News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of "Not so perfect" driver chargers?

Started by h76, November 14, 2006, 06:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h76

Anybody got any pictures of driver chargers that are strictly drivers(any shape from just barely on the road to ok drivers)?
Contemplating what route to go with my 68-thinking about just primering it black and running it. Any thoughts out there?

Schuler

Here is my driver. Its unrestored and missing some paint. But I drive it on the street (an strip once in awhile) and beat the crap out of it. If you see it on a trailer...it has definitely been stolen.
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

Mean 318

When I get my 68 it will be flat black with black rims!!!!! I love that look!  ;D

Khyron

take a close look, she has a few bumps and bruises, but she's driven often.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

Well... the reason I haven't posted much in the last month I just finished a 4600 mile roadtrip across the US with my 68' Charger... so would I consider it a driver?... abso-friggin'-loutely... You can have the nicest car on the planet, but if it isn't sorted out and I mean every aspect of it, then the car is useless...

Build your cars to drive them... regardless of how nice they are. BTW - I would leave work right now and jump in and turn the key with no worries whatsoever.... that car is just as reliable as my wifes' 06' Honda Accord.... and looks a lot better going down the road.

41husk

Quote from: Khyron on November 14, 2006, 09:38:57 PM
take a close look, she has a few bumps and bruises, but she's driven often.
I would not describe that as not so perfect.  It looks pretty sweet.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Hemidog

been thinking the same thing myself h76, black primer is just so badass, right CB?  ;)

friends say i should paint it gloss black or purple, but there is a lot of bodywork and things to be done, and when i look at this picture....  :icon_smile_big:

CB

Quote from: Hemidog on November 15, 2006, 12:13:36 PM
been thinking the same thing myself h76, black primer is just so badass, right CB? ;)

friends say i should paint it gloss black or purple, but there is a lot of bodywork and things to be done, and when i look at this picture.... :icon_smile_big:

Hey, glad someone remeber my flat black 69.
I like it a lot but she will be painted back to B5 Blue any time next year (I hope)
She needs front end work, brakes and trans stuff. But she drives, sounds wicked (Flowmaster mufflers) and get all the looks :D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

4forty

Quote from: NYCMille on November 15, 2006, 08:32:02 AM
Well... the reason I haven't posted much in the last month I just finished a 4600 mile roadtrip across the US with my 68' Charger... so would I consider it a driver?... abso-friggin'-loutely... You can have the nicest car on the planet, but if it isn't sorted out and I mean every aspect of it, then the car is useless...

Build your cars to drive them... regardless of how nice they are. BTW - I would leave work right now and jump in and turn the key with no worries whatsoever.... that car is just as reliable as my wifes' 06' Honda Accord.... and looks a lot better going down the road.

I hate you....

1968 Charger B5

Hey yea black primer is cool.  Well I drive my roadrunner everyday except in the winter where I drive my shitty pickup around.  My charger is in decent shape, but the paint has bad orange peel that i will have to take care of later, and wimpy 14 inch rims/tires.   But not bad for a 22 year old huh?

just click here its in my profile pics

www.myspace.com/rickpellegrino
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

old man

What good is it having a car that you aren't afraid to drive it when you want. I hate the people who have the " tralier queens" who are afraid to drive it somewhere because they might get it dirty. The only problem is that I have too many to drive very often. What a problem, what shall I drive today. 70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger,79 Little Red, 73 340 Duster or just the Dakota R/T, Durango or Quadcab 4x4. I say drive the wheels of it.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

NYCMille

"79 Little Red" - BITCHEN!! I love those trucks... any pics! :icon_smile_cool:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mefirst

Here is my beat up wagon... Looks nice from a distance, but look closely you would see the many battle scars on her body... and yes, she is a driver not a trailer queen...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Gimmegimmies/Stuff/P1010051.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Gimmegimmies/Stuff/P1010050.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Gimmegimmies/Stuff/P1010001.jpg

Here she is hurt really bad so she had to get some help to get back home....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Gimmegimmies/Stuff/P1010002.jpg

/Tom

Jon Smith

Its not so bad but the trim and interior are pretty beat up, and with the price of parts and my general laziness it'll probably never be a show car

Johnny SixPack

She's definitely aint' pretty:

But she starts every time, and drives like a champ.

Pretty much a daily driver by all accounts, and she's treated as such.

Still wearing her original F3 green paint (except for the donor pass. front q-panel and door).
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Mean 318

been thinking the same thing myself h76, black primer is just so badass, right CB?  ;)

friends say i should paint it gloss black or purple, but there is a lot of bodywork and things to be done, and when i look at this picture....  :icon_smile_big:
DEAR GOD I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deputycrawford

My car looks good in these pictures because I'm hiding the driver's side damage to the front fender and rear quarter. I have had the engine out by this time, as you can tell. I wanted it to look stockish but, as one of the magazines said, "go like stink." it has around 485 HP and should finish the 1340 in around 12.70. The first link will show you my office and the Charger. The second link will just show you the Charger.

http://www.geocities.com/kc8lbo/

http://geocities.com/kc8lbo/charger/charger.html
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Manfred318

My jalopy ;) Its definitely not perfect notice the water marks on the front bumper and the front valence doesn't line up exactly as it should. It also has a nice scratch on the passenger door where some jerk-ass hit it with their car door :flame: along with the various dings and such. It adds to the character. :yesnod: ;D

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BigBlockSam

i  had a great time with my charger when in was flat black. i never worried about paint or scratchs . now the car is painted and i'm always watching out for the paint. i might leave my next charger in black primer . less stress. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Danny Gutierrez

My 98 Neon broke down and I haven't had the time to fix her so I've been driving the Charger for the last month.  She looks good from a distance, but she's rough when you look closely. :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Hemidog

Quote from: Mean 318 on November 15, 2006, 07:31:45 PM

DEAR GOD I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not my car, though i wish it was....
mines to the left  ;D

andy74

mine in sig was my daily until this year-now i get a company car so she is a weekend warrior