News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Toronto Area Members - Friday Night Beers?

Started by Shakey, November 24, 2006, 02:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

It's Friday night, the kids will be in bed by 8:00 PM   :sleep:   :thumbs:, the Wifes got a headache   ::)   :rotz:  so we're headin' out for a few beers.   :cheers:

If anyone is interested in joining myself & Dodge Don to hoist a few tonight - you're more than welcome!

Every once-in-awhile Don & and I hook up for a few beers at a bar that is just around the corner from where we live.  Don has also put the invite out to Nick, another local fellow that is restoring a '70 Charger R/T.

Jimmy Heroes is a sports bar that is on the SE corner of Hwy. # 25 (Bronte Rd.) and Hwy. # 5 (Dundas St.) in Oakville.  We will be meeting there at 9:00 PM.

http://www.jimmyheroes.com/contact.html

I realize it's short notice but that's how it goes when taking all the factors (work, Children, Wife) into consideration.  If not this time, perhaps the next time, whenever that may be.

Dodge Don

kamkuda

I could use a beer  :icon_smile_tongue: but it would take a little long to get there,

Rob

rare69

i will put a few down for ya tonight in washington state. wish i could join you guy's but the drive home would be brutal.

greatwn73

let me know if your doing it again in the future

Pistolpete

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

69chargeryeehaa

i would have come too, but i'm only reading this today. :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

:bump:   :cheers:   :yesnod:   :punkrocka:

Dodge Don & I have plans to meet again on Friday February 16th at the same place mentioned in the original post from back in November.  Last time, we were joined by another fellow from the '70 site, Nick70RT (I think that's his user name) and we had a decent time swapping restoration stories, tips and tricks.

If anyone is interested, we'll see you there around 9:00 PM.

It's not a very big place and doesn't get too busy so figuring out who we are won't be difficult.

I'll give this thread periodic bumps as we get closer to the date.

DC_1

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

mikepmcs

Let me add that you guys are the nicest/greatest people to party with in the world.  I always enjoyed going to Greenwood.  All I can say is we could take a lesson in hospitality from you friends.  Always a few cases at the bottom of the ladder when we got off the P-3.  Of course the fun ended when the 2 teams hit the ice(but we did some Navy training too, don't worry).  No, I don't play but my squadron would either host or travel up there every year for a game. They used to let me keep score and ref a little while I  drank the whole time.  It was easier keeping the score with my 3.2 beer though back here in Maine, let me tell you. :icon_smile_big: 

Sounds like fun :icon_smile_cool:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Dan T

Quote from: Shakey on February 07, 2007, 01:30:51 PM
:bump:   :cheers:   :yesnod:   :punkrocka:

Dodge Don & I have plans to meet again on Friday February 16th at the same place mentioned in the original post from back in November.  Last time, we were joined by another fellow from the '70 site, Nick70RT (I think that's his user name) and we had a decent time swapping restoration stories, tips and tricks.

If anyone is interested, we'll see you there around 9:00 PM.

It's not a very big place and doesn't get too busy so figuring out who we are won't be difficult.

I'll give this thread periodic bumps as we get closer to the date.

I'll see if I can make it that night. Sounds like fun.
I've driven past the place many times..
Keep you guys posted..

Dan
:icon_smile_approve:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Shakey

:bump:

A reminder for those who are considering it and a notice to the ones that may have missed it!

Sydmoe & Dan - look forward to meeting you!   :cheers:

Dodge Don

Dan T

Quote from: Shakey on February 12, 2007, 08:10:19 AM

A reminder for those who are considering it and a notice to the ones that may have missed it!

Likewise,
Sounds like I'll be able to make it!!

Lookin forward to it!

:cheers:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Shakey on February 12, 2007, 08:10:19 AM

Dan T

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Dodge Don

I should be there just after 9pm.  I'll have a black jacket & jeans.

Dan T

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

friday is my nite out with the boys but Toronto  is to far away  >:(  maybe next time ;)
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Dan T

Mike & Don,
Had a great time chatting it up with you guys!
Thanks for the hospitality, next time it's on me.
Gotta hit the hay, up at 6 tomorrow..

Have a good one!!
:icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

DC_1

Figures....I put on my new jeans and was getting ready to head down for a night of beers and Charger B.S. and wifey calls me from Horseshoe the ski hill about an hour north of me. She took my truck and picked up the kids from school and thought she would bring them skiing since I was planning to be out for the night. (and also my idea of recreation involves having to put gas in something) Well they headed in for hot chocolate after a few runs and the wife realizes she didn't zipper her pocket and has lost her money. On further examination she find out not only her money is gone but she also lost the keys to my truck and her cell phone........sometimes I wonder how she has gotten this far in life.......anyway, I had to ditch the DC.com meet in favour of a rescue. I just got home a little while ago. Those keys are like $180 and the cell phone I just got her for Xmas so there goes another $350!

Sorry fellas....lets plan another next month.

73dodge

Sorry Mike, I have finished my sentence at CIBC for now and they let me go home. Might be back up there in April or May but as for now no more. Would have like to joined you guys.........
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Shakey

Sydmoe & Joe - no worries, we'll do it again sometime soon.

Dan & Don -  :cheers:   :thumbs:

I'll bump this thread in a month or so.   :yesnod:

Dodge Don