyperactivity and he is doing alot better now.
But you shouldn't treat poeople like that, when they have a severe case of ADHD. Please do this car for me it will be so helpful, I have a Boss Mustang at home it's just my camera doesn't take very good pictures so I used that one off the internet. Thanks for your time, Craig.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You messed up again, Andy.

1) You should have said that you were JOE's uncle.  See the Mustang that Joe wanted (page 18) is identical to the one that you want (page 21).  Yet you claim to have no affiliation with Joe?

2) So a person hacked into Andy's computer, and used his hotmail account simply to ask for Photoshopped renderings of non-mopars on a Mopar based website.  Fascinating.

3) You have ADHD (or your "nephew" does)?  Wow.  That might be the only truth you've ever told me.  Are you sure it's "not-so-multiple personality disorder"....?

4) Not an expert, but aren't there only like 500 429 Mustangs?  And yet you don't have a decent pic of one you "own"?  You didn't make the tragic mistake of trying to have them developed down at the local London Drug did you?!  They lose pictures down there.

5) I shouldn't treat people like that.  Uh huh.  I want to thank you.  In essence you have verified all of my previous statements.  Now all the good people of dodgecharger.com can see how you operate.

Guys do you see now?  The charades he goes through are hilarious! :hah: :rofl:

Quote from: Sydmoe on June 07, 2007, 04:10:02 PM
DS, you seem like your not all that upset about the individual yanking your chain. That's good cause I for one really like this thread and enjoy your work. Dont let'm spoil it for the rest of us that actually have cars and value your renderings.

Darren

Thanks, Darren.  I appreciate that.  It's hard to take these guys seriously (see above).

73ChargerSE - I'm working on your pics still.  Should be done tomorrow morning sometime. :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Wow, 18 requests.. :o

But I have to give you a BIG thanks for all the photoshopping you've done for me DS!!!!  :notworthy:

And involving the whole Boss Mustang, Andy thing.... :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: ds440 on June 07, 2007, 06:08:12 PM

Guys do you see now?  The charades he goes through are hilarious! :hah: :rofl:

I thought I made up stupid stories..... :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charger_boy

Quote from: Charger001 on June 07, 2007, 05:27:29 PM
Dear MR.DS440

Do you have adhd or aids?

Charger001

at least give me a pointer how do u paint the cars that nicely

70charger_boy

TUFCAT

Hey Charger001 - I think the jig is up   >:( >:( >:(  Get outta Dodge - sort of speak.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

ds440

--------
"Charger001

« Sent to: ds440 on: Today at 07:50:39 PM »

youre an asshole"
--------

:2thumbs:

TUFCAT

If there was ever a time to ban someone - - this would be it.

DC_1

guess he has Tourette's as well eh

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Sydmoe on June 07, 2007, 09:22:04 PM
guess he has Tourette's as well eh
Wow, ADHD, multiple personalities and Tourettes. He better go to the Doc more then once a day. :pity:

Troy

Even though I get a kick out of watching people dig themselves deeper and deeper... let's try to keep this thread on track. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.