News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

shaking idle

Started by greenrt_se, August 28, 2005, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

just break a cam (20min 1500-3000 rpm) everything was good oil press,temp.but after cool down and a new oil,the idle is bad,motor shaking a
lot. here a what is in the motor:
440 0,030 over
TRW 2355f (zero deck) fel pro 1009 head gasket
Hughes 223/228 0,050 hydraulic cam
E-head 84cc  (out of box)
RPM intake
Demon 750 mech (out of box)
1,6:1 roller rockers (3/4 turn pre load)
MSD 6al+ready to run distributor+blaster coil (initial 15 and mech 21)
plugs NGK  0,47 gap
meachanical fuel pump(pressure arount 5psi)

the vaacum is 10 inch little moving
the motor start instant when hit the key but that shaking isn ´t sount right ???

firefighter3931

It needs to be tuned   :D Have a look at your timing....it should have ~15* at idle. The carb probably needs some adjustment as well, specificly the idle mixture.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cudaken

What is the carb? More than likely it is the cause, turn the idle control in all the way then back them out till it run's a little better then do the other side of the carb.

Re torque the carb and intake bolts as well. In fact I would do that first then play with the Carb.

Like I know anything.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chryco Psycho

cam should be run in at a steady speed not up & down
I agree that you need to do the tuning BUT possibly the cam lost a lobe as well , can you pull plug wires to see ifd it is just 1 cylinder that is missing ??

greenrt_se

but if there is cam lobe(s) wiped down I think at vaacum pounching in idle,now it ´s almost steady 10inch

mbandit

greenrt,

This is similar to my problem, what was the solution?

Mel

greenrt_se

well, I been tuning carb(now idle vaacum is between 14-15" ,but still motor is shaking.initial timing is 15deg

cudaken

Timo, did this just start, or a problem all the long with the Vapor lock thing?

Cuda Ken
I am back

greenrt_se

this has been all the time

firefighter3931

Timo,

Check your plugwires again and make sure the firing order is correct. Often guys will cross #'s 5 & 7 plugwires and this will cause a poor idle/performance. Once that's done, try advancing the base timing to 18-19* and see if that helps. Change the plugs to the 6 series i mentioned in the other post and run 94 octane fuel. Hopefully that'll do it. Have a look at the plugs when you pull them....if they are black/dark grey it's running rich. White/light grey means it's lean. Tan/light brown is good.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenrt_se

ok thanks,I write later what happens