News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger or not?

Started by Arthu®, November 15, 2006, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthu®

A dutch bank is advertising with a winter check. They used a classic car in the background. At first I thought 2nd gen Charger, but now I am not too sure anymore. What do you guys think it is?
Striving for world domination since 1986

MorePwr

Back window leads me to think first gen or  Cuda.  but.... :shruggy:

Brock Samson

seat material says either coronet or Satt.. the roofline says first gen... behind seat area is different..
i think..

41husk

seats look to be A body, not B body.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

HITMAN 149

too much open space behind the rear seat...like a 66-67 charger!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? ::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

68 RT

old man

Not a first gen Charger no trim on drivers door where his arm is sitting.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

topduarte

It is a 1st gen charger, some owners have removed the chrome trim on the 1st gens.

I will take a pic of my 1st gen at the same angle tomorrow. ;D

69charger2002

i also think it's a 1st gen charger
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

MorePwr

Quote from: topduarte on November 15, 2006, 10:45:07 PM
It is a 1st gen charger, some owners have removed the chrome trim on the 1st gens.

I will take a pic of my 1st gen at the same angle tomorrow. ;D

:popcrn:

Rolling_Thunder

its a first gen charger...     Belvedere rear window wouldnt have that rake to it ---  barracuda rear glass wrapped around to the 1/4 panels...   it didnt square off like whats in the pic.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

THE CHARGER PUNK

in 67-69 the barracuda window didnt wrap, I think its a 68 dodge monaco or polara-MATT

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on November 16, 2006, 03:21:05 AM
in 67-69 the barracuda window didnt wrap

true....    they came to a slight point at the bottom..   they werent strait across like in the pic. ---  however from that angle it is hard to tell...     possibly a second gen cuda...    notice the rear seat area is flat...   not like a 1st gen charger....
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

I don't see first gen either.  If I remember right, the rear window in the first gen is flat in the center with up turned outter side edges.  Also, if I remember right, the header panel below the rear window where the trunk panel closes, it thicker.  I want to say three inches or more from window to trunk panel. 

I am sure that someone with a first gen could look and tell us for sure, It has been years since I've driven one, and a whole bunch longer since I was in the back seat of one.
Formerly chargerdaytona477

Ghoste

Definitely NOT a 1st gen Charger.  The back window is the giveaway.  Are you certain it's a Mopar?  What about an AMC Marlin?

BB1

Man, that is a barracuda fastback.  ::)
Delete my profile

nh_mopar_fan

Arthu®

Wow what a responce ;D I figured it wasn't a 2nd gen Charger. But couldn't put my finger on what else it was. Thanks guys. It's cool that Mopars are gaining popularity overhere as well. You see them more and more often.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Old Moparz

It's a '67 to '69 Barracuda fastback for sure, I had one. "A" the rear part of the door where the locking button is, has a much steeper angle from the top moulding to the break in the top of the door. "B" the rear window curve & interior trim are unique, I still have these parts. "C" the roof line has a slight curve instead of an angle like the B-Bodies. I just can't recall if the lock button location differs from one year to the next like it does on the '68 to '69 Chargers.

(Here's a nice one on ebay with lots of pix)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-PLYMOUTH-CUDA-M-CODE-DOCUMENTED-440-RARE-BARRACUDA_W0QQitemZ220046382301QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MorePwr

Charger_Fan

I'm goin' with Moparz' guess. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68 RT

Dude it was my answer first and it was'nt a guess.  ;D

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 68 RT on November 16, 2006, 03:13:47 PM
Dude it was my answer first and it was'nt a guess.  ;D
Yeah, but you didn't say which year/body style. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1968 Charger B5

lol yea....the mirror was what threw us off
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

BB1

WTH took you guys so long.  :nana:
Delete my profile