News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fender Tag lottery

Started by MorePwr, November 13, 2006, 12:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorePwr

Brian (Konigcharger) found a lot of Charger fender tags on Ebay... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20616.0.html

I am proposing a group buy of these tags. Lets get them registered and back to their cars, if any are still living

My plan is to buy the tags and redistribute them to participating DC.Com members, who then can register their tag and post here what model, year, color, etc Charger (tag) they ended up with. maybe a coolest car vote afterwards?

I would redistribute the tags Lottery style,with the help of other local members (any volunteers?) no one is going to know what tag they are getting.

Participation will cost around two bucks per person for one tag, assuming I can get the tags for around a hundred dollars and that I can mail them with a stamp or two..I am Not looking to make a cent or spend much on this. the exact cost will be determined by the outcome of the bidding and mailing back to you.

This will be first come first serve.. their are 60 tags

1 Bandit72
2 terrible one

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

twilt

Your not going to score that lot for around $100  :Twocents:

Chris G.

No offense dude, but giving out the tags to anyone that sends you $2.50 sounds like a not so great idea.

Like I said in the other post, if I bid on these tags, they will all be documented and all information posted here and if we get a match, the tag gets sent to the owner at no charge. The one's that we don't get matched up (which I'm assuming is most), will get sent to the proper registry or stored in a safe place.

That's just my take on it. I will probably bid, but I'm not going to go overboard on this. Fender tags are extremely important to many people. Just handing them out to any random person is not what I would do.  :Twocents:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Chris G. on November 13, 2006, 07:30:27 AM
No offense dude, but giving out the tags to anyone that sends you $2.50 sounds like a not so great idea.

Like I said in the other post, if I bid on these tags, they will all be documented and all information posted here and if we get a match, the tag gets sent to the owner at no charge. The one's that we don't get matched up (which I'm assuming is most), will get sent to the proper registry or stored in a safe place.

That's just my take on it. I will probably bid, but I'm not going to go overboard on this. Fender tags are extremely important to many people. Just handing them out to any random person is not what I would do.  :Twocents:

:iagree:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

i think there gonna cost alot more than $100 .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

kab69440

My hope is just to PM the winning bidder to see if he has mine. It way south of where my car originated, but who knows...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

FastbackJon

I'd just send the tags to the respective registries and let them sort them out. If you go posting all the VINs and fender tag pictures, what stops someone from copying the image and having their own duplicate tag made, or from claiming they have the car with the VIN from the tag?

:Twocents:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

MorePwr

The one flaw Chris is that you aren't too serious about getting them.. to some jag off out there, these tags are worth a great deal of money in resale value. I assure you, that guy is going to outbid you, if you are allready choking at a hundred dollars.....What then?...Who knows, maybe we'll see them at the swapmeets?

As far as"handing them out to any random person" Bandit72, No longer a registered user, terrible one, how do you guys feel about that? I believe people from this board that were willing to participate would have treated the tags with all the respect due them! and probably would have donated them back to a safe resting place once one had been determined I was kinda hoping there was a Charger museum somewhere that they could have been displayed at. with their story.

Since this group buy has been effectively shut down..Nobody wants to argue with a moderator :thumbs:
I sincerely hope you guys get them

Bandit72

Quote from: MorePwr on November 13, 2006, 01:48:02 PM

The one flaw Chris is that you aren't too serious about getting them.. to some jag off out there, these tags are worth a great deal of money in resale value. I assure you, that guy is going to outbid you, if you are allready choking at a hundred dollars.....What then?...Who knows, maybe we'll see them at the swapmeets?

As far as"handing them out to any random person" Bandit72, No longer a registered user, terrible one, how do you guys feel about that? I believe people from this board that were willing to participate would have treated the tags with all the respect due them! and probably would have donated them back to a safe resting place once one had been determined I was kinda hoping there was a Charger museum somewhere that they could have been displayed at. with their story.

Since this group buy has been effectively shut down..Nobody wants to argue with a moderator :thumbs:
I sincerely hope you guys get them

i was figuring after we registered our tag and did the "coolest car" we were going to work on getting them back to the "rightful owners" anyway....thats what i was planning on. I don't really have a need for another tag anyway (as i already have mind :P) basically it sounds to me just like getting all the tags registered and getting them returned just with kind of an "imaginary car show" using the tag you get.....

oh well...

later
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Chris G.

Quote from: MorePwr on November 13, 2006, 01:48:02 PM
The one flaw Chris is that you aren't too serious about getting them..

Really? How do you know how serious I am? There's a good chance the seller is a member on this board or someone he knows. Did you want me to publicly say I would drop a grand on them? (which I wouldn't)

If you want to bid on them go ahead. Do your lottery thing as well.

ps- Moderators are people too. Argue, agree and confront them all you want. They love it.  :icon_smile_wink:

BigBlockSam

i think they'll go for $300---$400 range but you never know with ebay. Chris if you are definitely going after them i will stay out of the auction. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Shakey

If you see "Shakey The Tag Guy" bidding - you better be prepared to dig deep if you want these babies!   :yesnod:

I'm gonna buy 'em all, paint them all F6 and weld them to the inner fenders of my car.   :yesnod:

I figure I can get 30 on each side.  Then when I go to a show, I'll put a napkin from McDonalds over my dash VIN and let the  :scratchchin:  begin.   :D

MorePwr

Right you are Chris, My appologies. I was thinking of  another post on Brians thread that stated a benjamin was too much for the tags.. I dont know what you consider "going overboard" I too didn't want to state my limit, I just figured that with a large group of folks backing me, that we would have much more dough to throw at the bid than any one individual would want to. guess I'm wrong there. you seem pretty darn intent on getting these yourself.

If your not trying to hinder a group buy, what are you doing here posting negatively about it...You allready stated your intent on the other thread and so did I...I got it, thank you. This was intended to be a sign up thread.

MorePwr

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 13, 2006, 02:38:38 PM
i think they'll go for $300---$400 range but you never know with ebay. Chris if you are definitely going after them i will stay out of the auction. Rene

I agree, but thats still only 5.00- 7.00 Dollars per tag.  seems reasonable to me. I'll stay out also. go for it dude!

Chris G.

Damn, $400? That's some serious coin for a bunch of tags. Rene, if you want to go for it, I say do it. Just send me the '70 tags buddy old pal.  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

I want these tags so I can do the right thing with them (that doesn't mean others won't), but I certainly don't want anyone to not bid because I want them. I'm sure there are others here that would also like to pick them up.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats way too much coin for me as well...sadly though the tags will probably end up in the "wrong hands"
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

konigcharger

300-400  is a lot of cash for any one to spend on these and more than any one person has to spend

how about this i think if you could buy blocks say $20 per
so say 20 people each chip in $20 thats $400 (but you could buy multipule blocks)
the person who wins them writes down the vin # sends it to their respective registry and keeps a list of who has what
then the tags would be randomly dispersed based on how many blocks you own

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

MorePwr

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 13, 2006, 05:04:18 PM
Thats way too much coin for me as well...sadly though the tags will probably end up in the "wrong hands"

I hope you guys are just joking, and do intend to get the tags......otherwise :cussing: :brickwall: :RantExplode:

BigBlockSam

Chargerguy74

I'll buy every Canadian 3rd gen tag if the high bidder here is willing to sell. Let me know. There are a lot of cars missing tags.

Chargerguy74@hotmail.com
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

MorePwr

16 hours............................

2Gunz

Ok so Whats The Deal?

Is ANYBODY on this board bidding?

I dont want to stupidly start bidding against somebody here.

Please let me know or Im going to start bidding.