News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

thought I would share. 71 Hemi Charger. *UPDATED PICS*

Started by Khyron, November 17, 2006, 10:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Heading to B-J huh.....Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Guess he didn't do the car for love eh? How long did it take them to slap it together?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Khyron

well, The owner didn't do it for love, but the garage is heavy into Mopars. So it was assembled with care and respect. As well as 100% factory correct :2thumbs:

They had it for a few months. The reason for the last Minute was getting all the factory correct pieces that it needed, as well as all those last minute things that happen ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Hemidoug

Quote from: Khyron on January 15, 2007, 11:56:46 AM
well, The owner didn't do it for love, but the garage is heavy into Mopars. So it was assembled with care and respect. As well as 100% factory correct :2thumbs:

They had it for a few months. The reason for the last Minute was getting all the factory correct pieces that it needed, as well as all those last minute things that happen ;)

Well, good for him. I know it takes me years to put a car together so they must have some great sources. I'm sure it was put together with just enough care to maximize profit. Shame that car went to a flipper instead of a good home.....The next owner won't have a clue as to what it took to get that car restored. That's the part of ownership that means the most. It's like having a one night stand, you get your rocks off but in the end you walk away with nothing.....

terrible one

"Badass Ben" looks just like my friend's dog "Bud", who is scared of the water he drinks along with everything else. That struck me as funny.

Oh yeah, the Charger looks pretty boss too!

Khyron

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 15, 2007, 12:44:44 PM
Well, good for him. I know it takes me years to put a car together so they must have some great sources. I'm sure it was put together with just enough care to maximize profit. Shame that car went to a flipper instead of a good home.....

I think thats a bit out of line. Your making a character generalization that I don't think is needed or warrented. That car was put together with just as much care as any car that goes through this garage, and you can bet your ass that more then most garages. and by saying that it was put together with just enough is a bullshit statement that you have no facts or information to base anything on. If you want to comment about the owner flipping the car, thats your prerogative. I don't talk about things I don't know about, maybe it's time you take that lesson.

also, they do have some great sources up here.

QuoteThe next owner won't have a clue as to what it took to get that car restored.

once again, you have no idea what your talking about, because of the rarity of this car there is basically a picture of almost every bolt taken on that car. It was stripped down and media blasted to it's metal. So again. knowledge is a wonderful thing. Long days and Late nights get cars done right. Just because it takes you awhile doesn't mean that there may be people more capable and have a large group of people to help.

QuoteThat's the part of ownership that means the most. It's like having a one night stand, you get your rocks off but in the end you walk away with nothing.....

That part I understand and agree. I like doing my own work, see my thread about my Charger. But what gives you the right to pass your judgement on someone who may be unable to do what we do?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

71 RT

Do you have the lot number at Barrettt-Jackson?  I see 2 other 1971 Charger R/t's, but I did not see this one, unless I just missed it. 

Hemidoug

While I agree with you on a lot of what you said, I'm really not trying to come down on the guy. I'm just commenting on what you have said about it that's all. The guy who bought it and is paying to have it restored is obviously in a hurry to sell it at B-Js. I find that just a little funny, don't you? How many times is he going to take it to a show between now and then? How many times is he going to wring it out before he dumps it? It is pretty obvious to the casual observer that he is flipping the car. I'm just commenting on how casual it is for someone who owns a rare and desirable car like that, pays to have his "baby" restored, and turns around to dump it at B-Js. I find it surreal, that's all. I wish the guy luck, I really do, I hope he makes some boo-koo bucks. It is a shame that we probably won't get to see it up and personal at any cruises or car shows.  I know if I had gone through all that expense, I would have hung on to it for a little while after it was done, wouldn't you? I am not trying to be one sided in this, I guess I'm not into the hobby to make money, I'm into it because I love Mopars. I am glad to see another one saved. I just hope it goes to someone who appreciates it for more then it's potential as an investment.

Khyron

I Don't have the Lot number, it's a late entry. It will be entered Tuesday, thats when it will get down, The guys left last night to trailer it to AZ, as soon as I know, I'll post up. I for one can't wait to see how it does. I was there when They got it, I was there right before it left.

The thing is utterly gorgeous in person!

here it was before it was started. It was nice and solid at least  :icon_smile_big:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 15, 2007, 04:54:38 PM
While I agree with you on a lot of what you said, I'm really not trying to come down on the guy. I'm just commenting on what you have said about it that's all. The guy who bought it and is paying to have it restored is obviously in a hurry to sell it at B-Js. I find that just a little funny, don't you? How many times is he going to take it to a show between now and then? How many times is he going to wring it out before he dumps it? It is pretty obvious to the casual observer that he is flipping the car. I'm just commenting on how casual it is for someone who owns a rare and desirable car like that, pays to have his "baby" restored, and turns around to dump it at B-Js. I find it surreal, that's all. I wish the guy luck, I really do, I hope he makes some boo-koo bucks. It is a shame that we probably won't get to see it up and personal at any cruises or car shows.  I know if I had gone through all that expense, I would have hung on to it for a little while after it was done, wouldn't you? I am not trying to be one sided in this, I guess I'm not into the hobby to make money, I'm into it because I love Mopars. I am glad to see another one saved. I just hope it goes to someone who appreciates it for more then it's potential as an investment.

I hear you. I may have just read to deep into the post and thought it was a knock on Vintage. I hear you. The car's whole reason was to go to Auction. There are a few guys in this area that do buy to sell, and some of the cars do go through Vintage Motorsports up here. While I personally agree with some of what your saying. I also love the blood and sweat I put into my Charger, I view this as an opportunity to get some kick ass pictures of some cars that I may never get to see again, and the share them here. Sorry If I came across harsh, just mis read what you meant.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Hemidoug

Dude, that's OK. It's great that you posted up the pics. I love to see a car like that brought back. It just seems a little rushed at the end. I know people are in this to make money. It's just when I see it like this it seems so surreal. That car is someones dream car. A car like that is dreamed about for years and years. I just find it hard to put myself in the place of flipper when it comes to a car like that. Guess I have more passion about the car then about the money.......

AZ-Nick

Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

Khyron

unfortunatly not up here in NY, it was still im primer when we had that nice week, hopefully the guys will take some pics in AZ and i'll scan / post them up.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Goldfinger71

The car looks great!
You know what's pretty funny,my 71 R/T when I found it years ago also had 72 Rallye doors on!..But get this it is also a Lynch rd car...and it's also a GY9 car! :yesnod: :laugh:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Hemidoug

Khyron, any word on when this is going on the block? No mention of it on the BJ web site yet......

Khyron

from what I understood Saturday. I haven't heard from the guys yet, i'm hoping they made it ontime.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jasonfromIKILLYA

sweet.  I'll be watching for it!  My girlfriend is going to hate me this weekend, but it makes up for all of the hours of Project Runway!!  :)

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, and since I'm an ass.....

there is absolutely no need to get all worked up about where this car goes and how it gets there, and who owns it. There are allot more of them out there.  just calm down

ps - I didn't actually read all the bickering so that comment may be way off piont
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Khyron

UPDATE....

I was wrong, it's not BJ, it's Russo Steele also in Scottsdale??!?!?!

can you post on dodge charger.com that the car has been delivered to russo steele auction and will be going through the line tomarrow evening.

71 HEMI Dodge Charger RT

http://www.russoandsteele.com/pdf/russo_so7_sat.pdf

Run  Number S716
CONS # 6780

Aprox, time 7:35pm

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

There are a few auction companies who kick off the season this week in Arizona.  B-J was just the first one to televise it.

mikesbbody

I was surprised that nobody decoded he tag after the pic was posted im no good at decoding is there anyone that would do it? Id be interested to see what options this hemi charger has hemidoug can you help? anyone?

konigcharger

other than engine and color this is all it said

N96 Fresh Air Hood
C16 Console w/ Buckets
V68 Delete Stripes
26   26" Radiator

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

mikesbbody

thanks, wow it really was a low option hemi charger not that there's aything wrong with that

Hemidoug

Quote from: Khyron on January 19, 2007, 10:49:45 PM
UPDATE....

I was wrong, it's not BJ, it's Russo Steele also in Scottsdale??!?!?!

can you post on dodge charger.com that the car has been delivered to russo steele auction and will be going through the line tomarrow evening.

71 HEMI Dodge Charger RT

http://www.russoandsteele.com/pdf/russo_so7_sat.pdf

Run  Number S716
CONS # 6780

Aprox, time 7:35pm

So how did it do? Judging by the auction results at B-J, did it hold firm or go the way of the Hemi E bodies?

Khyron

I've been trying to check the site to see how it did, the guys who brought it down haven't returned my call yet.

Hopefully we'll find out soon.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

konigcharger

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 21, 2007, 04:44:17 AM
thanks, wow it really was a low option hemi charger not that there's anything wrong with that

not necessarily, like i said its a lynch rd. car, they didn't put many codes on the tags like st. louis or hamtrack did the only way to know what kind of options this car came with would be the build sheet

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

mikesbbody

i didnt know that! still a very cool hemi charger reguardless of the options (or lack of)