News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grandma Sleeper

Started by Charger Aficionado, November 23, 2006, 06:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I'd laugh at thiis if I saw it on the street.  I think my Granny had one just like it (serious)...  Goes to show why people respect the pentastar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Plymouth-Hemi-Four-speed-1966-Plymouth-Hemi-4-Speed-with-22-067-original-miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6387QQihZ012QQitemZ220051141207

Hemidog

tan top

Quote from: Hemidog on November 23, 2006, 06:54:12 AM
wow!  :o
:iagree:    sure  would like that ,   HEMI with a 4 speed     :drive:     
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

Sweet.   :2thumbs:   It'd probably fool a lot of people tho.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

dkn1997

I'm still gonna need more than 4 sentences before I would plunk down that kind of cash.  At least he put a good amount of pictures in, though.

excellent sleeper.
RECHRGED

rt green

if he claims it hooks up good, dont belive him
third string oil changer

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

blackcharger

Brock Samson

wow a pillered two door sweeeeet! It's hard to belive they sold cars as plain as this,.. i wonder what the weight is?... 

Red Ram

It's the little old lady from Pasadena

The little old lady from Pasadena
Go granny, go granny, go granny go
Has a pretty little flower bed of white gardenias
Go granny, go granny, go granny go
But parked in her rickety old garage
Is a brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

dads_69

The are two cars like that here. Won of them is green other is blue. Green car is a 4 speed also blue is auto. I heard the 4 speed car is like 1 of 33 or so, and auto car is number 11 or 12 of however many were built.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

68isgr8

Mefirst

Thats the ultimate sleeper.. I can actually picture an old granny, with a flower hat on her head, driving that thing down the street.. At the traffic lights some kids pull up along side her with their winged and sticker tuned Toyota.. Granny looks over, flips the kids the middle finger howdy, shifts the stick into 1st.. and when the light turns green she hammers the throttle....

ChargerSG

:yesnod: wouldent mind having that sleeper...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

68isgr8

Quote from: Mefirst on November 23, 2006, 07:11:49 PM
Thats the ultimate sleeper.. I can actually picture an old granny, with a flower hat on her head, driving that thing down the street.. At the traffic lights some kids pull up along side her with their winged and sticker tuned Toyota.. Granny looks over, flips the kids the middle finger howdy, shifts the stick into 1st.. and when the light turns green she hammers the throttle....

You read my mind!  :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: rt green on November 23, 2006, 10:30:13 AM
if he claims it hooks up good, dont belive him
I don't either, that thing would probably broil the hides until the cows came home.

It would be cool to cruise around in, though. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tttaziz

How correct and original is the Valiant steering wheel?

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Mefirst on November 23, 2006, 07:11:49 PM

:icon_smile_big:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ghoste

Quote from: tttaziz on November 24, 2006, 12:27:15 AMHow correct and original is the Valiant steering wheel?

Good eye.  I like the woodgrain wheels as much as anybody but I'm pretty sure it wasn't available in the Belvedere for 66 and if you're looking at a car that is going to become 135 thousand dollar garage art officially blessed by the guru, you might as well get all the details right.
If I had that kind of cash though, I suppose it'd be easy enough to try and find a correct NOS one.

69_500

The only way it would be better is if it was a 4 door.

bull

I've heard of people ordering cars as sleepers from the factory, ie., intentionally asking dealers to leave off or remove Hemi and R/T badges so they could use the "shock and awe" method of street racing back in the day. But I've never heard anyone fess up to it personally. Have you guys?

SeattleCharger

I see now this was mentioned before, but I was just looking at the pics and saw the clutch and shifter,   :eek: :scared: .  At first figured because it was being called a grandma sleeper that it was an auto trans.  Granny would need skills to drive that car around in the rain without some serious slippage.   What are the odds that it has a sure grip rear end? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ghoste

Quote from: bull on November 25, 2006, 01:02:34 PM
I've heard of people ordering cars as sleepers from the factory, ie., intentionally asking dealers to leave off or remove Hemi and R/T badges so they could use the "shock and awe" method of street racing back in the day. But I've never heard anyone fess up to it personally. Have you guys?

I think it happened fairly frequently.  But in 1966, the Mopars were pretty vanilla as it was.  Hemi badges were very small and let's not forget the very earliest 66 Plymouth ones that were "HP2".  Who would ever guess what that was.  And, what could be plainer than any of the Max Wedge cars?  That was one of the things that hurt Mopar sales IMO.  Chrysler was all about engineering and results whereas GM was about flash and perceptions.  The kids at the drive-ins may have watched in awe as a Hemi anything went screaming by in a stoplight war, but they were wearing SS t-shirts.