News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Experts Wanted:

Started by JohnnyBee, November 19, 2006, 08:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

ICCA

http://www.iccahome.org/

The ICCA (International Chrysler Collectors Association) Restoration and Judging Guidelines Reference Manual is in the final phase of completion. As seen in the December 2006 issue of Mopar Collectors Guide this reference manual is shaping up to be the ultimate Mopar reference manual to assist the restorer, event judges, enthusiasts and collectors gain a better understanding about Mopar vehicles. However, to efficiently and effectively develop Section # 10 of this manual we need your assistance!

Section # 10 of the manual will be dedicated to specific make, model and year.  This information will be used in section # 10 to point out the finer points that some people do not know. This will also ensure that judging and evaluation of vehicles is consistent and not subjective to someone's opinion.

We are looking for individuals, registries, clubs, etc. with expert reference knowledge who are willing to advance the Mopar hobby to the next level by contributing information and willing to work with us. Our initial focus is developing the finer points of each performance model between the years of 1963 - 74. 

We are currently assigning specific make, model and year to each expert for them to provide as much information as possible about that vehicle.  If you have desire, knowledge, experience, dedication and passion to participate in the advancement of the Mopar collector car hobby, please contact us for additional information and details. Your contribution to the  manual will be noted on our web site and within the manual.

Ghoste

I don't have any expertise to offer, but in my desire to get some, I'm wondering if you folks are going to be selling these manuals or will people have to learn the judging standards through trial and error?

JohnnyBee

Yes a manual will be available assign by specific make, model and year. The reference manual is used to assist the restorer, and event judges. This will also ensure that judging and evaluation of vehicles is consistent and not subjective to someone's opinion. It is not a compation on who is 1st, 2nd or 3rd at a show, but a standard of how your vehicles compete against a defined standard of authenticity. Each vehicle will achieve a grade level that is recognized and accepted by the Mopar community.

More info at: http://www.iccahome.org/

Ghoste

Any idea yet what the cost will be for a manual?  Also, I can't seem to find a spot to register on your site.  It asks for a log in but...?

JohnnyBee

Login is for Participants that have had a vehicle judged and certification. But we do have many images of "REFERENCES" open to all.
No price yet for the manual. The 1st manual will be out by 1st quarter of 2007.

472 R/T SE

While everyone checks out the site, http://www.iccahome.org/, they should think about ordering the bolt book, would make a great X-mas present.  :icon_smile_wink:  A necessity IMO.

hemi-hampton

Will this Manual be like what the Corvette Restorers allready have for those NCRS Bloomington gold cars? Curious, LEON.

JohnnyBee

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 24, 2006, 01:16:10 AM
Will this Manual be like what the Corvette Restorers allready have for those NCRS Bloomington gold cars? Curious, LEON.

I dont know, I have not seen the Corvette Manual. What the ICCA is trying to do is establish a common judging process of Mopar vehicles. The objective of this program is to eliminate the variation and subjectivity. If you can help please call Dave at 248-393-3970

69_500

Just out of curiousity but who do you guys have down as reference's for the AERO cars. IE, 69 Charger 500's, 69 Daytona's and 70 Superbirds?

JohnnyBee

Quote from: 69_500 on November 25, 2006, 12:10:28 PM
Just out of curiousity but who do you guys have down as reference's for the AERO cars. IE, 69 Charger 500's, 69 Daytona's and 70 Superbirds?

I dont know, you can contact Dave at moparrmotors@comcast.net or by phone at 248.393.3970 and see who he has for them. He is building the team now.

69_500

I just know that I have a few people I would say would be great to have for those cars in particular. However whether or not they would be interested in doing such a thing, is another story in itself.

Dodge Don

The 70 Registry will help where it can on 70 Chargers. Between the membership there and the Registry database we can pretty well determine what is correct.