News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In search of cheap upgrades/replacements

Started by aifilaw, August 29, 2005, 01:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aifilaw

As I look at my tired flat leafs I remember that sooner or later I need to get around to redoing the suspension on the charger. I'm not really worried about weight, and looking to slowly turn this car into something that can do well on cornering and the Reno 500.
I haven't run the math on exactly what rating I want in lb/in for the front torsion bar and the rear leafs, but something to the effect of twice what the factory will be probably my taste. Aka 3-400 lb/in leafs and 1-1/4+" torsion bar... I'll be adding a sway to the front and rear, big one for the fron't not so much on the rear and so on.
I'm wondering what's a cheap avenue here, I can't afford 4-600 plus shipping for some special buildup, are there interchangable used leafs I can yank from a new head-on collisioned dodge truck?
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

RallyeMike

400 lbs leaf springs  :o              I don't know about intechange, but try circle track shops like

www. speedwaymotors.com 

They are a lot cheaper than you think.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

aifilaw

Its really not all that impressive when you consider some stock vehicles these days have 400 lb/in rear leafs.

What options do I have for something with less compressive force?

RallyeMike

Speedway, for example, sells Super Stock leaf springs from 150 - 225 llbs.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

aifilaw

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 04, 2005, 08:35:59 PM
Speedway, for example, sells Super Stock leaf springs from 150 - 225 llbs.

yes, but I was hoping for something a little less than $100 per side. :(

Chryco Psycho

add a main leaf with the ends cut off from a donor set from a wreckers , & use new U bolts